What do you think is the best planet in movies?

Tools    

I love Pandora and Tatooine

Jeez. I was thinking of Pandora, except for all of those scary animals, requiring big guns and strong fences. Then I thought of the much quieter Altair 4, which was pretty safe until Monsters From the Id started coming. Jupiter has nothing to support life, Venus is too hot, Mars is a cold dead rock and Mercury is a hot dead rock. I guess, until somebody comes up with a better choice in some Goldilocks Zone other than Pandora, it's Earth for me.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The best planet wasn't in the movies. It was in the TV show "Star Trek", in the episode "Shore Leave". The Amusement Park Planet that can read your thoughts and make them come true.

The best planet wasn't in the movies. It was in the TV show "Star Trek", in the episode "Shore Leave". The Amusement Park Planet that can read your thoughts and make them come true.
Yeah, we gotta build one of those for those days when I'm sick and tired of Puritans and Morality Police.

Yeah I'd have some fun on that planet...
The gangster planet in Star Trek looked pretty fun as well.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
maybe Unicron. cuz he can eat all your other cool planets up.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The planet also has one hell of a hospital that can bring people back to life.

I'm partial to Altair, the name of the distant planet in the movie Forbidden Planet (1956). Ever heard of "Robby the Robot"? The film was the first to feature an entire story taking place on a far away planet.

The Earth

I'm partial to Altair, the name of the distant planet in the movie Forbidden Planet (1956). Ever heard of "Robby the Robot"? The film was the first to feature an entire story taking place on a far away planet.
I thought Altair 4 was an interesting concept with the idea that the entire planet was a big, semi-sentient mechanism, developed to support a vanished race, the Krell, with massive energy sources in its core. It could read and materialize their desires, but, unfortunately wasn't quite good enough to separate their "legitimate" desires from their violent base impulses. They Krell had the same psychic weakness that humans have and created Monsters From the Id that destroyed them. That was a pretty darn weighty concept, considering the usual fluff of 1950's sci-fi movies.

It was also the first movie to feature a musical soundtrack consisting entirely of electronic sounds. I love the way the sounds meld into the background noises that you imagine on the planet and the scenes of the interior of the energy source are truly amazing for the animation of that time, and, if I didn't say enough already, I love how the "monster" is invisible until the ray-gun bolts illuminate its outline. It looks like a somewhat earthly creature, but that's consistent with the plot turn where humans create their own monster from their own imagination. Great script.