Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

⬆️ Wow, one of the classics of American cinema. No accounting for taste.

⬆️ The odd thing is the rating was a hypothetical based on IF he finished the movie.

Oh boy, got some fiery feedback! I went ahead and finished it during the background of my work today, and the rating holds. It's a fine movie, but not one I'll ever revisit.

It certainly has a more meaningful message than Joker, and I think I may have rated Taxi Driver higher if I had seen it before Joker. Since that's not the case, the comparisons in my head kinda flow in the opposite direction....good to see Deniro and Jodie Foster so young though haha

Christopher Robin (2018).
I admit, I have never been a fan of Winnie the Pooh. This film takes the prize as the worst of anything Winnie the Pooh I have (tried) to watch over the years. I managed a total of 23 minutes before i realised that watching dough leavening was far more intertaining.

This could have been a very good movie about real life Native Americans on the “res” in South Dakota. BUT, no subtitles. Impossible to understand what anyone was saying or their relationship to each other. If I were the director, I would have fought tooth & nail for subtitles.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I got your back, Chawhee!
I won't say that I couldn't finish it, but I will say that I've not been able to finish it ...yet. If I remember correctly, the soundtrack was very distracting for me. I do not think I made it very far either.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Agreed with the above post. Never rate a movie you didn't finish. It's cool to say you shut it off, but you can't honestly rate it unless you've seen it.

I agree, Citizen, I would never think of reviewing or rating a film unless I watched the entire movie.

Oh boy, got some fiery feedback! I went ahead and finished it during the background of my work today, and the rating holds. It's a fine movie, but not one I'll ever revisit.

It certainly has a more meaningful message than Joker, and I think I may have rated Taxi Driver higher if I had seen it before Joker. Since that's not the case, the comparisons in my head kinda flow in the opposite direction....good to see Deniro and Jodie Foster so young though haha
Now you have to watch King Of Comedy (1982) or at least the first 3/4, since it's another Scorsese movie starring DeNiro (in a very different role) and since that movie has also been compared to Joker (2019).

I still haven't seen Joker, but based on descriptions it sounds like (if I may borrow a meme from The Player): Taxi Driver meets King of Comedy.

Yes, I've been waiting for King of Comedy to hit Netflix, Prime, etc as well. Then I'll really be able to defend my lowly Joker opinions haha

I think I started watching ‘High Life’ and ‘Her Smell’ at least twice each. I was bored, but had every intention of seeing both to the end. I imagine life interfered the first time, the second time I realised I was scrolling my newsfeed. Moss is great, but I rarely appreciate films that exist solely to depict someone’s descent into chaos. ‘High Life’ just felt like another sci-fi ‘with a message’, and man, am I fed up with those. Nor could I see any element of horror. I still feel bad and hope to give them another try....

Never heard A Clockwork Orange described as “boring” before. But, à chacun son goût.

Mad Max (1979)

I loved Fury Road so decided to go back and watch the original but got about 30 minutes in then had to turn it off. I mean WTF kind of film is this? There's no introduction or setting whatsoever, just a bunch of freaks chasing each other around in cars screaming like morons and a baby-faced Mel Gibson trying to look cool. Is it supposed to be set in a post-apocalyptic future or the 1970s? It didn't feel like either and it didn't say. Zero characterization and budget so small it makes Blair Witch Project seem like Avatar. Painful to watch.

Mad Max (1979)

I loved Fury Road so decided to go back and watch the original but got about 30 minutes in then had to turn it off. I mean WTF kind of film is this? There's no introduction or setting whatsoever, just a bunch of freaks chasing each other around in cars screaming like morons and a baby-faced Mel Gibson trying to look cool. Is it supposed to be set in a post-apocalyptic future or the 1970s? It didn't feel like either and it didn't say. Zero characterization and budget so small it makes Blair Witch Project seem like Avatar. Painful to watch.
I've always assumed that Mad Max happens somewhere between the (then) present and post-apocalypse (what I mean is the apocalyptic events are still recent enough that the whole society hasn't crumbled like in the sequels). So I'd assume it was meant to happen in the 80s (which obviously was future back then).

It's cheap and in some way amateurish but it has its charm. I'm not sure if I'd say it's good but at least it's pretty close to that (it's been quite a few years since I last saw it so it's hard to give it exact rating). I personally enjoyed it more than Fury Road which I find very overrated.