The Batman

Tools    

I was looking forward to the Batman pic, it was predictable but I am still bummed out that it was delayed!

Johnny Depp is in talks to play the Joker

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other...ut/ar-BB14ebDa
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
I would prefer that the Joker wasn't in the movie at all - even if the idea is to have multiple villains in this story, he would easily overshadow them all (and not in a good way). Even so, I would still prefer that he was played by someone other than Depp.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
A spectacular move!

I want Depp to out-Leto, Leto. Just start smearing the $#!+ on the walls.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I don't think they should have Joker at all, because he has been used so many times now. Why not just have a trilogy movie series, of other villains without Joker in the trilogy at all?

I think for this new trilogy, The Riddler and Catwoman are a good start, but they should also have Man-bat, Batgirl, and perhaps Poison Ivy maybe as well.

I don't think they should have Joker at all, because he has been used so many times now. Why not just have a trilogy movie series, of other villains without Joker in the trilogy at all?

I think for this new trilogy, The Riddler and Catwoman are a good start, but they should also have Man-bat, Batgirl, and perhaps Poison Ivy maybe as well.
I can t see another poison ivy , there s only one actress to play this and it s Uma thurman, as for the riddler, i can t see other than jim carrey as the riddler, he was born to play that role

I agree with Iron tbh... there's a whole plethora of villains they can go for... just doing Joker again and again is getting boring.

They're going with the younger Batman, I reckon Prometheus would be a good start for villain.
He's an anti-Batman.
No special powers, only intense training and technology/suits.

David Cain. Another villain who is simply a tough human, trained in fighting techniques and works as an assassin.
Would be good to see Batman have to track and discover who he is... as in, actually do some detective work.

Dr Ebenezer Darrk.
Another guy similar to David Cain, except Darrk relies on stealth rather than physical strength.

Amygdala... who is basically what Bane was in Batman And Robin.
Huge brute, with little intelligence.

Deacon Blackfire.
A crime boss religious nut who uses the homeless like an army of looters, living in Gotham's underground tunnels.
He then becomes one of the Black Lantern Corps.

Jane Doe, a psychotic who stalks people, learns everything about them, then kills them and assumes their identity.

King Snake. Another non-powered villain, but trained in martial arts, and leader of the Kobra terrorist group.
He's also Bane's father... which, with this new movie being based on a young Batman, could be a good stepping point for a future story arc.

Oh I don't know those Batman villains but I can look them up. Haven't followed it too closely.

A little off topic, but does Batman Forever, count as a reboot? A lot of fans seem to think it's a sequel, but I always thought of it as a reboot, since the look of Gotham City is totally different, and other details here and there, unless I am wrong?

Oh okay but when everything is changed around from Batman and Batman Returns minus the two actors playing Alfred and Gordon, why isn't it a reboot?

Because they were made to capitalise on the popularity of the Burton movies.
Burton's films weren't made for kids... but like everything in the 1980s and 1990s, they were popular with kids and had toylines.
So... studios made 2 more sequels, highly marketed to children, introducing Robin and Jim Carrey who was a huge box office draw for kids... and even going so far as to turn everything neon, paint all the sets with neon paint, and have as many neon laced zany vehicles as possible for the toyline...

... but they didn't count on Keaton turning the role down of Batman because he knew what a pile of garbage they were going to be.
Hence, they had to recast.

Because they were made to capitalise on the popularity of the Burton movies.
Burton's films weren't made for kids... but like everything in the 1980s and 1990s, they were popular with kids and had toylines.
So... studios made 2 more sequels, highly marketed to children, introducing Robin and Jim Carrey who was a huge box office draw for kids... and even going so far as to turn everything neon, paint all the sets with neon paint, and have as many neon laced zany vehicles as possible for the toyline...

... but they didn't count on Keaton turning the role down of Batman because he knew what a pile of garbage they were going to be.
Hence, they had to recast.
i can t say i didn t enjoy Batman Forever, but it certainly went the camp road, something i would crucify joel shumacher for

Recasting is a necessary-but-not-sufficient aspect of rebooting. Reboots almost always recast, but not everything that's recasted is a reboot.
Oh okay, that makes sense.

i can t say i didn t enjoy Batman Forever, but it certainly went the camp road, something i would crucify joel shumacher for
Well I like Batman Forever more than Batman Returns. Sure it's campier, but the plot is more focused in my opinion, and the Dick Grayson subplot, I thought made for a stronger narrative.

It's weird how Schumacher's Batman movies are campy though, because when you look at Schumacher's filmography, his movies are more serious than most of Burtan movies, like Falling Down, 8mm, and A Time to Kill, etc..

Ho... lee... cow.

The DCEU is going multiverse.

The recasting of Pattinson as Batman... and the recasting of Commissioner Gordon and Alfred... is starting to make sense.

Pattinson isn't a younger Affleck.
He's a multiverse Batman.

And guess what..........

...... apparently Michael Keaton is set to return.......... as the original Burton version of Bruce Wayne.

The DCEU just got exciting.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Ho... lee... cow.

The DCEU is going multiverse.

The recasting of Pattinson as Batman... and the recasting of Commissioner Gordon and Alfred... is starting to make sense.

Pattinson isn't a younger Affleck.
He's a multiverse Batman.

And guess what..........

...... apparently Michael Keaton is set to return.......... as the original Burton version of Bruce Wayne.

The DCEU just got exciting.
I wannnnnnna like this, but linky? pretty mega ultra please?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I would also like to see a romance between Batman and Batgirl. A lot of people didn't like it in The Killing Joke, including me, but I think it can work, if done a lot better, or no?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Please, puh-lease. Do TDKR with Michael Keaton. That’s really the only comic movie I need before I shuffle off.

I’m talking frame for frame.

Oh okay, that makes sense.

Well I like Batman Forever more than Batman Returns. Sure it's campier, but the plot is more focused in my opinion, and the Dick Grayson subplot, I thought made for a stronger narrative.

It's weird how Schumacher's Batman movies are campy though, because when you look at Schumacher's filmography, his movies are more serious than most of Burtan movies, like Falling Down, 8mm, and A Time to Kill, etc..
It seemed like Schumacher took the criticism that Burton's Batman movies were too dark to heart... and (just my guess) it seemed like he was giving a nod back to the old TV series by bringing camp to his films, along with the neon colors, turned camera angles and virtually both villains trying to imitate Cesar Romero! Even the background music in Forever (lots of trumpet flourishes) was reminiscent of some of the background music in the TV show.