Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”

A film made for cinema in times of streaming - The blu-ray version of this film is marvellous. The audio alone deserves 5.

Some scenes didnt'd aged well. Others are still a great achievement in the history of cinema. Personally I dislike most of the actors in this film (specially Tom Hanks and Matt Damon) but they menaged to not be as annoying as in later films.

Brazilian fiction with some real elements. As a brazilian myself, I can tell you that this film is bull**** in the majority of his elements, but the "real" elements, are the great aspect of it.

⬆️ I hated Dunkirk & SPR is one of my all-time favorite movies.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988) - 5.8/10. Probably the definition of 80s cheese. Credit where credit is due... This is first movie I saw where they directly go to cops rather than the lame idea of "who is going to believe us". And also the dud concept of "Let's split up". I liked the clowns too. But it's just about okay overall. Nothing great!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Shoes - 7.5/10
I finally watched a movie, and I finally finished a silent movie after a few attempts at other ones. I didn't know this one was only an hour long. My DVR had it at 2 hours, and the "Movie Info" had it at 101 minutes. It was just on TCM, so it might be available On-Demand. Has anyone seen this? If so, what did you think?

I liked that the movie centered around the young woman. She's in every scene, and even when there isn't much happening, she's reflecting on a life that could be. I guess I always have loved movies centered around poverty and struggle.

The Return (2003)

A recent re-watch of a breathtaking Russian film. I tend to think that "Father" had a troublesome upbringing and that's why he's let back into the boys lives at this stage. I don't know, what I do is that as a straight-forward film this is excellent. As an allegory it works even better. A truly touching film.

[quote=Gideon58;2094216]
Liked this film a lot Gideon, quite simple but effective.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1988) - 5.8/10. Probably the definition of 80s cheese. Credit where credit is due... This is first movie I saw where they directly go to cops rather than the lame idea of "who is going to believe us". And also the dud concept of "Let's split up". I liked the clowns too. But it's just about okay overall. Nothing great!
Must post my review for Dr Alien soon Hell Storm....sounds like both were philosophical works

My Chauffeur
(1986)
2.5/5
By today's standards, this film is degrading. There are many times the older chauffeurs say sexist things to her or about her.

THE LORDS OF FLATBUSH
(1974)

First viewing. Underrated cult classic.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Last film I saw was The Gentlemen , 10/10 for me

AKA Jane Roe (2020)

I really enjoyed this...from shocking to humorous...it's almost Tiger King-like. It probably won't push you in one way or another on the issue of abortion, but it does shed light on the ridiculous measures that people will take to impact society. Abortion remains a VERY gray area for me.

Imitation of Life - 7/10
Kind of a waste of time, because I saw the re-make first (1959 version). Still decent. Good start, but then goes downhill a bit.

Knuckle - 7.5/10
I've always been fascinated with gypsies, and this documentary covers the feud between the Irish Traveler families. It would have been wise to keep names on the screen, since there are so many. It was a little confusing to differentiate who did what.

The Wretched (2019)

Technically solid low budget horror. Sadly the story makes little sense and isn't even that original (a bit like Salem's Lot and The Outsider mixed together so it's a safe bet that these brothers like their King; there's also some resemblance to The Hole in the Ground which I found a tad better than this). There's really nothing that stands out in either a positive or negative way, and the end result is bland mediocrity.