Killing Eve

Tools    

I find a couple of things in your last two posts a little odd. Firstly, "gritty" is never how this programme seemed to me. It's too stylized to be gritty, for me. Almost fanciful and echoing those Euro thrillers of the 60's and 70's.

I've also always thought that Villanelle was childish. I mean, she always kicks against any suggestion that she can't do as she pleases and sulks on the occasions where she realises that's the way it has to be.

It is stylized but the gruesome nature of some of the murders we've witnessed definitely suggests a grittiness. I do understand that Villanelle has always been kind of childish, what I was trying to say was that it has grown tiresome.

Just finished ep 5 of season 2,l which was the first episode I've noticed where Sandra Oh is billed as an executive producer...usually not a good sign for a TV show. Most TV shows take a definite dip in quality when the star becomes an executive producer, but this episode was pretty solid. I hated seeing the parting of Eve and Kenny. Kenny seems to be the only character on this show who has his head screwed on right. Loved Villanelle meeting Nico too. I think the more Eve tries shut Nico out, the more danger she's putting him in.

Most TV shows take a definite dip in quality when the star becomes an executive producer ...
Why is that do you think?

I don't know why it's just a pattern I've noticed over the years. Look at the first few seasons of MASH and then look at the 5th or 6th season when Alan Alda became executive producer...the show became pompous and boring.

Just finished ep 6...as I predicted, her work has destroyed Eve's marriage. I guess we're supposed to feel bad for her but she brought this on herself. Villanelle was a riot at the AA meeting and what the hell was going through her mind when she was looking at that pot in the fish & chips place?

I honestly don't know if we're supposed to feel bad for Eve or not, for the very reason that she has brought it on herself. If anything, I felt we were supposed to feel sorry for Nico, as he's the 'innocent' party in it all.

Just finished season 2...despite ending on the ultimate red herring/cliffhanger, it has become obvious over the last two episodes of the season that these two women's lives are now intermingled until one of them dies, even if what we all think is going to happen doesn't happen. Death is the only thing that can separate them now. I hate that I still don't know who works for who...Carolyn is obviously "The Man" but does she really run The Twelve? That just seems too easy. I'm also continually fascinated by the mystery of the relationship between Villanelle and Constantine. Looking forward to season 3.

Just watched the season 3 opener and am not happy with the way the season 2 finale was just kind of glossed over. And I am DEFINITELY not happy about Kenny...not Kenny! Not happy at alll.

Ep 2 was odd...Carolyn seems to be taking her son's death very well and Villanelle is totally out of control. The fight has been completely knocked out of Eve I wish she would get it back.

Ep 3 was easily the best one since the pilot, as this show continues to pose more questions than it answers...Carolyn's place in this madness is still undeniably confusing as is the relationship between Villanelle and Constantine. And I don't know how Villanelle knew Eve was on that bus, but that scene was worth the price of admission all by itself. Did that woman seriously put that baby in a trash can? And it's official...Villannelle is insane.

Did that woman seriously put that baby in a trash can? And it's official...Villannelle is insane.
When I saw that I wondered if it was at all inspired by this infamous story from over here. I can't believe this was 10 years ago now.

When I saw that I wondered if it was at all inspired by this infamous story from over here. I can't believe this was 10 years ago now.
I remember this story. Crazy bitch put a cat in the garbage can.

Well, I thought we were going to make history with ep 5 being the first "death-free" episode of this show, but it was not to be. Her own family...this bitch be crazy.

Just wrapped ep 6...that scene with Carolyn and her daughter was the first Carolyn scene since I've begun watching this show where I actually believed what she was saying. Loved her scene in the car with Constantin too. The alleged symbolism of Dasha and Eve in the bowling alley came off forced. Villanelle's budding relationship with Irina redefines squirm worthy.

Well, I thought we were going to make history with ep 5 being the first "death-free" episode of this show, but it was not to be. Her own family...this bitch be crazy.
Surely you saw that ending coming? I loved it though. That whole episode if fantastic, IMO. Possibly my favourite in the season.

Finished season 3...glad Carolyn can clean about her son, I suspected as much. Glad Dasha's dead...I hated her...the final scene was a little ambiguous for my taste, but I should have expected as much. I won't be sitting on pins and needles, but will be watching season 4 when it rolls around.

After watching the season 4 opener, I have to confess that the first thing that crossed my mind is that I wish I had re-watched season 3 first because there was either a stuff that I forgot from season 3 or it happened offscreen between seasons. Another thing that immediately leaped to mind as I watched this is one of the main reasons I love this show...nothing in this show is presented in black and white, no matter how much attention is paid. This whole thing of Villanelle's "rebirth" is beyond creepy and her sincerity regarding the process is, as expected, questionable. That scene with the black cat was awesome, I knew something was going to happen, but didn't see that coming. I know that father and daughter Villanelle is staying with probably won't be around before the season ends. Love Eve's new partner...talk about sex on legs. Loved when she said she didn't want to see his nipples unless they agreed with her. I've also been confused about Carolyn's position with The Twelve...does she work for them or do they work for her and I may have gotten my answer in this episode. And can we just give Jodie Comer an Emmy already? She's amazing.