Buddy cop series (?) with Pierce Brosnan

Tools    

I really should know better than ask something this general, but I don’t have much to watch in quarantine, and I remembered a series I once came across on TV (no idea which channel, as it was abroad, in France, I think). It might be a mini-series or a film (unlikely) with Pierce Brosnan. Brosnan plays one partner in the ‘buddy cop’ duo. Given my experience with Fled, the cops may not be cops, but I think the protagonists are in law enforcement. I watched it quite a while back, around 2009, and I think it felt like it was filmed in mid-90s or ‘00s. There was some water and boats involved, I’m pretty sure the setting is in the US. I tried looking through Brosnan’s filmography, of course, and nothing looked quite like it. Maybe someone remembers something similar. Thanks as always.

The Tailor of Panama 2001 - Brosnan is a spy in Panama, so boats and water

Live Wire 1992 - Brosnan is an FBI bomb expert in the US

I need to watch it to say for sure, which I can only do tomorrow. Somehow just from looking at it, it does feel like it might be it. Thanks a lot, Gideon58. I’ll let everyone know ASAP.

It might be Remington Steele (the studio head at the time, famously wouldn’t allow Brosman to be the next James Bond because he wanted him for the TV series)

Yeah, I too would assume you meant private detectives and not cops and were looking for "Remington Steele".

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, I too would assume you meant private detectives and not cops and were looking for "Remington Steele".

I honestly cannot remember re cops vs private detectives, will hopefully watch today. Thanks a lot, guys!