Are there any action movies where the villains win?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay thanks. I've seen The Usual Suspects as well .

Welcome to the human race...
It would probably help to determine what separates an action movie from a thriller because it seems like most of these answers end up being thrillers and, as has been noted, it's much more likely for a thriller to end with the villain winning.

Here's a possible answer...

WARNING: "John Wick Chapters 2 & 3" spoilers below
John Wick: Chapter 2 technically ends with John killing the big bad, but since the big bad is hiding out in a location where John is not allowed to kill him, the film ends with John still on the run with a contract on his head anyway so the big bad still "wins" despite being killed. Chapter 3 also makes the High Table (as represented by the Elder and the Adjudicator) into the real villains of the piece and has John barely survive his encounters with them.

Pretty much a lot of horror movies. You think you've gotten rid of that ghost or that demon and as the camera zooms in at the very end, the curtain moves, or the something along those lines implying that good ol' Mr. Demon is still alive and kicking

Welcome to the human race...
It's as if the reason OP specified action movies was because of how rare the villains winning is when compared to thrillers or horrors.

Oh okay, I didn't think The Dark Knight counted, since The Joker failed to manipulate people into committing the act, he wanted them to commit. Also, his back up plan also didn't succeed either because Batman took credit for the crimes in the end, so people didn't loose hope.
The ship incident was merely an isolated event that would have you think the Joker had lost. But in the end he proved that even the best of us can be corrupted and go bad. To your second point, Batman took the blame for Harvey’s death, which symbolically went against his way of no killing.