Le mur de l'angoisse english title?

Tools    

Hi
Anybody know the english title from this movie "le mur de l'angoisse" i'm not sure 100% of the french title bit i'm sure i'm pretty close.
Movie around 1975-1985 and not the one with John Ritter.

A man in a prison Cell found a way to go out during the night to commit a murder and come back in time for a perfect Alibi. Every night he went out and go little more far away to finaly reach his destination. He also needs his cloths as a rope to escape so he's runming nude in some part of the film.

I remember he also play chest with the guard and it's also a part of his plan.

Finaly he commited his murder and come back to his cell. Unfortunatly he got caught not sure how bit it was involving a bird...🤔🤔🤔 I think he bring back to his cell the bird pet of the victim.

I'm pretty sure it's not a usa movie mayne sweden.

It was a VHS big box. And the art work shows a drawing of a stone wall with a face also with some dark blue background.

Thanks

Yes many time Google bring me to that movie title or the one with John Ritter but it's not the one thanks

It's verry strange that i can not find a movie which i have the french title it seems that movie completly forgoten. 😂😂

Thanks but not this one. This is the one with John Ritter.

Thanks but not this one. This is the one with John Ritter.
It has John Ritter. If you would have looked at the actual page and see his name clearly on the poster.

It seems to be an Anthology as well

Here's the imdb page. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211661...nm_flmg_act_20

That's right without John Ritter and at lease 20 years older. Thanks

This is the closest thing to what you’re describing:

Birdman of Alcatraz, 1962, directed by John Frankenheimer and starring Burt Lancaster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdman_of_Alcatraz_(film)

‘Robert Stroud (Lancaster) is imprisoned as a young man for committing a murder in Alaska. He is shown as a rebellious inmate, fighting against a rigid prison system... ...While in jail, Stroud learns that his mother (Ritter) tried to visit him but was denied and told to return later in the week. Outraged, he attacks a guard over the issue and stabs the man to death. Stroud is sentenced to death, but his mother runs a successful campaign and his sentence is commuted to life in prison. The terms of the sentence require that he be kept in solitary confinement for the rest of his life.
To break the monotony, Stroud adopts an orphaned baby sparrow as a pet. This starts a trend and he and the other convicts acquire birds, such as canaries, as gifts from the outside.’

I think your movie might be The Night Visitor with Max von Sydow. This site won't let me post a link, but the Wikipedia plot description seems to match.

It also says that it was re-released in 1981 under the title: Lunatic

Thanks but no. But good news i found it "the night visitor" 1971. It seems it was a usa/ sweden movie i can believe i was right about sweden??? I was 12 years old when i saw it. French title was "le visiteur de la nuit" but sometime here in Quebec they are many different french title. Thanks to all for helping me.
If you have the chance to see it, it's a very good movie.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	65827  

Yes moongirl you found the good movie. Thanks very much. I found it also before i saw your reply. Sorry for the credit but you have all my respect for finding it.

I'm glad you found your film!

How the heck does a movie change its title from Le Mur de Angoisse (The Wall of Anguish) to Le Visiteur de la Nuit (The Night Visitor)?

No, I don`t know((

How the heck does a movie change its title from Le Mur de Angoisse (The Wall of Anguish) to Le Visiteur de la Nuit (The Night Visitor)?
Probably it just change inside my head... Mixing 2 movies...

Hello Friends. Sorry for necroing, but I come to clarify this topic.
I actually stumbled here because I was looking for the english title of a movie called "Les Murs de l'angoisse" in french, which is indeed "Terror Tract" in english (so gj and thank you MovieGal).