Jerry Lucas
Chris Mullin
Mitch Richmond
Bill Sharman
Nate Thurmond
Lenny Wilkins
Drexler is at #57
Barry is at #43 I think?

But yeah, the list is way too slanted towards the modern stars. Also, I don’t care to argue about it, but Kareem and Magic should be ranked higher then LeBron

Drexler is at #57
Barry is at #43 I think?

But yeah, the list is way too slanted towards the modern stars. Also, I don’t care to argue about it, but Kareem and Magic should be ranked higher then LeBron

I'm okay with Lebron over Kareem and Magic...it's Duncan and Shaq in the top ten that I have a real problem with. Any reason to rank Shaq George Mikan did better than him...Mikan was the most dominant player in any generation of the NBA with 7 titles in 10 seasons.

I got to think about it but I believe this is my top 25....

1. Jordan
2. Chamberlain
3. Lebron
4. Kareem
5. Bird
6. Russell
7. Mikan
8. Magic
9. Oscar
10. Kobe
11. West
12. Havlicek
13. Duncan
14. Olajuwon
15. Pettit
16. Curry
17. Erving
18. Stockton
19. K. Malone
20. Archibald
21. Shaq
22. Baylor
23. Hayes
24. M. Malone
25. Iverson

I would think about cutting the following....

Pippen
Allen
Wade
Harden
Gilmore
Mutombo
Lillard
Parker
Worthy

and Manu

The trick is not minding
I'm okay with Lebron over Kareem and Magic...it's Duncan and Shaq in the top ten that I have a real problem with. Any reason to rank Shaq George Mikan did better than him...Mikan was the most dominant player in any generation of the NBA with 7 titles in 10 seasons.

I got to think about it but I believe this is my top 25....

1. Jordan
2. Chamberlain
3. Lebron
4. Kareem
5. Bird
6. Russell
7. Mikan
8. Magic
9. Oscar
10. Kobe
11. West
12. Havlicek
13. Duncan
14. Olajuwon
15. Pettit
16. Curry
17. Erving
18. Stockton
19. K. Malone
20. Archibald
21. Shaq
22. Baylor
23. Hayes
24. M. Malone
25. Iverson

I would think about cutting the following....

Pippen
Allen
Wade
Harden
Gilmore
Mutombo
Lillard
Parker
Worthy

and Manu
Duncan is definitely top ten. Shaq no, likely top 15 though. I wouldn’t drop Pippen, Wade, Harden, Parker or Worthy.
I wasn’t introduced to Basketball until the late 80’s. The year Kareem retired in fact (1989?) So I can’t accurately judge any players from before that time.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I love the lists and hate the lists.

It so hard to compare the eras. How good would Chamberlain be playing against today's player? He was such a physical outlier, but that's not his fault.

Magic is on my top 5 list and Stocton and Malone are often overated, especially Malone. He was getting fed by Stockton for 18 years. Stockton was also a defensive liability. They are both good players, but a perfect example of regular season guys vs. playoff guys.

I'm fine with the slant towards modern guys. They train all year and take *care* of themselves better. Hell, Larry Bird was a smoker. I can't do the "if player X in today's game", then...

I do think Jordan and him being a psycho translate to any era. Just imagine if they had mobile phones and today's media when he played 🤔

I just noticed Carmello isn't on the list...and James Harden is #32 /smh Harden isn't better than Alex English, George Gervin, Carmello Anthony, or Andre Dantley.

For me you judge players based on what they did against their contemporaries. Wilt scored 100 points it's an unbreakable record, if I were putting together a team and picking a center he would be my first pick. Then you look at Shaq...I would take Hakeem and Robinson ahead of Shaq and those are just him contemporaries.

Magic is on my top 5 list and Stocton and Malone are often overated, especially Malone. He was getting fed by Stockton for 18 years. Stockton was also a defensive liability. They are both good players, but a perfect example of regular season guys vs. playoff guys.

Howso? All-time steals leader and made the All-Defensive team 5X

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All-Defensive_Team

I spent all of 5 minutes trying to find the stuff about Stockton. I'll give you the point on Stockton, because I can't cite my sources. Steals can be deceptive, because they are a defense stat, but you can have 3 steals a game and still have your guy score 30.

It's too hard to compare eras and I think about a 6'1 Stockton, not being able to hand check and put his forearm in the back of today's player. For his era, he was a good player, I just can't say all time.

Plus, he wouldn't have been on the Dream Team if Jordan didn't hate Isaiah 😄

I spent all of 5 minutes trying to find the stuff about Stockton. I'll give you the point on Stockton, because I can't cite my sources. Steals can be deceptive, because they are a defense stat, but you can have 3 steals a game and still have your guy score 30.

It's too hard to compare eras and I think about a 6'1 Stockton, not being able to hand check and put his forearm in the back of today's player. For his era, he was a good player, I just can't say all time.

Plus, he wouldn't have been on the Dream Team if Jordan didn't hate Isaiah 😄

You can talk about Stockton not having stopping ability around the rim but he's a 6'1 guard he shouldn't be by the rim. What John Stockton did was cardio based he would slow the game down or speed the game up and tire his opponents. He went 20 seasons with consistent minutes and actually his numbers were twice as good as Isiahs were in 92. Thomas aside from being hated by Pippen, Bird, Jordan, and Magic was also nearing the end of his career. The Dream Team needed a passer not a scorer.

If you want to talk about a damning stat...Shaq 20 seasons 15th all-time in rebounds. That's a defensive liability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...unding_leaders

The trick is not minding
I liked Stockton, but he was regarded As a dirty player who liked to use his elbows freely which probably helped him on defense.
Regardless, he was a fine player and deserved mention on the list.
I totally agree about Gervin and Anthony. Didn’t even notice their absence.

I liked Stockton, but he was regarded As a dirty player who liked to use his elbows freely which probably helped him on defense.
Regardless, he was a fine player and deserved mention on the list.
I totally agree about Gervin and Anthony. Didn’t even notice their absence.

Gervin made the list he was just #47 to Harden's #33

As for Stockton being dirty...that's fair it's the job of the refs to call fouls.

But if we're talking about discounting dirty play....MJ has yellow eyes which is a sign of steroid abuse.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Isiah was soooooo much better than Stockton, and lit him up so badly, Malone had to cheap-shot Thomas with 40 stitches, but Zeke came back into the game. I bet it pained MJ for him to say "Isiah is the best point guard after Magic" (he's better than Magic - who couldn't defend or shoot jumpers). He also had fellow #1 picks Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy.

The trick is not minding
Gervin made the list he was just #47 to Harden's #33

As for Stockton being dirty...that's fair it's the job of the refs to call fouls.

But if we're talking about discounting dirty play....MJ has yellow eyes which is a sign of steroid abuse.
Right, it is the refs job but doesn’t discount the fact he used them often. I’m not condemning him or anything, just puting it out.
As for Jordans eyes, that could also be a sign of jaundice.

Isiah was soooooo much better than Stockton, and lit him up so badly, Malone had to cheap-shot Thomas with 40 stitches, but Zeke came back into the game. I bet it pained MJ for him to say "Isiah is the best point guard after Magic" (he's better than Magic - who couldn't defend or shoot jumpers). He also had fellow #1 picks Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and James Worthy.

Isiah was the better playmaker and peak Isiah was better than peak Stockton but I rank Stockton ahead of Thomas because of longevity. I also don't think it pained MJ to say that about Isiah because Isiah owned Michael head to head.

Right, it is the refs job but doesn’t discount the fact he used them often. I’m not condemning him or anything, just puting it out.
As for Jordans eyes, that could also be a sign of jaundice.

Yeah but he also lost his hair, his temper changed he put on 20lbs of muscle and they didn't really test guys for roids in the NBA during that period of time. Magic could also have been juicing and that's how he got AIDS from sharing needles. We'll never know because the NBA didn't have a Jose Canseco to name names

The trick is not minding
Yeah but he also lost his hair, his temper changed he put on 20lbs of muscle and they didn't really test guys for roids in the NBA during that period of time. Magic could also have been juicing and that's how he got AIDS from sharing needles. We'll never know because the NBA didn't have a Jose Canseco to name names
Maybe, maybe not. It’s all speculation. As for Magic getting HIV, it’s generally accepted that he contracted it from unprotected sex. The man was a womanizer after all, so I think it’s a safe assumption.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s all speculation. As for Magic getting HIV, it’s generally accepted that he contracted it from unprotected sex. The man was a womanizer after all, so I think it’s a safe assumption.

Big reason Isiah was kept off the team was because he thought Magic was gay or bisexual.

We like to say that HIV/AIDS could happen to anyone but the stat's were I think 9 out 10 Homosexuals and IV drug users

The trick is not minding
Big reason Isiah was kept off the team was because he thought Magic was gay or bisexual.

We like to say that HIV/AIDS could happen to anyone but the stat's were I think 9 out 10 Homosexuals and IV drug users
We like to say it because it is a true statement. I’m not sure of the argument here.
As for Isiah’s rumors about Magic....sour grapes possibly?

We like to say it because it is a true statement. I’m not sure of the argument here.

Well...

one of the reasons Isiah questioned Magic's sexuality was because only one woman came forward and claimed to have been infected by Magic.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hi...other-to-child

Sex and HIV transmission

Having sex with a person living with HIV increases the risk of contracting the virus. HIV may be transmitted both anally and vaginally during sexual intercourse. According to the CDCTrusted Source, the risk of transmission for receptive penile-vaginal sex is 8 per 10,000 exposures. For insertive penile-vaginal sex, the risk of transmission lowers to 4 out of 10,000 exposures.

Receptive anal intercourse with a partner who is HIV-positive is the sex act that’s most likely to transmit the virus. For every 10,000 instances of receptive anal intercourse with a partner who has HIV, the virus is likely to be transmitted 138 times.

Insertive anal intercourse poses a lower risk, with 11 transmissions per 10,000 exposures. All forms of oral sex are considered low risk. Biting, spitting, throwing bodily fluids, and sharing sex toys all have such a low risk of transmission that the CDCTrusted Source considers the risk “negligible.”

@Siddon

Agree to disagree on Stockton. He doesn't translate to today's game at the same level, unlike a Jordan, Pippen, Barkley, etc. If we're doing all-time, that's a factor.

Plus, you kinda lose credit for the steroid remark. Jordan is a high-functioning alcholic, that's why his eyes are probably yellow. If he did steroids it would be out. All the other stuff was already out to people in the know. Hell, I work with a guy that knows Slim Bouler.

@Siddon

Agree to disagree on Stockton. He doesn't translate to today's game at the same level, unlike a Jordan, Pippen, Barkley, etc. If we're doing all-time, that's a factor.

Plus, you kinda lose credit for the steroid remark. Jordan is a high-functioning alcholic, that's why his eyes are probably yellow. If he did steroids it would be out. All the other stuff was already out to people in the know. Hell, I work with a guy that knows Slim Bouler.

I don't know man you're saying I don't have credibility but your counter point is nah we would have heard about it...right. I don't know the NBA drug testing program in 40 years they've caught 8 guys for steroids that's very suspicious to me.

As for what would happen if Jordan, Barkley, Stockton, and Pippen played in this era, I'm sure they would all be good though it's important to note Jordan lost to the super teams he played against it wasn't until the 90's and the decade of parity that he became successful.

It's what happens with these discussions, sports, politics, music. Nobody gives and it's two people talking to the wall.

You may be right on Stockton, but I listened to an advanced metrics breakdown of Stockton and why he's not an all-timer. Even then, people can manipulate stats to their narrative. So, I'll concede I could be wrong again.

You saying Jordan is on steroids with no proof, just kinda ruins your credibility in my book.

So yeah. You're right. Stockton is awesome.

And I'm probably wrong about the eyes too, it's probably jaundice