Plot twists that really shocked you.

Tools    

WARNING: spoilers below
Rabid Dogs
The Skin I Live In
While I was overall
mixed on Rabid Dogs, the twist was shocking and powerful. I had read the book that The Skin I Live In was based on before seeing the movie, but I agree that it's a heck of a reveal. And, in fact, the film changes some significant things from the book, so I was actually surprised by the ending because I thought I knew where it was going.

Under the Skin definitely had good plot twists.

The end of "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" really got me.. it was a great twist to finish the film. You may want to check it out.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The ending of Ex Machina. Didn't see it coming(that she gives zero ****s about Gleasons character).

The ending of Ex Machina. Didn't see it coming(that she gives zero ****s about Gleasons character).
I was gonna mention this movie, but couldn’t remember the name of it. Yes, she got him good.

The Crying Game has a very shocking plot twist that I did not see coming on my 1st viewing. Very good movie.
Rewatched this last night. A great film, but it doesn’t feel like that twist is a game-changer. It’s doesn’t necessarily affect the plot. I.e. if
Dil wasn’t transgender
, I don’t think the ending would have been different.

Rewatched this last night. A great film, but it doesn’t feel like that twist is a game-changer. It’s doesn’t necessarily affect the plot. I.e. if
Dil wasn’t transgender
, I don’t think the ending would have been different.
I never said it was a “game changer” nor did the OP ask for that. Rather, what really shocked us & I was shocked to see Dil’s penis. If this movie came out now I think it wouldn’t be such a surprise as we are more aware of transgender people now. But back then I did not expect this nor did anyone else I knew.

I never said it was a “game changer” nor did the OP ask for that. Rather, what really shocked us & I was shocked to see Dil’s penis. If this movie came out now I think it wouldn’t be such a surprise as we are more aware of transgender people now. But back then I did not expect this nor did anyone else I knew.
Sure, I agree. I must have just read «*game-changer*» into the topic.

Angel Heart- Parker
Jacob's Ladder
Not exactly a plot twist but Lost Highway by David Lynch- That movie is twisted, It has many surprises. I would be interested if anybody figured that movie out on their first viewing?

Usual Suspects

Samuel Fuller's The Naked Kiss.
Yes.

The way that the film
establishes who you should think of as the antagonists and then totally pulls the rug out from under you is pretty fabulous.