The VelociPastor

→ in
Tools    

This week we watched what turned out to be one of the wildest B-movies we've seen to date, The VelociPastor.

I deeply, deeply enjoyed Velocipastor. Probably some of the best "intentionally bad" film making that I've ever seen. From the obvious gags (like the VFX placeholder) to more subtle things (like how the camera pans up and away from him . . . and then randomly wanders over to the left).

I think that the movie is very wise to keep a very short run time. The central premise is funny but could have gotten old very quickly, and they wisely keep things moving. Greg Cohan, who plays the lead role, hits exactly the right serious notes.

It also manages to side-step a lot of the mistakes/cliches that such parodies often have, like having intentional comic relief or the obligatory "scene in a strip club". I honestly didn't know what to expect at each turn and even if it drags a bit in the home stretch it doesn't overstay its welcome.

I deeply, deeply enjoyed Velocipastor. Probably some of the best "intentionally bad" film making that I've ever seen. From the obvious gags (like the VFX placeholder) to more subtle things (like how the camera pans up and away from him . . . and then randomly wanders over to the left).

I think that the movie is very wise to keep a very short run time. The central premise is funny but could have gotten old very quickly, and they wisely keep things moving. Greg Cohan, who plays the lead role, hits exactly the right serious notes.

It also manages to side-step a lot of the mistakes/cliches that such parodies often have, like having intentional comic relief or the obligatory "scene in a strip club". I honestly didn't know what to expect at each turn and even if it drags a bit in the home stretch it doesn't overstay its welcome.
Agreed, the film was deceptively clever and had a lot of little hidden things and nods. Very fun. Really hoping that they go for a sequel, just to see if they can keep the premise interesting.

Agreed, the film was deceptively clever and had a lot of little hidden things and nods. Very fun. Really hoping that they go for a sequel, just to see if they can keep the premise interesting.
I'm torn on the idea of a sequel. I enjoyed the original, but could they produce 90 more minutes of it and still have it work?

I'm torn on the idea of a sequel. I enjoyed the original, but could they produce 90 more minutes of it and still have it work?
Maybe if they continue from where they left off. Now he's on the road killing bad guys, who know they may up the ante a bit.

Looks like a sequel is in the works.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ve...ting-a-sequel/

Maybe if they continue from where they left off. Now he's on the road killing bad guys, who know they may up the ante a bit.

Looks like a sequel is in the works.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ve...ting-a-sequel/
I still think that the original is kind of a lightning in a bottle situation. I would love to be proved wrong, though. But if it's the same team making it (direction and acting-wise) I'll certainly give it a chance.

Where can we watch this at? My son is interested in giving it a try!

Finally watched it last night and thought it was hilarious! We knew we were going to enjoy it when we "saw" the exploding car scene 😂

Where can we watch this at? My son is interested in giving it a try!
Its on Amazon Prime and I think Tubi Tv [Free]