Favorite Italian Actors/Actresses?

Tools    

You said actors/actresses, but always liked Fellini movies.

Anna Magnani
Isabella Rossellini
Virna Lisi
Sophia Loren
Gina Lollobrigida

And on a far less serious note, Bud Spencer & Terence Hill. Always had a soft spot for their movies.

Whenever I think of Italian actors I fondly recall Franco Fabrizi as Fausto in I Vitelloni.

• Ornella Muti
  • Gian Maria Volonté
  • Gastone Moschin
  • Franco Nero
  • Claudia Cardinale
  • Monica Bellucci
  • Marco D'Amore
  • Bud Spencer
  • Terence Hill
Forgot about Salvatore Esposito.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
What everybody else said and...

Giulietta Masina

Alida Valli

Really doesn't highlight how amazing she was, but the ending shouldn't be spoiled.

Valentina Cortese

Monica Bellucci! The older she gets the more attractive she is.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
You said actors/actresses, but always liked Fellini movies.
How could I forget one of the best acting performances, in my 2nd favorite movie of all-time -- Giulieta Masina as Gelsominia

"If I died, would you be a little sad?" (Tony Quinn is already asleep)

Sophia Loren and Anna Magnani are often considered the Italian non plus ultra, although Gina Lollobrigida, Virna Lisi, Claudia Cardinale and many others do share their slice of amazing performances.

Nowadays, I really like Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, Valeria Golino, Alba Rohrwacher, Anna Foglietta, Piera degli Esposti and many others.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Sophia Loren and Anna Magnani are often considered the Italian non plus ultra, although Gina Lollobrigida, Virna Lisi, Claudia Cardinale and many others do share their slice of amazing performances.

Nowadays, I really like Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, Valeria Golino, Alba Rohrwacher, Anna Foglietta, Piera degli Esposti and many others.
I guess when I started this thread, I wasn't sure where Cardinale was from. I just checked and saw she's Italian-Tunisian.. Nice combination