How and why does Burke Dennings die in the Exorcist

Tools    

I always had this question about the movie. This happens off screen and yet they don't provide proper information to connect the dots. I am talking about the death of the director of Ellen Burstyn's movie in the exorcist. He is drunk in the house party and I am not sure how he ends up in the upstairs room and how he gets killed. Is it just a random series of events that puts him in the room and the girl kills him or does he go by his own will to do something to the girl in a creepy way and she kills him ? how does he get into the room and stay alone with the girl ? does he not know that she is creepy as she peed a while ago in public ? Feels like a weird creepy substory was taken out of the movie for no apparent reason..why would the director take out the first real incident of actual mortal injury caused by the girl in the movie ? doesn't make sense..does any know ?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
It starts with Sharon watching over Regan, and then the visit by Burke. Sharon has Burke watch over Regan while she goes out to get medicine for Regan and it was during this moment where Regan, possessed by Pazuzu, breaks Burke's neck by twisting his head completely around and then throws him out the window. That pretty much covers it.

It starts with Sharon watching over Regan, and then the visit by Burke. Sharon has Burke watch over Regan while she goes out to get medicine for Regan and it was during this moment where Regan, possessed by Pazuzu, breaks Burke's neck by twisting his head completely around and throws him out the window. That pretty much covers it.
why doesnt regan kill sharon ? why does she wait for burke to come and then kill him ? what about burke makes it kill him ?

Also, it's unlikely that Burke would know about Regan peeing on the floor since he wasn't present. He left the party early after finding an alien pubic hair in his drink.

why doesnt regan kill sharon ? why does she wait for burke to come and then kill him ? what about burke makes it kill him ?
I dont know. It's not explained why Pazuzu chose Burke. And I would also wonder why it didn't kill Chris, nor the doctors when they came to visit Regan.

I dont know. It's not explained why Pazuzu chose Burke. And I would also wonder why it didn't kill Chris, nor the doctors when they came to visit Regan.
possessed Regan had lot of chances to kill people if all she wanted to do was to kill people..there seems to be something specific about Dennings that made pazuzu kill him. I am guessing the novel might provide some insight.

possessed Regan had lot of chances to kill people if all she wanted to do was to kill people..there seems to be something specific about Dennings that made pazuzu kill him. I am guessing the novel might provide some insight.
The novel might, I don't remember. I read the book and watched the movie with the director's commentary and I dont recall anything specific about why Pazuzu chose Burke. I guess it was just his time to die.