Christian Bale

Tools    

Christian Bale is my favorite actor of all time, he needs to be recognized again soon, he deserved a nomination for Ford V Ferrari

Christian Bale is my favorite actor of all time, he needs to be recognized again soon, he deserved a nomination for Ford V Ferrari
Bale's a big talent, alright. IMO in F v F his was the one exceptional performance in an otherwise mediocre film.

Really liked him in The Big Short and Vice as well.

I'm a fan of Christian Bale, but I don't think his best work was in Ford vs Ferrari. If you're a Bale fan check out:

Little Women (1994)
American Psycho (2000)
The Prestige (2006)
The Flowers of War (2011)

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
One of his best movies is also The Machinist (2004).

F v F as a movie itself it didn't quite impressed me either, and i've seen most of Christian Bale movies (with some exceptions) and I still believe that his best portrayal (again not the best movie as a whole) was in the Fighter - pure acting class.

I love all things Nolan, so if I had to pick a favourite movie starring Bale it would be Dark Knight - all time favourite (a bit cliché but yet true)

I love Christian Bale, and I don't know if his performance in Ford V Ferrari was worthy of a nomination, but I will say that he was the best thing about the movie.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
His weight has fluctuated a total of 600lbs for movie roles.

Suspect's Reviews

Bale will forever be my one and only Batman. As far as performance goes, Vice, Prestige and Big Short are delightful!

Bale's a big talent, alright. IMO in F v F his was the one exceptional performance in an otherwise mediocre film.

Really liked him in The Big Short and Vice as well.
He was brilliant in Vice (should have won him a second Oscar), he was the best thing about Ford V Ferrari, but I hated him in The Big Short...he came off like he was stoned in that movie.

I heard he once went on a rant at a crew member on the set for one of his films. They apparently didn't do their job properly, and Bale got absolutely pissed off - which perhaps showcases some of the passion he has for his area of work. But yeah, he's absolutely brilliant.

I heard he once went on a rant at a crew member on the set for one of his films. They apparently didn't do their job properly, and Bale got absolutely pissed off - which perhaps showcases some of the passion he has for his area of work. But yeah, he's absolutely brilliant.
That is infamous. It was during the shooting of Terminator Salvation, of all things. Mostly yelling at the cinematographer, Shane Hurlbut.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

That is infamous. It was during the shooting of Terminator Salvation, of all things. Mostly yelling at the cinematographer, Shane Hurlbut.

Yep, this one. He may have went overboard there, but there's no denying the passion.

He was terrific in 3:10 to Yuma. I like him in pretty much anything, IIRC.