Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I cant believe i am saying this, but I have now actually liked a Michael Bay movie.

I just finished watching 13 Hours and it was quite a well made flick, minus the usual annoying Michael Bay things like one hyperactive character, people screaming like animals during action scenes, stereotypes that are overplayed and way too many slow motion shots.

Being a non-American I won't get into the politics of that unfortunate event, because I don't know what unfolded back in America after this. But purely as a movie watcher, I thought this was a really good action film.

I cant believe i am saying this, but I have now actually liked a Michael Bay movie.

I just finished watching 13 Hours and it was quite a well made flick, minus the usual annoying Michael Bay things like one hyperactive character, people screaming like animals during action scenes, stereotypes that are overplayed and way too many slow motion shots.

Being a non-American I won't get into the politics of that unfortunate event, because I don't know what unfolded back in America after this. But purely as a movie watcher, I thought this was a really good action film.

I didn't like the film that much. But here's one perspective.

Thor: Ragnarok
(2017)
3.5/5

The House at the End of the Street
(2012)
3/5

I am never impressed with anything Jennifer Lawrence does.

(2012)
3/5[/center]

You didn’t like her in, say, Silver Linings or Mother ?

You didn’t like her in, say, Silver Linings or Mother ?
Never seen "Silver Linings Playbook" because I can't stand Bradley Cooper and haven't watched "Mother" all the way through yet.

The only way I can watch anything with Bradley Cooper is with him doing the voice of "Rocket Raccoon" in GOTG... I just cant stand to look at his face... I tease my sister that he looks like a Proboscis monkey

@MovieMeditation

You know I love Danish cinema and Susanne Bier is one of my favorite directors but when she directed "Serena" with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, I was so upset. I could not stand that movie. To me, both are terrible actors.

Open Hearts, After The Wedding and In A Better World are great films but yeah, not a fan of Serena. Even Bird Box was good..

I won't even watch the American remake of After the Wedding...

@MovieGal damn... that’s quite some hate you got there. Good you got it off your chest.

I wouldn’t say I love either, but I do think both have turned in at least one great performance. So yeah.

I haven’t seen Serena. Never appealed to me one bit.

I agree with you. It's a riveting film.

@MovieGal damn... that’s quite some hate you got there. Good you got it off your chest.

I wouldn’t say I love either, but I do think both have turned in at least one great performance. So yeah.

I haven’t seen Serena. Never appealed to me one bit.
There are few actors I don't watch unless I have to

Bradley Cooper - can't stand to look at him.. I only enjoy him as Rocket

Ben Affleck - please don't talk. I can't stand your voice, that's why I enjoyed "The Accountant" and "To The Wonder". You barely had any lines.

Ben Stiller - I don't find you funny, not in anything.

I'm sure there is more.

(2012)
3/5
Haven't seen this, as I'm not a horror fan. But I agree with you about Lawrence. She's very overrated, and I'm not sure how that happened..

Haven't seen this, as I'm not a horror fan. But I agree with you about Lawrence. She's very overrated, and I'm not sure how that happened..
I am a huge Xmen fan ... I mean a HUGE FAN. She's a terrible Mystique but Rebecca Romijn isn't any better.

I am a huge Xmen fan ... I mean a HUGE FAN. She's a terrible Mystique but Rebecca Romijn isn't any better.
Perhaps it was X-men: First Class, or Hunger Games that made her popular (haven't seen either), since they were such big box office. But after the earlier Winter's Bone, in which IMO she was pretty bad, it seems to me that she should have been relegated to "B" films. Wait! She was...

Pawn Sacrifice (2014)

Well made and sturdy representation of the chess genius Bobby Fischer. The tension dropped at times (as I do not play chess) but it was a fascinating insight to the mind of competitors and being driven.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Watched two Mendes films—1917 and Road to Perdition, both of which I was very excited to see because I had liked American Beauty and I love gangster/war films.

Unfortunately was disappointed by both. They were too sterile, bland, predictable—also missing the "period" part of period drama. Never did I feel immersed in the time period.

To me, 1917 is a war film for people who don't like war films and Road to Perdition is a gangster film for people who don't like gangster films. Others may disagree but that was just the feeling I got.

And this may get people riled up but Thomas Newman's score for both films set me on edge, and in the worst way possible. It is generic and kitschy, and never put me into the mood for anything that was going on in the scene. How his work got nominated for 1917 is beyond me.

The Artist - 2011

2012's best Oscar winner. I was sure it was good but hesitant to take time out to watch a silent movie. I can see why it won best picture it is a very good flick but it probably had the academy jizzing their pants some guy did a silent picture in 2011. I was personally more of a fan of Moneyball and The Help that year. I would have picked Moneyball but had next to no chance to win. The Artist is definitely not an egregious pick unlike other years.

The actors did a great job I think lead actor won best actor. For a silent movie in 2011 it's really not a bore at all. I was engaged the whole flick to see what happens. It is a nice little tribute to the silent movies right before the talkies. I feel the parallels now with Nolan and a few other directors trying to keep film and theaters alive. Feels relevant today. I knew the movie wasn't going be bad but it was better then I was expecting. I won't be racing back to watch it again but it's worth your time to check it out.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)