Drip, drip, drop, little April Song Tournament

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

lol. perhaps the greatest movie ever imagined!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

It's awesome, have u seen Kung Fu Hustle as well? It's just as great imo..
Yeah. Great stuff. That ending had me balling like a 3 year old girl lol.

Europe - The Final Countdown

Aurora - Animal - My neck's hurting too much to write a whole thing, but I really liked this. so thank you.

Flatlinerz - Good Day to Die § (alt link if needed)

Dream City Film Club - Pissboy

David Bowie - As The World Falls Down

The Clash - Rock The Casbah

L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji

Alan Jackson - Thank God For The Radio

1. David Bowie - As the World Falls Down: bass sound aside, I love this song (actually, this album is on my daily rotation and often times multiple plays a day) and the lyrics break my heart every time. I first watched Labyrinth in like 4th or 5th grade on VHS at a friend's bday sleep over. From the 3d owl intro sequence to the fantastic goblin kingdom, the movie floored me. Even then I knew there was something important playing out in the sound track. Something on a cosmic level. Too bad I didn't discover Ziggy Stardust till nearly a decade later. Had the nom been Underground, I would have totally ranked this higher. Honestly, if Bowie doesn't win this round, that's probably the only reason. Hey. "No one can blame you."
  2. Europe - The Final Countdown: classic. It's probably the nostalgia of my uncle playing this on his record player. I thought he was the coolest. But nostalgia is a powerful drug.
  3. Aurora - Animal: these two vocalists and their harmonies blew me away. Bonus for watching this adorable pixie bounce around the mic, literally grabbing fluid melodies from the air.
  4. Flatlinerz - Good Day to Die: I can get into this. Feels dated, but I've always loved this kind of bass line backing rap.
  5. Dream City Film Club - Pissboy: Not sure here. Good build and tension. Nice changes through. But the posing kept putting me off. I know you have to play the role in a video so maybe if I had only heard this first without seeing it i may have ranked it higher. Also something just sounded very familiar about it. I think it may be using L.A. Woman as a road map. The vibe and progression sounds very Doorsy.
  6. Alan Jackson - Thank God For The Radio: My feelings on country should be known by now. That said, Alan Jackson's voice may be one of the most authentic that I can remember of that decade's pop country line up. At least in this song
  7. L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji: Not really a fan but I thought there was some great stuff happening at around 2:20. Nice solo and the drums got my attention a few times as well.
  8. The Clash - Rock The Casbah: can't really go wrong with a classic. Maybe a bit overplayed for me. That with the overall strength of choices this round, it fell to the end.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Remaining votes came in whilst I was in the land of Nod so here's the result of Round 11 (and a well fought one it was too):

1st - 13th Chime - Cats Of Toulouse (47 pts)

Congratulations @Chypmunk!

L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji
The Clash - Rock The Casbah
Flatlinerz - Good Day to Die
Dream City Film Club - Pissboy
David Bowie - As The World Falls Down
Alan Jackson - Thank God For The Radio
Aurora - Animal
Europe - The Final Countdown

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) Alan Jackson - Thank God For The Radio
2) David Bowie - As The World Falls Down
3) Aurora - Animal
4) Europe - The Final Countdown
5) L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji
6) The Clash - Rock The Casbah
7) Dream City Film Club - Pissboy
8) Flatlinerz - Good Day to Die

I'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow with my nom for the next round.

1. David Bowie - As The World Falls Down
Loved this movie and soundtrack as a kid back in '86 but never listened to it again until this week, it struck that nostalgic cord and I feel this one aged best from all the tracks off the album.
2. Alan Jackson - Thank God For The Radio
Not too familiar with Alan or country music but I like his sound, added this one and another 3 songs by him to my Country playlist.

3. Aurora - Animal
Fascinating!
4. Europe - The Final Countdown
lol, I performed this one in elementary school, great song that sadly got too much radio airplay over here.
5. Flatlinerz - Good Day to Die
CS sharing songs from his unguided journey through hip hop land.
6. The Clash - Rock The Casbah
This also got soo much airplay over here, another great song I heard too many times.
7. L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji
Sounds good, nice vocals.
8. Dream City Film Club - Pissboy
It rocks but didn't like the vocal distortion.

I wanted The Final Countdown as my last track for this tournament, but I miscounted and, despite Chyp's efforts, it was too late. But then, I wouldn't have found this and even though I didn't want anything new, I like this on first listen and second, so I've gone with it.

Jill Sobule - A Good Life