Things that annoy you...

Tools    

FINALLY dawned on me that what I needed was a new charger not a new battery. Was able to find the same charger on eBay & my phone has sprung back to life today. Quite the saga.
Something strange has happened with my $12 fliptop phone. Supposed to add at least $80 per year. I usually add $20 per quarter. BUT, since I have a new charger it will not let me go online & add more money. I get a little message saying something like we do not recognize this account. BUT, the phone keeps going. So does this mean I pay nothing for the foreseeable future? When the phone went dead before I had my new charger, there was about $20 still in the phone, but that was ages ago now.

Everything wouldn’t seem so bad if it weren’t so cold & windy in Connecticut. This month SUCKED.

Having lots of time off and nothing to do with it.

I'm in an "essential" field so I've been working during quarantine, but my boss has decided to close Saturday for Memorial Day weekend. I have Fridays off, we're always closed on Sundays, and we'll be closed next Monday so I'll have four days off but thanks to Covid there's really nothing to do. Also it's supposed to be in 90s this weekend and possibly 100 degrees by next Tuesday. Boo. I'd almost rather be working.

Archbishop in Connecticut said we would recommence Sunday mass this coming Sunday. But that plan has now been put on indefinite hold. Weekly masses, however, recommence next Monday (far fewer people) so that’s something. We haven’t had a Sunday mass since March 15. @Mesmerized, is your church open for Sunday mass yet?

Don’t think local DNKN will put tables & chairs on their frontage any time soon even though it is now allowed. They told me the seating always attracts crazies, moochers, et al. & now there is the possibility that these people may spread disease. They feel it’s too risky.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
We haven’t had a Sunday mass since March 15. @Mesmerized, is your church open for Sunday mass yet?
Yes, just this past weekend. Everyone is required to wear a mask and seating is limited to every third pew. The sign of peace is suspended, no hymnals or holy water. Confession is suspended at the parish I normally go to, but another parish is having confession outside. The Blessed Sacrament is distributed after Mass. People receive (lowering their mask momentarily) and then leave the building. The Adoration chapel is still closed.

⬆️ Thanks. They sound like very good measures. Was very surprised that Archbishop changed the plans. I am hopeful that we will be able to attend rosary prayer at 7 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. One would imagine so as there will be a 7.30 a.m. mass. But it wasn’t mentioned in the bulletin so will have to check on this next week. I would love to at least return to this.

⬆️ Thanks. They sound like very good measures. Was very surprised that Archbishop changed the plans. I am hopeful that we will be able to attend rosary prayer at 7 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. One would imagine so as there will be a 7.30 a.m. mass. But it wasn’t mentioned in the bulletin so will have to check on this next week. I would love to at least return to this.
My church usually has the Rosary every Saturday at 5pm, right before the vigil Mass. They didn't have it this past Saturday. I miss that.

My church usually has the Rosary every Saturday at 5pm, right before the vigil Mass. They didn't have it this past Saturday. I miss that.
Our rosary prayer is at 7 a.m. Wednesday & Saturday mornings before the 7.30 a.m. mass. I am hoping that since weekday masses recommence on Monday that rosary prayer will also return.

"Bloody Catholics!"(I love youse guys!)
@Mesmerized, this is why the thread you suggested wouldn’t work here.

@Mesmerized, this is why the thread you suggested wouldn’t work here.
I support you starting any kind of thread you want.
Surely you recognize the quote from Monty Python's Meaning of Life by now?

I know you do.

Actually, I hate Monty Python, but the quote I guess is amusing.

It's amusing within the context it's used - which is comedy / satire (otherwise it could be taken as being nasty, prejudiced and discriminatory).

Note that the skit is equally lampooning the man who is passing judgement on Catholics.

It's amusing within the context it's used - which is comedy / satire (otherwise it could be taken as being nasty, prejudiced and discriminatory).
I love this kind of humor. Veep on HBO had that kind of humor. Almost crossed a line many times, but so hilarious. (Some ghastly abortion jokes in the final season, which, I must admit, were very funny.)

I love this kind of humor. Veep on HBO had that kind of humor. Almost crossed a line many times, but so hilarious. (Some ghastly abortion jokes in the final season, which, I must admit, were very funny.)
There's nothing funny about abortion.

There's nothing funny about abortion.
I’m pro choice. I don’t participate in any of the anti-abortion business. Not gonna tell another woman what’s best for her. And, yes, there’s black humor in everything, distasteful as it may be to some.

@Stirchley

Do you watch The World Over? They had a good program yesterday.
Never heard of it.

We just got a YouTube email from diocese. Only weekday masses as I mentioned & one must apply for 1 of 100 tickets to attend. I think the way you guys give the sacrament as your parishioners leave the church is a great idea. CT is not doing it this way. We have to wear a mask & bring in hand sanitizer. It’s quite the palaver.

I’m pro choice. I don’t participate in any of the anti-abortion business. Not gonna tell another woman what’s best for her.
You're in a minority. The Catholic Church is a Pro Life organization. Didn't you know that?

⬆️ Being in a minority causes me no concern. I’m Catholic & pro choice, I support gay marriage, birth control, women in the priesthood, divorce, IVF, etc.

Live & let live is my credo & I try not to veer from this.