22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I can't get hold of State of Siege anywhere, it doesn't seem to have been released on region 2 dvd and isn't on streaming anywhere. Any ideas?
I have a link that includes English subs. I'll PM you.

The trick is not minding
The previous nomination was a little more appealing to me, but this new one is on Youtube, so it should be much easier for everyone to watch.
I agree, Genocide is actually much better, And I apologize for having to yank it, although Waco itself is also a great doc about the abuse of authority and it’s consequences.
In the future I’ll have to consider how accessible my nominations are to all involved. I saw I could rent it on prime and didn’t think any of it beyond myself.

The trick is not minding
BTW, like the bold idea of nominating a Doc too. I'd like to see more of that and animated films in the generals personally.
Agreed, I may have mentioned it before, but docs and animation both aren’t well represented so far in the General HOF. Expect a few from me in the future.

The Last Picture Show (1971)
Directed by: Peter Bogdanovich
Starring: Timothy Bottoms, Jeff Bridges, Cybill Shepherd

I always seem to struggle with coming of age dramas, and find them rather difficult to sit through. It's incredibly rare for me to find the stories or characters even remotely engaging. I do understand the appeal to viewers who had similar experiences themselves, but I've yet to truly connect with any of the ones I've seen. Unfortunately The Last Picture Show didn't manage to break that trend, so it wasn't a film I particularly enjoyed watching.

That's not to say that I think it's a bad film though, because it's competently shot and well acted. It did amuse me slightly to see Jeff Bridges so young again, since I'm more familiar with him post-Lebowski. The main problem was that I just didn't care for any of the central characters, so I wasn't interested in anything that happened to them. Ruth was really the only person I had any sympathy for, but that wasn't enough to carry the whole film.

I wasn't impressed with the cinematography either. I might've found it more visually appealing had it not been filmed in black in white, or if it instead had less natural looking lighting. The realism does actually suit the tone of the film, but it would've been nice to have some breathtaking imagery I could appreciate, since the narrative wasn't able to grab my attention. This is just the wrong kind of film for me, so while I didn't like it, I don't despise it either. It's just a bit disappointing that I'd much rather watch Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	last.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	64566  

I’m currently watching Last Picture Show too
Ooooo, I never knew it had a sequel

(sorry, it's far too late to start a fillum and I'm bored lol)

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion, but I don't like Clint Eastwood.
wait till raul sees that.

I don't know him enough to decide whether I'm a fan or not. I did love Unforgiven, though.

The trick is not minding
Also, proof I'm not joking. #noshame

Pretty sure this a ban worthy offense. You can join Zotis/Zaris in the corner of discontent until you acknowldge what you have done.

This is probably going to be a controversial opinion, but I don't like Clint Eastwood.
I don’t mind him as a director and have immense respect for what he did to help make changes in how animals, particularly horses, are treated on film sets. But as an actor? Nope. Don’t like him at all.

I’m ashamed even just having my fake face next to that bunch of shyte.
I never claimed it was a good movie. But I do own it, and am willing to admit it haha.