The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Excalibur is a great film. I am a fan of Arthurian legend. Read many book series, watched many movies and even read a book about think @Citizen Rules would be interested in.

I even have Arthurian tarot cards.
I think my favorite of Arthurian Legend books is T.H. White's Once and Future King. Read it several times as a kid and a teenager.

I updated the first post earlier, but figured I'd mention it here as well: I've currently set the deadline to Saturday, September 12th. Of course if anyone joins in late, we'll get an extra week for each new film.

I've apparently got writer's block, so I doubt I'll get anything written for Dark Crystal tonight. I have a few sentence fragments and keywords written, but that's about it. The first review or two are always the hardest for me, since it always seems to take a couple films to get back into the flow of things.

I think my favorite of Arthurian Legend books is T.H. White's Once and Future King. Read it several times as a kid and a teenager.
I have several

Mists of Avalon series - Marion Zimmer Bradley

Grail Series - Stephen Lawhead

Bernard Cornwell has a very violent version. The Warlord Chronicles.

There are several others as well.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I have several

Mists of Avalon series - Marion Zimmer Bradley

Grail Series - Stephen Lawhead

Bernard Cornwell has a very violent version. The Warlord Chronicles.

There are several others as well.
I remember Mist of Avalon. Excellent series though I think I only read the first only

I remember Mist of Avalon. Excellent series though I think I only read the first only
The third book which is s prequel to the 2nd book which is prequel to Mists...has the best and most tragic scene of love. I can read it over and over because of that scene.

The series by Stephen Lawhead..the feys were an Atlantian breed. Half of the first book is set in Atlantis.

I think I've seen Excalibur, Dragon Slayer, Dragonheart, and The Dark Crystal, but I couldn't say definitely what is what. The first Lord of the Rings movie, while impressive, was a long tough watch. I haven't seen either sequel. Have not seen Tideland and I try to avoid Terry Gilliam movies. Never heard of Donkey Skin. Kiki was one of my favorite movies from that director. Kwaiden is quite good, probably my favorite of the bunch and certainly different from the rest.

I think I've seen Excalibur, Dragon Slayer, Dragonheart, and The Dark Crystal, but I couldn't say definitely what is what. The first Lord of the Rings movie, while impressive, was a long tough watch. I haven't seen either sequel. Have not seen Tideland and I try to avoid Terry Gilliam movies. Never heard of Donkey Skin. Kiki was one of my favorite movies from that director. Kwaiden is quite good, probably my favorite of the bunch and certainly different from the rest.
You should have joined!

@pahaK

I read about you movie and it seems right up my way. Its on Amazon prime video too.

The trick is not minding
Back from my fishing trip! I caught nothing 🙁
Came back with 4 fish, however that my companions caught. 4 decent sized Spanish Mackerel. Usually we come back with 15-20 fish of different *species. Mahi Mahi, Coby, Wahoo and the occasional tuna. *But anyways, the nominees:
*Not mominees*

Kwaidan- Siddon always has the most Interesting nominees. I loved his Le Corbeau in the film noir HOF. Add to the fact I have been wanting to see this for so long, well....I’m excited.

Donkey Skin*- the only film I haven’t heard of. Although I have heard of the director. Really interested in this, as I’m familiar with the tale of the girl in the donkey skin
Excalibur watched this in school for some reason. Before I got really into movies. Don’t remember much. Been meaning to rewatch this. Helen Mirren 😍

Dragonslayer*- my pick. Really great film, and also available on Amazon Prime.

The Dark Crystal*- considered this one but decided against it. *Always liked it from my childhood. Own it, so it’ll be easy to watch

Kiki's Delivery Service*- Been considering watching this for awhile. Just haven’t prioritized it, even though I’m a fan of Hayazaki.

DragonHeart*- Saw this in theatre. Saw it again a few years ago and didn’t quite like it. Will rewatch it.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring*- Saw this in theatre. Really enjoyed it. Brother owns it. Been meaning to rewatch it for awhile now

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King*-
Also seen it in the theatres. While in Arizona on a bus trip to visit my sisters family. The best of the series, even if the ending does drag.
Tideland*- Big fan of Terry Gilliam. I may have been heard of this. It looks familiar When I looked it up but only vaguely. Either way, interesting pick.
Looking forward to this journey we shall undertake together.

Back from my fishing trip! I caught nothing 🙁
Came back with 4 fish, however that my companions caught. 4 decent sized Spanish Mackerel. Usually we come back with 15-20 fish of different *species. Mahi Mahi, Coby, Wahoo and the occasional tuna.
Were is it that you went fishing? Are you on vacation right now in some tropical land

@ahwell or anyone...

Does anyone have a link for Kiki's Delivery Service / Majo no takkyubin that's in Japanese? All I could find was English dubs, which is probably fine but if anyone has a link in Japanese, let me know.

@ahwell or anyone...

Do you have a link for Kiki's Delivery Service / Majo no takkyubin that's in Japanese? All I could find was English dubs, which is probably fine but if anyone has a link in Japanese, let me know.
I only use valid sites, netflix, hulu, prime, criterion channel, hoopla, the other library streaming site. have you checked Vimeo?

I only use valid sites, netflix, hulu, prime, criterion channel, hoopla, the other library streaming site. have you checked Vimeo?
Vimeo, I looked there and it's like Dailymotion mostly just clips from the movie.

The trick is not minding
Love that lil strip of land. Quite beautiful - but OH LORD when the storms come a-brewin. . . look out!
Yeah, had a bad one there back in 2008. Have one coming through right now as well

I just finished one of the nominees.. I will give a bit of a rating and review later in the week. Perhaps I may watch it again.... before I do.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
After reading the nominations, I decided not to join, but I'll probably watch some of the movies and follow alongside the thread. These are my thoughts about the nominations:

I think saw Excalibur a long time ago, but I don't remember anything about it. I have it on DVD, so I'll probably watch it.

I saw Dragonslayer back when it was in the movie theaters, but the only thing that I remember about it is that I went with my mother, and it was a sold out showing, so we had seats in the very first row, and by the time the movie was over, we both had stiff necks. I'll probably rewatch this movie too.

I've seen The Dark Crystal a couple of times, but again, not recently, so I don't remember much about it. This is another movie that I have on DVD, so I'll probably rewatch this movie too.

I've seen several Miyazaki movies, but to be honest, they tend to blend together in my mind, so I'm not sure if Kiki's Delivery Service is one of his movies that I've seen. I usually like his movies, so I'll likely watch this movie too.

I've heard of DragonHeart, but I've never seen it. I might watch this movie too.

I have all of the Lord of the Rings movies on DVD, but I only watched them once, and that was back when I bought the DVDs. I might rewatch The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, but only if I have the time to watch the whole trilogy.

I've never heard of Kwaidan, Donkey Skin, and Tideland, so I'll have to read a little bit about them before deciding whether or not to watch them.