American Hustle
0%
0 votes
House at the End of the Street
14.71%
5 votes
Other
34 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I love how every interview of hers is titled, "Funny Interview (Rare)." She's a class clown and a bit of ditsy blonde and all of her interviews are the same and there are tons of them...

Winter’s Bone is my favorite movie with her in it

She’s an alright actress in my opinion and she’s drop dead gorgeous

I think Winter's Bone may be her best performance but my favorite is SLP. I adore that movie.

Side note: If Hayley Bennett and Jennifer Lawrence aren't cast as sisters in a movie soon what has all this been for? It's uncanny.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I just watched Silver Linings Playbook, and I liked it way more than I was expecting.
Yea I really like it, easily the best Romantic movie of the decade for me, I don't know how I would categorize it exactly.

Yea I really like it, easily the best Romantic movie of the decade for me, I don't know how I would categorize it exactly.
Have you seen Blue Is the Warmest Color?

She is a nice actress. But her movie choices are a bit odd. But if I have to pick a movie from her body of work it will be, Joy. Then Winter's Bone. Rest all are a bit drab.

Have you seen Blue Is the Warmest Color?
Yea I have actually, great movie. Caught it on TV one night quite late when I had to get up for work at 8am. Ended up watching the whole thing till like 330am.

Anyone else feel like her career slowly grinds down to nothing from here? I feel like she was one of Harvey's girls, and that the last 7-8 years her films have been poor-average ( except X-Men DOFP which she had a smaller role).

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Anyone else feel like her career slowly grinds down to nothing from here? I feel like she was one of Harvey's girls, and that the last 7-8 years her films have been poor-average ( except X-Men DOFP which she had a smaller role).
Anything is possible. I'm not sure she's all in on an acting career to last super long. That being said I hope so

I quite liked the movie Passengers (2016).
And except for a couple X-Men prequel movies, I haven't seen anything else with her in it (that's no reflection on her, just that I don't see a lot of modern movies).

Yea I have actually, great movie. Caught it on TV one night quite late when I had to get up for work at 8am. Ended up watching the whole thing till like 330am.
I don't understand how you can consider Silver Linings Playbook a better romantic movie than Blue Is the Warmest Color.

Silver Linings Playbook won Jennifer Lawrence an Academy Award for Best Actress, Blue Is the Warmest Color was the first movie to ever win the Palme d'Or for both Best Director and Best Actress. The Palme d'Or is widely considered the most prestigious award in cinema. Blue is the Warmest Color literally made history. It's not even a contest. If you think Silver Linings Playbook is a better movie than Blue Is the Warmest Color, I think you're completely out to lunch.

Still not as good as Portrait of a Lady on Fire, though.
That does look like a good movie, but still doesn't look as good as Blue Is the Warmest Color. For one thing, it looks more dramatic, and less realistic.

I quite liked the movie Passengers (2016).
And except for a couple X-Men prequel movies, I haven't seen anything else with her in it (that's no reflection on her, just that I don't see a lot of modern movies).
Please watch, Winter's Bone.

Welcome to the human race...
That does look like a good movie, but still doesn't look as good as Blue Is the Warmest Color. For one thing, it looks more dramatic, and less realistic.
Duly noted, but I've managed to see it three times in the space of six months while I haven't even bothered to watch Blue is the Warmest Colour a second time in the space of seven years so take that as you will.

Duly noted, but I've managed to see it three times in the space of six months while I haven't even bothered to watch Blue is the Warmest Colour a second time in the space of seven years so take that as you will.
So what? I've seen Star Wars more than 25 times, and I consider the greatest film I've ever seen to be The Passion of Joan of Arc which I've only seen once. Star Wars is barely clinging on to my top 100. There is no correlation to the amount of times we watch things, or how much we personally enjoy things, with how objectively good they are.

Edit: I shouldn't say "no correlation," there is some correlation, but there isn't necessarily a direct correlation.