The Western III Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
The Big Gundown

This actually wasn’t that bad. Lee Van Cleef as a bounty hunter chasing down a Mexican child murderer/rapist.
What should have been a routine bounty proves anything but as Cuchillo, the wanted murderer, continues to out smart Van Cleef.
So we get a drawn out cat and mouse game until finally he catches his quarry. He actually catches him often. But someone always interferes.
The music is decent, as expected of Morricone, and Van Cleef is steady. But there’s something missing here. *
It didn’t help that the language constantly flipped back and forth in mid conversation.
Still, there’s an ok film here. Just needs a proper version.

The trick is not minding
So that leaves me with one film so in the meantime I will await and see what happens with Zotis before I watch it.
If he is still in, I’ll review it tomorrow.
Have already spoken with Ed over it.
If he’s out, then I’ll submit my ballot after the confirmation

The trick is not minding
I believe that's what all of us watched. I know I did, though I thought it was suppose to be that way and they were speaking Spanish. Hell, Spanish and Italian sound similar to me
Maybe it was Spanish. 🤷

The trick is not minding
With 30 mins to go, I’m thinking it’s going to be a no show for Zotis. I’ll go ahead and send my ballot, Ed, and send it in sans Dirty Little Billy.
If somehow he appears, I’ll watch it and revise my ballot.
With the deadline about to pass, I think I’ll be safe.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@Citizen Rules, @ahwell, @John-Connor, @neiba, @Wyldesyde19, @Zotis, @Siddon

Clock is about to click out for midnight, so it is looking like Zotis is lost to the prairie.

I'll be doing the Voting Reveal Saturday Night around 9pm Eastern
With my first look at the votes, it is rather diverse so it'll be intriguing to see how it turns out.

I misjudged the deadline, I thought it was the 14th. Can I get a two day extension? It will take me less than 48 hours to finish.

Actually, I'm going to try to finish within the next 10 hours, but I'll definitely be finished within 24 hours. It's just a question of if I get too tired and have to sleep before I'm finished.

McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971)

I loved how realistic this movie was. Just when I thought it was going stay purely a drama things got really interesting in that lawless edge of civilization way. One particular thing that stood out was how well done the drunk acting was, but there were also some nice improvised elements that you could tell were unscripted. That added to the realism a lot, and I love seeing this sort of thing in movies. The ending was magnificent. This movie was really ideal for me.

Bone Tomahawk (2015)

I wasn't particularly a fan of this one. It was mildly entertaining. I found the story uninspiring, and the plot fairly implausible. The troglodites were stealthy, fast, and lethal when it served the plot and slothful, tactless, and brainless when the plot wanted people to survive a given situation. The most compelling character was Samantha, played by Lili Simmons. She had some interesting lines, and unlike any of the other characters actually felt like a real person. The visual production quality was fairly high, but that isn't something I think is important. I prioritize writing, acting, directing, and cinematography, and on those fronts this movie was only average in my estimation.

I'm watching Red River now. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but I hope it's mildly enjoyable. I'll save my re-watch of Meek's Cutoff for the finale.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Zotis aka The Calvary is riding in so we will extend to accommodate.

VERY f@ckin nice!!

Also, let us know Wylde, what time you need to watch and write up Dirty Billy

Once done, I'll announce a date for the reveal. Most likely around the same time (9pm Eastern) for everyone

The trick is not minding

Zotis aka The Calvary is riding in so we will extend to accommodate.

VERY f@ckin nice!!

Also, let us know Wylde, what time you need to watch and write up Dirty Billy

Once done, I'll announce a date for the reveal. Most likely around the same time (9pm Eastern) for everyone
I’ll have to finish it later on today. I’ll let you know.