Anybody serious about coffee?

Tools    

I've just bought an aeropress kit, and it seems a bit of an upgrade on my Caffetiere, now I've got a decent recipe.

Does anybody have a favourite ground coffee / coffee bean?

The Grumpy Mule India seems decent, but I'm convinced there are better out there

My wife used to own a coffee house in Mobile, AL, and she's tried a ton of them. Recently she's had to switch to decaf, so she uses Raven's Brew and Kicking Horse. She used to buy one called Three Peckered Billy Goat. These coffee growers have senses of humor.

I've always been a coffee Neanderthal, and a cheapskate, so I use Folgers brewed.. But lately I've had to make it so weak that it's like coffee flavored water..

~Doc

Nah, I just need the caffeine to satisfy the addiction. I know it gets awfully fancy, though. I'd be curious to hear how it goes with all your new stuff.

Nah, I just need the caffeine to satisfy the addiction. I know it gets awfully fancy, though. I'd be curious to hear how it goes with all your new stuff.
The aeropress is about 10 times easier to use than a caffetiere (and way faster), and there's virtually zero clean up process. It's amazing.

I really recommend one. I'm not a coffee connoseur though so proper snobs may frown on this device.

I am very serious about.my coffee - I make my own and I seriously have to have it. But I am not as adventurous as you as far as gadgets ScarletLion Yours probably brews an exotic coffee, but I've been very happy with my stovetop glass perculator.

I have recently cut waaaayyyyyyy back on caffeine so I' m usually brewing decaf. And I let it perc a long while; 10-12 minutes , so it's a rich brew. I tend to use Folgers or fresh ground decaf from a store.

I have found that for caf coffee I usually prefer Columbian - but for decaf I like French - seems to work better.

And when I'm out of the house, Dunkin's my favorite.

Hoist your cups, coffee friends, it may be our last vice left.

You ready? You look ready.

And I'm not afraid to say that this stuff is the bomb, too.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

My wife used to own a coffee house in Mobile, AL, and she's tried a ton of them. Recently she's had to switch to decaf, so she uses Raven's Brew and Kicking Horse. She used to buy one called Three Peckered Billy Goat. These coffee growers have senses of humor.

I've always been a coffee Neanderthal, and a cheapskate, so I use Folgers brewed.. But lately I've had to make it so weak that it's like coffee flavored water..

~Doc
I use decaf too,caffeine gives me heart palpitations.😢

Yeah, me too. And caffeine causes me to jump out of my chair, which is pretty bad at funerals and on carnival rides... [za-BOOM!]

Yeah, me too. And caffeine causes me to jump out of my chair, which is pretty bad at funerals and on carnival rides... [za-BOOM!]
Haha!!
Well thankfully I just get the palpitations.😀

Love coffee. I'm a huge (evolving) coffee fanatic!

I want to learn all the time and try new stuff. I love to visit coffee places when I'm out and my preferred kind of coffee is a cortado. I feel like that's a great middle ground for someone who would love to taste coffee in its purest form, but without the natural bitterness of an espresso shot. I enjoy a pure espresso every now and then, but I love how the half-espresso/half-milk of a cortado keeps everything but the bitterness intact - you still get the taste of roasted coffee beans, the wholeness of the taste and just the depth of it. I love that.

I got a Sage/Breville espresso machine at home where I make everything from a cortado to an Americano and a latte or cappuchino for my sister and mom, who love those.

I ground my own coffee beans of course, but have yet to experiment with roasting them myself... I drink filter coffee when I'm just in a hurry or french press when I'm feeling a bit fancy and then espresso when I have the time.

I live in Denmark so I can't really recommend any beans.

I find it pretty amusing that I was the last one to post here.

Anyways, as I also posted about in the corona thread I just bought a BUNCH of coffee stuff (and I do mean a bunch). Recently I got myself an AeroPress, which I really love. Been brewing with that a lot lately. But I thought it wasn’t quite enough to satisfy my growing obsessiveness over coffee...

So i recently bought coffee stuff for like 150 dollars. I got myself a Chemex, a Hario V60, some coffee beans and some other stuff here and there.

Adding all that to my drip coffee machine, the espresso machine, the French press and the occasional instant coffee, I really got a lot of freaking ways to brew coffee now and keep me occupied during these crazy times.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Adding all that to my drip coffee machine, the espresso machine and the occasional instant coffee, I really got a lot of freaking ways to brew coffee now and keep me occupied during these crazy times.
You might try using a French press or a stove top percolator, especially if you're going through the trouble of grinding your own beans. Filtering coffee through a paper filter you're losing a lot of flavor.

I’m addicted to Dunkin coffee. Tricky to find a DNKN open every day where I live, but I figured it out eventually. Will be very glad when I can drink my coffee inside the location & not have to sit out on the back steps.

I’m addicted to Dunkin coffee. Tricky to find a DNKN open every day where I live, but I figured it out eventually. Will be very glad when I can drink my coffee inside the location & not have to sit out on the back steps.
I've seen Dunkin Donut coffee sold at Walmart. It is good.

You might try using a French press or a stove top percolator, especially if you're going through the trouble of grinding your own beans. Filtering coffee through a paper filter you're losing a lot of flavor.
I do own a French press. I forgot that one haha.

I've seen Dunkin Donut coffee sold at Walmart. It is good.
I don’t want to buy beans or ground coffee. Been there, done that. Is this what you mean?

I don’t want to buy beans or ground coffee. Been there, done that. Is this what you mean?
Yes. I love the taste of coffee made with freshly ground beans.