The Last Starfighter reboot

Tools    

https://screenrant.com/last-starfigh...t-art-details/

"The 1984 sci-fi cult classic The Last Starfighter is getting a reboot from Rogue One‘s Gary Whitta, and he just shared the first details. Centered around a young kid named Alex Rogan (Lance Guest), The Last Starfighter takes audiences on a wild adventure through unusual circumstances. Alex becomes a warrior after successfully beating The Last Starfighter game, which was actually just a training mechanism to find help in this war.

Whitta shared the latest developments on his reboot of The Last Starfighter today. He posted four pieces of concept art done by Rogue One artist Matt Allsopp that showcases his take on this world. Following this surprise, Whitta spoke to io9 about his vision for the reboot – that’s also a sequel. He’s collaborating with original screenwriter and creator Jonathan Betuel, and they’ve made great progress.

"Since then we’ve spent so many hours working on it I’ve long since lost count, but right now we have a fully developed story that is a combination of reboot and sequel that we both think honors the legacy of the original film while passing the torch to a new generation. We’re both very excited about it creatively.""

I might be interested in this. Although...the original holds a special place in my movie-loving heart. Alex and his trailer park family and friends were great, I hope they bring back Lance Guest and Catherine Mary Stewart to, as they've said, "pass the torch," but Robert Preston and Dan O'Herlihy (R.I.P.) will be sorely missed. The only thing I can think that could be improved by a new film would be the effects, as the computer game-level effects of the time looked a bit wonky, even though at the same time it added to the charm of the movie, IMO. So, all-in-all, I'm interested.

This might just do nobody any good.
Will this and the adaptation of (the horrible book) Armada be the 2020 equivalent of Snow White and the Huntsman vs Mirror Mirror?

do you guys know that the original is the father of all cgi films?

I thought that title belonged to TRON (1982)?
the cgi in last starfighter i guess is more worked on