Rioting in the U.S.

Tools    

I don't want anyone to misread this as a defense of the cops, but at one point in the video I thought Officer Thao was being a wise acre when he said something to the guy filming; along the lines of "this is what drugs do to you."

Now, autopsy reports say George Floyd had both Fentanyl and Methamphetamine in his system.

What I thought was just a prejudiced jerk response from Thao with no other reason then to get the crowd off his back, may have actually been an informed statement based on his being able to recognize the symptoms or side-effects of drug use / abuse.

Or, it could still have been just a prejudiced jerk response to try to get the crowd off his back (figuratively, that is).

I've been reading some contradictory information but it seems that this murder 2 charge comes with the caveat that no intent was necessary, but it would have to be the result of a felony assault committed. This makes some sense and it would actually be easier to convict than murder 3.

From your point of view and many other white people, white privilege does not exist. I think it does. I've never been pulled over because of the colour of my skin, had people follow me in stores, hold onto their purse tighter, etc. This is the world we live in, Cricket would say that's not privilege its black under privilege. To me that's him agreeing with my statements but not wanting to admit it and finding different phrases.
I meant to get back to this earlier. If white people were allowed to walk into 7-11 and take stuff without paying then I'd agree with you. The things you are listing are not privileges. They're just not and nobody explains how they are. White people are generally treated fairly, not better than they should be. We need to get people in the black community up to that same level of fairness. When they get there, they won't suddenly become privileged; they'll just be where they should be. You need to tell me a benefit that white people have that they shouldn't have, because if they should have it, it's called fairness-not privilege.

The other part of it that just boggles my mind is the type of people who use the term. It's generally people who profess fairness and equality. Judging and generalizing people by skin color means everything in this conversation, yet they think it's perfectly ok to do it when it suits their agenda, which according to the agenda of not judging people by skin color, it doesn't. It's the ultimate in hypocrisy and it accomplishes nothing. It continues the same behavioral pattern by redirecting it, instead of eliminating it.

The part that I find most odd is that in the big picture we agree, yet we disagree with smaller details within that big picture. I get amused by it because I don't know what to make of it.

More disgustingness^^. My initial reaction is that the guy who pushed him should be arrested, but I'm not sure what you do when citizens interfere with police. There has to be a better way. That being said, if a violent act is egregious enough to warrant suspension, I don't see how it doesn't warrant arrest.

Assault and Battery on a police officer is a more serious charge than assault and battery, and in Massachusetts it carries a minimum jail sentence of 90 days. Why isn't assault and battery by a police officer a thing?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I stumbled on this on another forum. She pretty much sums my general opinion on these matters.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/...atch_permalink
The girl in the video is full of shiitake mushrooms. She's hateful and indifferent to the murder of George Floyd and she doesn't care that his family is suffering.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
More disgustingness^^. My initial reaction is that the guy who pushed him should be arrested, but I'm not sure what you do when citizens interfere with police. There has to be a better way. That being said, if a violent act is egregious enough to warrant suspension, I don't see how it doesn't warrant arrest.

The old man is returning a riot helmet that was on the floor to the officers...

The pool of blood, the arresting of people right there and trying to stop the video instead of helping. Initial statements from police say he tripped.

Disgrace.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Idiot thugs unable to act in a dynamic manner when someone trying to help them, the way that poor man was lying didn't look good at all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-ground.html

The two Officers who shoved him have been suspended, the man is in critical condition.

The entire response team of officers have resigned in protest that their 2 colleagues have been suspended, but it's not clear if they've resigned from their jobs or just from being on that response team.

Buffalo Police initially released a statement saying "a person was injured when he tripped and fell", no he was shouted at and shoved while trying to help you, when there wasn't even any kind of disturbance going on close by(as in chaos of a riot right in front of them) requiring those kind of aggressive actions. US police slow to understand we live in the age of the handheld camera yet again.

⬆️ I’m amazed they didn’t kill that elderly man. The way the cop pushed him over & then nonchalantly walked on is staggering. I just hope the poor old fellow recovers from this. If he had any sense he wouldn’t have confronted the cops.

⬆️ I’m amazed they didn’t kill that elderly man. The way the cop pushed him over & then nonchalantly walked on is staggering. I just hope the poor old fellow recovers from this. If he had any sense he wouldn’t have confronted the cops.
*Tried to return a lost Police helmet.

Let the night air cool you off
I expect more police to follow the resigning officers. It’s already hard to be a police officer and now you are taking an even bigger risk when you know your people don’t have your back when you feel like your safety is being threatened so you act on it. Right or wrong, it seems like being a police officer isn’t worth it anymore. I don’t want to attribute malice to what I could first attribute to incompetence, but incompetent/malicious officer and a hostile political environment are going to give us the police reform we claim we want. I don’t know that it will be better however. If it does get better, I expect it to get worse first.

I expect more police to follow the resigning officers. It’s already hard to be a police officer and now you are taking an even bigger risk when you know your people don’t have your back when you feel like your safety is being threatened so you act on it. Right or wrong, it seems like being a police officer isn’t worth it anymore. I don’t want to attribute malice to what I could first attribute to incompetence, but incompetent/malicious officer and a hostile political environment are going to give us the police reform we claim we want. I don’t know that it will be better however. If it does get better, I expect it to get worse first.
I considered becoming a cop when I was younger, but then I kept thinking if I did (based on my commitment to honesty, integrity and desire for justice) I'd end up being like Serpico.

I considered becoming a cop when I was younger, but then I kept thinking if I did (based on my commitment to honesty, integrity and desire for justice) I'd end up being like Serpico.
That is the reality I read about more and more, that many officers do become Serpico, obviously them coming to harm is highly unlikely but forced/bullied out, shunned, is a common theme for those who won't play bad cop and want to be decent in rotten departments.

People do have the Police's back when their safety is threatened.

People don't have the Police's back when they're choking handcuffed people to death or seriously harming old age citizens who are trying to help them.

Its been a long time coming that Police in the US were humbled and turned into a proper professional service in line with a supposed first World country.