Law and Order

Tools    

Which is the best era from the Law & Order: SVU? Why?

1) Stabler era
2) Amaro era
3) "Current" era: Carisi/ Kat Tamin

I'm torn between the frst two; I'd choose 2 because Amaro's character was more developed, at times you loved him, at times you hated him. he had a lot going on in his private life.

What I don't like about Carisi is he looks and acts like a robot, speaks fast, zero empathy.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

1) Stabler era
2) Amaro era

I'm torn between the frst two; I'd choose 2 because Amaro's character was more developed, at times you loved him, at times you hated him. he had a lot going on in his private life.

What I don't like about Carisi is he looks and acts like a robot, speaks fast, zero empathy.

IMO, the best era is the Stabler era because Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson had great chemistry together.

What's the word/ phrase prosecutors use when they demand the suspect stay detained without bail? Rafael Barba sully utters something I can't quite make out. Like "pre-em" or something...

I gotta admit Carisi has grown on me. As a detective, at least.

Unholiest Alliance and that other episode where SVU (around the time Amaro's personal life started to crumble down) are in the middle of a war between two prostituion rings were really good. They showed conspiracies at the highest levels of power.

Heartfelt Passages (17.32)

One of the most moving episodes in this show for sure.

WARNING: spoilers below
Dodd passing away was really sad. He seemd a good guy. It's a shame he had to go; same with Amaro's departure.

SVU is one of my favourite shows. I liked the parent show well enough and also really liked Criminal Minds at one point, but SVU just wins out for me because it's so compelling and handles the subject matter so well.

What are some of the most shocking or disturbing episodes from Law & Order: SVU that you've ever seen?
Townhouse Incident really got to me, it was so violent and the fact that one of the intruders took the teen hostage off to rape her in another room while Olivia was forced to listen was horrifying.

Anything with William Lewis is just too much for me to watch. I found him incredibly disturbing.

Behave was incredibly disturbing, what with the rapist who stalked his poor victims across country to repeatedly attack them. Yikes.

1) Stabler era
2) Amaro era
Probably Amaro era although I do enjoy the Stabler era too.

I enjoy all of the Law & Orders... I find the actors amazing

Sam Waterstone
Chris Noth
Jerry Orbach
Benjamin Brat

Jesse L Martin
Angie Harmon
S Epatha Merkerson
Christopher Melonie
Mariska Hargitay
(I have even searched out some of her father''s films)
IceT
BD Wong
Peter Scanavino
Courtney B Vance

and my favorite

Vincent D'ONofrio

Have you recognized in an episode a true case it was inspired on? If so, which one(s)?

The one that springs to mind now is Real Fake News (season 18, episode 17); it originally aired in 2017. I noticed it was somehow based on Pizzagate.

I forget which it was, but there was one that was clearly based on Michael Jackson.

I think there's probably dozens and dozens of examples throughout the show's history.

there was one that was clearly based on Michael Jackson.
Do you recall if it was in Stabler's or Amaro's era?

There was this other episode where Amaro and Benson were after a TV producer accused of molesting one of his step-daughters. both ended up escaping to France. I believe it was slightly based on Roman Polanski's case?

I've noticed that the detectives use the word "bus" when they refer to an ambulance. "I need a bus here ASAP!"

I'd like to see a crossover between SVU and FBI one day. Both take place in NYC.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
The show is kind of good, kind of not for me. I like a lot of the episodes as individual cases, and the villains are the real stars. The protagonists though, remain the same characters though, and do not go through any arcs, so it feels much more like a plot driven show, rather than character driven, but maybe that's good?

End Game (Se 20, ep 24):

WARNING: """ spoilers below
I wasn't a fan of what Stone and company did to win the case against Rob Miller. It was not fair play. You may say stone paid the price and left (which seems too rushed up). Also, I never got the impression Stone and Steiner were friends either.

Do you recall if it was in Stabler's or Amaro's era?
It was during the Stabler area...instead of a pop star, the guy was the host of a children's television show who would invite kids to stay at his house...the episode was clearly patterned after Michael Jackson.

What things do you miss from the older seasons of Law & Order: SVU? I'm not talking about characters but themes or dynamics.