Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Snooze factor = Zzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

This movie had some great moments that were exciting and made me laugh. Robert Redford and Paul Newman were great together as co-leads. Katharine Ross was delightful, gorgeous and charming.

Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969)

After Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid I really wanted to see another Katharine Ross movie. I was pleasantly surprised to like this one, which I'd never even heard of before, even more than Sundance Kid. Again Robert Redford was in it, and was great as usual. This was a much more touching story that focused on portraying the humanity of its characters, and was profoundly tragic. As the old ways of the Indians were phasing out, one young outsider fought passionately for his lover with reckless abandon. It was realistic with a powerful story and a well-crafted plot. The acting was excellent, with plenty of zeal, romance, and tension.

The Lodge (2019)

Pretty disappointing spooky take that the performances are a bit too thin to carry an already thin premise.

Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969)

After Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid I really wanted to see another Katharine Ross movie. I was pleasantly surprised to like this one, which I'd never even heard of before, even more than Sundance Kid. Again Robert Redford was in it, and was great as usual. This was a much more touching story that focused on portraying the humanity of its characters, and was profoundly tragic. As the old ways of the Indians were phasing out, one young outsider fought passionately for his lover with reckless abandon. It was realistic with a powerful story and a well-crafted plot. The acting was excellent, with plenty of zeal, romance, and tension.

This sounds intriguing Zotis, now on the lockdown watchlist.

Apache (1954)

This was a mildly entertaining Hollywood propaganda film full of melodrama and cliches. It wasn't a great movie, but I still enjoyed it. Jean Peters played the gorgeous sympathetic damsel, Nalinle. Burt Lancaster played the last of the fearless Apache warriors, Massai. My heart went out to Nalinle when her lover, Massai, fueled by hate and thinking she had betrayed him, threw her to the ground and harshly tied her up. I felt for the actress almost as much as for the character, because the way she was roughed around was a little intense. Jean Peters definitely made the movie for me. It was a good story, but my biggest gripes were with the acting style and the boring cinematography.

This sounds intriguing Zotis, now on the lockdown watchlist.
I kind of wish I stumbled across it sooner. It was a truly great movie, and I would have liked time to spread the word so more people could watch it before the countdown lockdown. I haven't heard anyone else talking about it, so I don't know if many others have seen it.

I kind of wish I stumbled across it sooner. It was a truly great movie, and I would have liked time to spread the word so more people could watch it before the countdown lockdown. I haven't heard anyone else talking about it, so I don't know if many others have seen it.
MoFo is a great place to get recommendations and inspirations and they are always appreciated from me.

MoFo is a great place to get recommendations and inspirations and they are always appreciated from me.
Yeah, that's true. It is a good place for that. Well, I'm eagerly waiting to hear what you think of Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here. What are your favorite Westerns so far?

Yeah, that's true. It is a good place for that. Well, I'm eagerly waiting to hear what you think of Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here. What are your favorite Westerns so far?
Put a top 5 in here Zotis:

1: The Wild Bunch.
2: Tombstone.
3: McCabe and Mrs Miller.
4: China 9, Liberty 37.
5: One-Eyed Jacks.

That could change depending on mood but #1 will probably remain there.

4: China 9, Liberty 37.
Oh snap, Jenny Agutter is in it! Okay, I'm going to watch this one. It's the only one on your list I'm not familiar with. And, it's on Youtube.

There Was a Crooked Man (1970)

I watched this for the westerns countdown but I'd mostly call it a prison break movie. There's humor, probably too much at times, to go along with the violence and drama. It started out a bit too uneven for me seemingly trying to be multiple things at once. With a cast featuring Kirk Douglas, Henry Fonda, Warren Oates, and Burgess Meredith, and a director like Joseph Mankiewicz, of course it would end up being good. The musical score was too whimsical sometimes but overall it was very entertaining. It would've been great if more consistently serious.

Re-watch for the millionth time. One of my all-time fave movies.

Quirky enjoyable movie. Huge fan of Shia.

Good movie where nothing “happens”. A Day in the Life of. Will probably watch it again as I enjoy this kind of movie.

The Brood (1979) - 6.2/10. The movie is good without being spectacular. Decently acted. The plot was written well enough. Good. The blood in this is quite different from what other movies from this period used. Felt more like strawberry jam was microwaved and dumped on to the characters. This was a turn off for me. Much prefer the orangey ketchup like blood of the giallo films!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Driveways (Andrew Ahn, 2019)
6/10
John Henry (Will Forbes, 2020)
4/10
I'll Come Running (Spencer Parsons, 2008)
6/10
I Remember Mama (George Stevens, 1948)
7/10

Uncle Elizabeth "is good" now.
Wajda by Wajda (Andrzej Wolski, 2016)
6.5/10
Cut-Throats Nine (Joaquin Romero Marchent, 1972)
5.5/10
Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and the Band (Daniel Roher, 2019)
6.5/10
A Good Woman Is Hard to Find (Abner Pastoll, 2019)
5.5/10

Sarah Bolger finds herself and what happened to her husband.
The Judge (David Dobkin, 2014)
6/10
Speed of Life (Liz Manashil, 2020)
5/10
Walkaway Joe (Tom Wright, 2020)
5.5/10
The Princess Bride (Rob Reiner, 1987)
7/10

He was told "I do not think that means what you think it does" but at least not "Prepare to die".
Neon Bull (Gabriel Mascaro, 2015)
+ 5/10
How to Build a Girl (Coky Giedroyc, 2019)
6/10
The Legion (Jose Magan, 2020)
5/10
True History of the Kelly Gang (Justin Kurzel, 2019)
+ 6/10

The mom of Australia's Kelly Gang makes some political commentary.
National Treasure: Book of Secrets (Jon Turteltaub, 2007)
6.5/10
Valley Girl (Rachel Lee Goldenberg, 2020)
5.5/10
The Girl in Lovers Lane (Charles R. Rondeau , 1960)
4/10
National Treasure (Jon Turteltaub, 2004)
6.5/10

Hell yeah - I'm Joe Cool.