Things that annoy you...

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm confident that sooner or later my name will show up on this list.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I actually meant that yellow "tears of laughter" emoji you seen on youtube, reddit, everywhere else. This purple one is ok.

What kind of monster doesn't toast their bagels?!
I'll toast those mini Thomas bagels from the supermarket, because they need to be toasted to taste decent. But I love the taste and consistency of a fresh bagel, and toasting it changes that.

I don't think they're particularly fashionable...
Not everyone cares about fashion and backpacks come in a wide variety of styles, colors, materials, etc.

(sorry but that mice one would freak me out)
They're rats.

What's wrong with purses? It seems less women are carrying them these days, especially the kind that strap over your shoulder.
I find them impractical and uncomfortable, especially with the kind/amount of things I carry.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
lol.
Yeah, I can buy the taste and texture thing with bagels. IF I toast them (seriously), it would be very light.

I'll toast those mini Thomas bagels from the supermarket, because they need to be toasted to taste decent. But I love the taste and consistency of a fresh bagel, and toasting it changes that.
Okay. But why does it matter if other people toast bagels that they're going to eat?

Not everyone cares about fashion and backpacks come in a wide variety of styles, colors, materials, etc.
True, but would you wear a fanny pack then? They have the same purpose except for smaller items.

Like I said, they weren't too commonplace when I was growing up. So I always thought of them on the same level as fanny packs. It seems backpack wearing, at least for those out of school, has only become more apparent in the past decade or so. I guess people mostly use it for their laptops and tablets now. I can't think of what else you'd put in it every day. When I go out, all I take is a thin wallet, a comb, and my car keys...all of which fit in my pockets.

Okay. But why does it matter if other people toast bagels that they're going to eat?
Because I can't see why they would prefer that over the taste/texture of fresh bagel. It's like when people at a restaurant get annoyed when someone orders a steak well done. My brother did that to me once. I asked for a well-done steak and he told the waiter "no, he'll have it medium". And I've been eating it that way ever since

The trick is not minding
I've never toasted a bagel. =\
Then again, I rarely toast. Certainly wouldn't be with bagels though. They're too soft to make the right clinking sound. Seems kinda pointless, if you ask me.

OMG it's so great being in an earlier timezone than Chyp! I can get these out before the guy even wakes up to have a shot at them

I might toast a shot tho.... hm.
I toast to this post.

True, but would you wear a fanny pack then? They have the same purpose except for smaller items.[/size]
Fanny packs are too small to hold my iPad so no I would not wear one. I have worn them in the past, however, and I’ve seen several other people wearing them recently.

Due to being female and due to having a medical condition that requires me to keep certain things handy, I can’t get away with just carrying a wallet, keys, and a comb.

Because I can't see why they would prefer that over the taste/texture of fresh bagel. It's like when people at a restaurant get annoyed when someone orders a steak well done. My brother did that to me once. I asked for a well-done steak and he told the waiter "no, he'll have it medium". And I've been eating it that way ever since
I like steak medium rare but as long as nobody’s cooking MY steak well done, I really couldn’t care less what other people do with steak. It doesn’t affect me and it doesn’t hurt anyone so I really don’t see the issue.

You like your bagels fresh? Fine. Eat them that way. I’ll take mine toasted with a generous helping of cream cheese.

Fanny packs are too small to hold my iPad so no I would not wear one. I have worn them in the past, however, and I’ve seen several other people wearing them recently.

Due to being female and due to having a medical condition that requires me to keep certain things handy, I can’t get away with just carrying a wallet, keys, and a comb.
Backpacks might also cause back issues, at least for kids. Kids today need more textbooks than ever (plus laptops) and some don't even have lockers. I've seen these young kids walking to school stooped over like hunchbacks.

Backpacks might also cause back issues, at least for kids. Kids today need more textbooks than ever (plus laptops) and some don't even have lockers. I've seen these young kids walking to school stooped over like hunchbacks.
Okay... but you were specifically complaining about “grownups” wearing backpacks.

Also, kids being overloaded with heavy textbooks is a problem with the schools not the bags themselves.

A backpack that isn’t overloaded is not going to give the wearer back problems.

I like steak medium rare but as long as nobody’s cooking MY steak well done, I really couldn’t care less what other people do with steak. It doesn’t affect me and it doesn’t hurt anyone so I really don’t see the issue.
I think it's part of human's innate urge to want to open someone's eyes to new experiences, or a way they think is better.

Okay... but you were specifically complaining about “grownups” wearing backpacks.
Would you have a problem had I griped about people wearing fanny packs instead? or pencil pouches?

Would you have a problem had I griped about people wearing fanny packs instead? or pencil pouches?
Yes. It doesn’t affect you. Nobody’s forcing you to wear a backpack or a fanny pack and the adults who wear these things are not harming anyone by wearing them. Not everyone can fit everything they need into their pockets like you can.

Yes. It doesn’t affect you. Nobody’s forcing you to wear a backpack or a fanny pack and the adults who wear these things are not harming anyone by wearing them. Not everyone can fit everything they need into their pockets like you can.
It doesn't harm me or anyone, yes. However, doesn't everyone get annoyed by certain fashion statements? A lot of people poke fun at fanny packs. Or socks and sandals. Or bowties in informal situations. Or when some guy buttons up his polo to the neck. Why should backpacks be exempt? I'm sure there's people displeased by the tattoo fad as well, even though it doesn't directly impact their lives.

It doesn't harm me or anyone, yes. However, doesn't everyone get annoyed by certain fashion statements? A lot of people poke fun at fanny packs. Or socks and sandals. Or bowties in informal situations. Or when some guy buttons up his polo to the neck. Why should backpacks be exempt? I'm sure there's people displeased by the tattoo fad as well, even though it doesn't directly impact their lives.
I’m not sure who “everyone” is. Also not sure what you mean by “tattoo fad.” Frankly as long as people practice good hygiene, are covered appropriately (which varies by situation) and aren’t wearing anything hateful, I really couldn’t care less about their fashion.

Someone could walk past me wearing socks with sandals, a buttoned up polo, AND a bow tie and - provided everything is clean and the person doesn’t smell bad - I’m just going to think “that looks a little funny, but you do you.”

This guy is probably crying right now if he's reading this

(shame there's no backpack sitting on the chair though )

Anyway, back to the thread..... monitored alarm systems that detect a battery issue and decide to go into a loop whereby they are calling back to base every single minute for five days, racking up a €500 phone bill without anyone at the alarm company noticing