The Videogames Tab

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I've been tempted to get back into Control (thanks, Iro). Thing is, at least on PS4, I can't just start a new game without wiping my current progress. Any PS4 owners out there with experience in this? Or how to play a game again, while retaining the original states? My guess is to create a second PS4 account, but I have no idea.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I've been tempted to get back into Control (thanks, Iro). Thing is, at least on PS4, I can't just start a new game without wiping my current progress. Any PS4 owners out there with experience in this? Or how to play a game again, while retaining the original states? My guess is to create a second PS4 account, but I have no idea.

You may have already figured it out. Should be able to make another user on the system. I remember doing it so my sis could play LBP on ps3.

Yaas, Manifold Garden's ending is one of the prettiest things I have seen. ^_^

Okay, I've made some decent progress and the game's starting to annoy me. How many times are you going to use the same seizure inducing effects? Once or twice was irksome, but I could look past it. When it's 3, 4+ times? Now I'm starting to think they want me to have a seizure.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Animal Crossing is exactly the kind of thing I needed right now. Yep, aspects of it are clunky and repetitive but it's hugely good natured, beautiful looking and surprisingly funny and prescient.

I'm also 30 hours into Persona 5 Golden and it's grabbing me a lot more than the original did - FFVII Remake and RE 3 Remake are sitting unplayed.

ooooh. I created a new PS4 User (not a separate account) and seems I can now start a new game in CONTROL! Good call, DD. Maybe my video captures won't be so jumpy now that I've moved everything to an external drive. That's assuming that I actually start playing the game again =\

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I've discovered the game RUST, anyone play? I'm so addicted already and completely hopeless.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I've discovered the game RUST, anyone play? I'm so addicted already and completely hopeless.
I've had it on my Steam wishlist forever, but I really don't know why. Looks too intense for a wuss like me. I assume you play online against other people/players, yes? I'm also curious about how long you need to stay in each level. Looks like you start out naked and weaponless... but then I also see gunfights, haz-mat suits, and, um, bow and arrows.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I've had it on my Steam wishlist forever, but I really don't know why. Looks too intense for a wuss like me. I assume you play online against other people/players, yes? I'm also curious about how long you need to stay in each level. Looks like you start out naked and weaponless... but then I also see gunfights, haz-mat suits, and, um, bow and arrows.
I'm a total noob but I'll answer as best I can.

You pick a server to play with anything from 0-350 players.

There are no levels other than upgrading and researching better stuff.

You start naked, it's quite like Minecraft to begin with, you've got to get a base up and secure it, then its a game of risk going out to get stuff you need but getting killed often and losing it all. I've picked a solo server with only a few players just to learn.

The endgame is all about raiding and stealing.

The servers wipe every month and it's back to sq 1 for all.

Finished Observer.

Final verdict: Not bad. Could've been better. Much better. But hey, it kept me busy and mildly entertained, so it served its purpose.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Umm, holy crap!

Square Enix Eidos Anthology BUNDLE

Anybody here play the Steam game Telling Lies?

I'm getting weird video glitches: black screens every so often. At first I thought it was part of the game (which is live-video). But it's happening on the second monitor too, which doesn't have the game on it. So now I assume something with the game is vexing my NVidia card. All my drivers are up to date. And I tried optimizing for all games, but that game's not on the list.

Any hints on what setting I need to change or tweak to keep this from happening?

^Can't help you. I don't know much about graphics cards and support these days. Hopefully someone *cough* will come to the rescue. Think this is related to the Acrobat issues from earlier?

Also, I'm surprised no one has commented on Golgot's recent post. That's a TON of games. I'm not really interested in but maybe 2 or 3, but that is a steal if ever anyone hesitated on a few buys. Crazy.

there's a frog in my snake oil
None of those games have had VR ports, the swines!

(I bet a few announce one in a year or so )

---

Trip Report: Fallout 4

Tedious issues with late-game load-times aside, I'm still loving this.

Really enjoying just pushing through the story now, with occasional derails into helping out various allies, or just bumbling into firefights. (Alright and I kitted out a neglected camp out with mis-matched military gear too. They live near a vault stuffed with Gunners, it makes sense alright )

Certain things just don't get old. I stumbled onto an offshore sub-plot, and godammit, hip-firing your way through a submarine with a de-goo-if-y-ing sniper rifle, while zombs provide shocks with their sudden onrushes, is all grand

I chased down a synth as part of the storyline and ended up on the flat roof of a high-rise, which even despite the scrubby graphics, was great to survey, noting all the places I'd been snarled up in a fight, or had used as waypoints. And the curious locations I'd not yet dropped in on. Still loving that rumpled, storified landscape...

I find myself continually taking screenshots of things and scenes from multiple angles to try and communicate the 'being there' thing, but it just doesn't work. But hunkering over crazy Tom's shoulder while he decodes a Courser chip, or turning a railgun over to see the wiring running through its rusted innards, just adds so freaking much to the vibe. You'll have to take my word for it

^Can't help you. I don't know much about graphics cards and support these days. Hopefully someone *cough* will come to the rescue. Think this is related to the Acrobat issues from earlier?

Also, I'm surprised no one has commented on Golgot's recent post. That's a TON of games. I'm not really interested in but maybe 2 or 3, but that is a steal if ever anyone hesitated on a few buys. Crazy.
I doubt they're related. I think the Acrobat issue is simply that it's so old and is finally showing its age. I'll have to find a different PDF program or upgrade to something newer from Acrobat.

Also, I may not have commented on Golgot's post, but I did pass the link along to Yoda's younger brother, who is a bit interested. Unsure how many of those games he already had, but it's still a steal if you like that sort of game. (I, OTOH, do not like games like most of those, so it's a hard pass.)

You ready? You look ready.
Re: FF7 Remake

Glad to see that video game review sites are still not ashamed to take money for perfect reviews. The industry is alive and well.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Do any of you know of a program / software / windows 10 app / that can translate? The problem I'm having is that I want to play Japanese games, and I can't translate them. I'm using an app that lets me drag a box over text and then copy/paste it in google translate to get the jist of what it says, but it's really tedious. I want an app / program / software that lets me see the translation while I'm playing, even if it's an auto translation that's not all that accurate. Anything beats this tedious copy and paste format.