Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

WWII Double Feature tonight.

Something old and revisiting:

Something new that never have:

GODZILLA KING OF MONSTERS

Recalibrated my home theater and got a new elevation bed to watch my movies in. So I thought this night needed some big action to celebrate. Also heard that the Atmos track should be awesome. So let’s see...

Bruce Lee doc on ESPN in 10 minutes. I know next to nothing about Lee so I'll be interested. Obviously I know who he is but not much else. Looking forward to learning. Figured it's worth posting in here because he was in the Hollywood world.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Tonight, it's The Fog, an early classic by auteur John Carpenter, who wrote the script, directed, did a cameo and composed the minimalist musical sound track, mainly piano chords, fog horns and background radios. It's graced with two scream queens, Jamie Lee Curtis and Adrian Barbeaux, as well as a spooky lighthouse, a small Northern California town and a ghostly crew of vengeful sailors. This terrific movie was remade in 2005 (why??), but the one to see is the original. The action in the movie all seems to be choreographed into the music and sound effects.

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage