The Fantasy Hall of Fame

Tools    

Since there have been no objections, I'm officially moving the reveal date to Wednesday. Even though that's a holiday here, I don't get the day off, but I'll be able to post the nominations as soon as I get home from work.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Considering you're keeping new moms for a while after and yeah, we were all pretty decisive right from the get-go, going with a Wednesday Reveal works great.
Wait a second. We’re supposed to have nominated Moms? Well in that case I change my nomination Liz Hurley
I'm going to have trouble deciding which mom to pick myself
Yes, new MOMS. It's something we've been talking about and Cosmic seemed like the IDEAL host to run with it since she can keep it fun, exciting and not entirely sexist.

migod, ya miss-spell ONE thing. . .

The trick is not minding
Yes, new MOMS. It's something we've been talking about and Cosmic seemed like the IDEAL host to run with it since she can keep it fun, exciting and not entirely sexist.

migod, ya miss-spell ONE thing. . .
Hey, I support you on this moms thing. Let’s not be too eager to dismiss this Idea quite yet....

Moms HoF? I thought we decided this was a Video Game HoF now.

We'll do this Thunderdome style. Two HoFs enter, one HoF leaves. Place your bets now!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	gamesvsmoms.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	65697  

Moms HoF? I thought we decided this was a Video Game HoF now.

We'll do this Thunderdome style. Two HoFs enter, one HoF leaves. Place your bets now!

I've seen a few angry moms in my day, I'll not only go with Moms but I'll go as high as 3 to 1.

Easy to see where Ed's confuddlement sprang from - it's not all that unusual for there to be a bit of overlap between Fantasy and Moms for guys (even if it does generally occur to those slightly younger)

For the record, if you need a tie-breaker I'm 100% voting for 'Moms that are game on video'

Here are some teasers for tomorrow's reveal (which will likely happen around this time, assuming I'm not late getting off work).

The most recent film is 15 years old.
The oldest film is 56 years old.

The 1980s is our most popular decade with 4 films released that year.
The 2000s is runner up with 3 films released that year.

Two of the nominations were released the same year.
Two of the nominations are from the same director.

Here are some teasers for tomorrow's reveal (which will likely happen around this time, assuming I'm not late getting off work).

Wow, looks like the preference for old school fantasy is reigning rather highly - nice!

Easy to see where Ed's confuddlement sprang from - it's not all that unusual for there to be a bit of overlap between Fantasy and Moms for guys (even if it does generally occur to those slightly younger)

For the record, if you need a tie-breaker I'm 100% voting for 'Moms that are game on video'
Are we talking the full anthology with the side quests or we sticking with the numerical series only?
Just asking cuz I'm a bit of a fan with quite the library to choose from.

Wow, looks like the preference for old school fantasy is reigning rather highly - nice!
I had actually watched a few newer films since I usually go with a nomination that isn't as well known, but even I went with a classic this time haha. I imagine there are going to be a lot of rewatches for this HoF.

I've previously seen 7 of the nominations in their entirety, and part of 1. Most of these I haven't seen in over a decade or longer, so I don't mind that there are going to be so many repeat viewings for me. The other 2 are films I was already familiar with, one of which my roommates have owned on both VHS and DVD for some time now. I know why I haven't watched that one yet, but the other is by a director whose work I typically enjoy, so I'm not sure why I've put it off for so long.

Are we talking the full anthology with the side quests or we sticking with the numerical series only?
Just asking cuz I'm a bit of a fan with quite the library to choose from.
The full anthology with the side boobage quests of course

My film does not fall in to any of the common scenarios here.

CR2....Is mine the "odd film out"?

My film does not fall in to any of the common scenarios here.

CR2....Is mine the "odd film out"?
I wouldn't say it's a complete outlier; I just went with commonalities that were easy to condense into simple, bite-sized sentences.

For example, we don't currently have any other films in that language, but we do have two other non-English films, though one of those has a popular dub that some may choose to watch instead of its native language release. So I couldn't really say "3 Foreign Language Films" without that qualifier about the dub.

I wouldn't say it's a complete outlier; I just went with commonalities that were easy to condense into simple, bite-sized sentences.

For example, we don't currently have any other films in that language, but we do have two other non-English films, though one of those has a popular dub that some may choose to watch instead of its native language release. So I couldn't really say "3 Foreign Language Films" without that qualifier about the dub.
3 Foreign?? I like that!
The anticipation just keeps a-growin