Coronavirus

Tools    

Pretty big jump in deaths yesterday. Hopefully just a blip, but man. Sure seems like this thing is still going strong. Crazy times.

Glad to see you're still okay, PW.
Yeah, all is good. Basically went from criminal drug traffic over lord to supreme essential work force overnight a few months back and am now busier than I want to be. I got into this business to watch the grass grow and to smoke it too of course. Busy, busy busy. We hope to get our own place soon and if that works out that will ease the pressure a lot. Our overhead is pretty high for the actual footage we're using. But we had to get our foot in the door somehow.

You ready? You look ready.
Does anyone else have any cool face masks? I'm just using Marvel themed neckgaiters. I see no reason to be boring with it
Nah, nothing fancy here. But I don't have to wear mine too often so I don't mind being a little boring.
You should get you a star wars themed mask or something. Since you like Yoda
I ordered these today in anticipation of having to wear face masks this fall when students return. I'm still just using neck gaiters otherwise.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

*sigh* New Caledonia only recently regained their place on the green list but sadly have declared another new case and so have to (hopefully temporarily) depart said list

Green list:
Faeroe Islands - 187 cases, all recovered
French Polynesia - 60 cases, all recovered
Macao - 45 cases, all recovered
Eritrea - 39 cases, all recovered
Timor-Leste - 24 cases, all recovered
Laos - 19 cases, all recovered
Fiji - 18 cases, all recovered
Saint Kitts & Nevis - 15 cases, all recovered
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered
Greenland - 13 cases, all recovered
Vatican City - 12 cases, all recovered
Seychelles - 11 cases, all recovered
Papua New Guinea - 8 cases, all recovered
Caribbean Netherlands - 7 cases, all recovered
Saint Barthélemy - 6 cases, all recovered
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered
Saint Pierre Miquelon - 1 case, recovered

Grey list:
New Zealand
Isle Of Man
Montenegro
Trinidad And Tobago
Aruba
Turks And Caicos
Montserrat
British Virgin Islands

I ordered these today in anticipation of having to wear face masks this fall when students return. I'm still just using neck gaiters otherwise
My only problem with cloth masks is I wonder if people really do wash them frequently? I have never seen my husband wash his mask(s).

No wearing of masks for me yet but have bought some in case the supermarkets, I doubt it, suddenly say you can't come in without a mask. So those are in a drawer if a time comes.

It's mandatory from next week here to wear a mask on all public transport but I have no idea why they didn't do this earlier as buses have been running throughout the whole of lockdown...

Anyway, have not used public transport since this whole virus started and will not be using it any time soon as I don't like the risk even with a mask on.

So for now until you can have family and friends in your house my world revolves around my house, the supermarket down the road and my local area where there are plenty of green places to walk/parks and so on. That's more than a lot of people have right now unless you are breaking the rules...

Hope all are well.

Guadeloupe have sadly lost 14 lives to this virus but have today reached the point of zero active cases which puts them onto the Grey list.

Also sadly I missed Eritrea declare two new cases a couple of days ago so they've (hopefully only temporarily) gone from the Green list

Green list:

Grey list:
New Zealand (1504 cases, 22 deaths)
Isle Of Man (336 cases, 24 deaths)
Montenegro (324 cases, 9 deaths)
Guadeloupe (171 cases, 14 deaths)
Trinidad And Tobago (117 cases, 8 deaths)
Aruba (101 cases, 3 deaths)
Turks And Caicos (12 cases, 1 death)
Montserrat (11 cases, 1 death)
British Virgin Islands (8 cases, 1 death)

My only problem with cloth masks is I wonder if people really do wash them frequently? I have never seen my husband wash his mask(s).
I wash mine and let them air dry. They come out like new.

This news story from yesterday is an important read..

Best way to reduce coronavirus transmission is by wearing a face mask, study finds

Just yesterday while I was in line at a store, some girl also in line without a face mask, sneezed..and she didn't cover her sneeze either

I had a cashier sneeze at my grocery bag while her mask was around her chin when she was handing me my groceries. INFURIATING. No apology or anything, just have a nice day

I had a cashier sneeze at my grocery bag while her mask was around her chin when she was handing me my groceries. INFURIATING. No apology or anything, just have a nice day
Oh crap that sucks! Sorry that happened to you.

Restaurants were allowed to have outdoor seating this week in Ma. The go to place for Chinese went one step further adding a drive-in theater type experience.

Western Sahara very sadly lost one of their infected so can't rejoin the green list but have been declared as having zero active cases so do join the grey list.
Green list:

Grey list:
New Zealand (1504 cases, 22 deaths)
Isle Of Man (336 cases, 24 deaths)
Guadeloupe (171 cases, 14 deaths)
Aruba (101 cases, 3 deaths)
Turks And Caicos (12 cases, 1 death)
Montserrat (11 cases, 1 death)
Western Sahara (9 cases, 1 death)
British Virgin Islands (8 cases, 1 death)
Edit: 1 new case declared in Trinidad & Tobago so sadly had to remove them from the grey list for now
Edit2: 1 new case also declared in Montenegro so sadly have also removed them from the grey list for the time being

You ready? You look ready.
2020 and CORONA in a nutshell: idiots telling idiocy things to idiots and taxpayers forking over billions to corporations.

God bless America!

Horrible. You could have spoken to the manager.

Horrible. You could have spoken to the manager.

Yeah, i could have but they are young and having to deal with corona full time. Plus speaking to the manager isn't my style

I wash mine and let them air dry. They come out like new.

Kinda same. I use three masks at the same time - one over the other.

After returning home, I dip them in Dettol water for 15 or so mins, then wash them and then dry them.