Best Picture Hall of Fame Part 2

Tools    

The trick is not minding
This was a lot of fun guys. Sorry it took me so long. Glad to see Siddon nominate Unforgiven and get one of my favorite films ever a win.
Thank you for hosting, good sir.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My list

1. Unforgiven
2. Braveheart
3. The Departed
4. American Beauty
5. Platoon
6. King's Speech
7. Gandhi

The top 3 are all in my top 100, with the top 2 in the top 25.

This was a fun HoF...Great idea Raul I'm glad you decided to do this again. I think this one even had better movies than the 1st Best Pic HoF. Good nom choices everyone!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
definitely some powerhouse films in regards to entertainment

Gandhi

Gandhi: Whenever I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they may seem invincible, but in the end, they always fail. Think of it: always.

Here's what I know about Gandhi - in its compete, unabridged, uncensored. . . um, nugget.

A holy man that fasted for peace in India in the first half of the twentieth century.
I had, not an iota of actual, historical, or, and this was the delight for me, to be introduced to this: delightful, witty, wise beyond. . . well, it's definitely running an ongoing race with having a bull's tenacious stubbornness, very holy, beautiful, utterly f@ckin adorable man who just wants everyone to be as peaceful as he is, home spinning.

So, while, yes, as all agree, Kingsley is truly masterfully as Gandhi, I, was enchanted by the man he portrayed. And, oh my lord, his wonderful wife, Kasturba. The counted "steps" and their meanings as he instructed an English writer (Martin Sheen) was wonderful to see. And when she informs the arresting British officer that, since they are arresting her husband, then she'd be reading for him -- yeah, girl!

For all this and for what occurred throughout his adult life in India, witnessing the historical. Being introduced to this wonderous little man is why I ranked the highest (3rd).
In fact, I had a very severe wish to follow Bapu's way and put him in first place above two war films. But, well, I gots history with both of them starting from the several viewings at the cinema when they were released. So, it would be more for show than for blow and, if American Beauty has not taught us anything about that little scenario, well. . . I guess ya missed the boat when it came to Gandhi too, huh?
Ya silly, effin, fanny,

THANK YOU @Citizen Rules!!! I loved it!

In fact,

BRAVO SIR

very much so -- THANKS for nominating it!!
I've said this before, but if one person loves my nom in an HoF, then to me that's a success. I feel like I now know more about Gandhi and the life he lead.

I've said this before, but if one person loves my nom in an HoF, then to me that's a success. I feel like I now know more about Gandhi and the life he lead.
totally agree, on BOTH points. Especially the second since I knew ZERO about the man both historically and intimately.

Legend in my own mind
Good stuff!