Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
That's already my second stop today with signs like that. Luckily I have one with me.
I really want to see someone make a Bane meme about him waiting in line to get into a store (like a club) and he gets the OK because he has a mask.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Just saw that our $2400 stimulus was deposited today. That pays 1 month mortgage and leaves us $120.00. We're fine because we're working but for people who aren't, it doesn't go a long way.
A 2400 dollar mortgage. Well damn.

Dude, you could have a castle in my city for that price. Like for real.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...49646393_zpid/
That's incredible, way too big with too much upkeep for us though. I wouldn't mind selling our house in a couple of years and going somewhere like that, buying a small house, and living off the rest. Only thing is that it suddenly seems like Massachusetts has the best weather in the country. I haven't needed the driveway plowed 2 winters in a row, and I'm afraid of tornadoes, earthquakes, and crazy stuff like that.

You ready? You look ready.
That's incredible, way too big with too much upkeep for us though. I wouldn't mind selling our house in a couple of years and going somewhere like that, buying a small house, and living off the rest. Only thing is that it suddenly seems like Massachusetts has the best weather in the country. I haven't needed the driveway plowed 2 winters in a row, and I'm afraid of tornadoes, earthquakes, and crazy stuff like that.
Well then, you're in luck, amigo. Move to Roanoke when you feel like a change. You can get an affordable house with a sizable piece of land, and amazing weather to boot.

I have not plowed snow in the last 3-4 winters, and the only real weather related issues we have are flooding. But as long as you don't buy a house near the river or a creek then you're all good.

We have a 2600 Sq ft house - 4 bedrooms and a pool. We are in the middle of a refi and should close in May. Our new mortgage will be about $950 a month. Cost of living in Florida is pretty high in most areas but the panhandle is not bad at all. We are like 10 mins from the beaches too. We are not rich by any means but we are very grateful for what we have.

Anyway I was looking at the new map and statistics for this area on the John Hopkins map and checked out my county. They have some very interesting breakdowns on insurance, poverty levels and such. Those interested should check out their county.

Non-PC post. Just being honest here.

We might be the only country in the world, where health care workers -who are putting their lives on the lines to trace possible Covid 19 patients - are being pelted with stones and attacked.

All these violent attacks have been happening from one group of people, and one group alone. And the moment we criticise these groups, the foreign media of Guardian, NYT, WaPo write articles on Islamophobia.

On last count, almost 60% of cases across the country are connected to Tablighi Jamaat congregation. Something similar happened in Malaysia and Pakistan. And was stopped in the nick of time in Indonesia.

While Hindus didn't celebrate big festivals like Holi, Ramnavmi, and Christians didn't celebrate Easter, and Sikhs didn't celebrate Baisakhi in this country... I am already reading dreading reports on Ramzan. Come 23rd of April and things are gonna go downhill.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Yeah I'd be living in a Mansion in my city paying 2280 dollar mortgage a month I would think. That's more than double mine, and my house is pretty nice actually.

Dude, you could have a castle in my city for that price. Like for real.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8...49646393_zpid/
I could spend hours on Zillow. Where I live this would buy you a downtown condo. A nice condo, but still.

Love the front door: it’s like from a fairy tale.

That actually looks a bit like the place Courtney and I got married:

Anyway, yeah, it can be pretty amazing how much it can host to live in some neighborhoods/areas. Often you pay a fraction of the cost just a few miles away, since people will pay a premium to be in those areas.

The mortgage on the house we live in (which is, admittedly, a starter home that we bought in a very poor neighborhood) was just a few hundred a month.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was sick (body aches, complete weakness, fever) for over 3 weeks... I was alright for 3-4 days, and for the last three days, it's back. I had to walk a few miles to get a loaf of bread, and this ********* sneezed TWICE while I was paying at the counter (bulletproof glass) right by the door, which I had to pass to leave. I was wearing plastic gloves, and a scarf over my mouth, which I tossed after a mile toward my house. I actually walked over there at 5am to avoid people (I was up already) and the same happened on the 18th of last month, when I went grocery shopping. I have come in contact with a couple of people for a short time, washed hands, etc., so if you want to avoid this awful feeling, just stay away from people - you never know...

Be careful when you check your mail. That carrier goes by hundreds of homes and germs. Part of me wants to just say hell with it, especially after getting sick again... My biggest problem is worrying about getting medication. Withdrawals include death! I'm tired of complaining, too, but what can I do? I'm surprised I was able to type this message without my laptop freezing to death.

Non-PC post. Just being honest here.

We might be the only country in the world, where health care workers -who are putting their lives on the lines to trace possible Covid 19 patients - are being pelted with stones and attacked.

All these violent attacks have been happening from one group of people, and one group alone. And the moment we criticise these groups, the foreign media of Guardian, NYT, WaPo write articles on Islamophobia.

On last count, almost 60% of cases across the country are connected to Tablighi Jamaat congregation. Something similar happened in Malaysia and Pakistan. And was stopped in the nick of time in Indonesia.

While Hindus didn't celebrate big festivals like Holi, Ramnavmi, and Christians didn't celebrate Easter, and Sikhs didn't celebrate Baisakhi in this country... I am already reading dreading reports on Ramzan. Come 23rd of April and things are gonna go downhill.
What country are you in?

The mortgage on the house we live in (which is, admittedly, a starter home that we bought in a very poor neighborhood) was just a few hundred a month.
That’s not you & Courtney in the photo is it?

Same here. I got so tired of paying a relatively small sum each month I eventually paid off the mortgage with a single check.

All I know is I'm crazy about that sunken living room.
Love sunken rooms.

Be careful when you check your mail. That carrier goes by hundreds of homes and germs. Part of me wants to just say hell with it, especially after getting sick again... My biggest problem is worrying about getting medication. Withdrawals include death!
Hearing this more & more about the mail. I’ve just been grabbing it from the mailbox, but, still ....

Why are you worried about meds? Actually getting to the pharmacy to pick them up or what?

That’s not you & Courtney in the photo is it?

Same here. I got so tired of paying a relatively small sum each month I eventually paid off the mortgage with a single check.

Love sunken rooms.

Hearing this more & more about the mail. I’ve just been grabbing it from the mailbox, but, still ....

Why are you worried about meds? Actually getting to the pharmacy to pick them up or what?
Getting a new psychiatrist who can do whatever they want... I feel like I'm on death row.

⬆️ You’re worried he won’t refill a prescription you already have. I’m sorry, but not understanding the situation.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Slightly off topic, but listening to Andrew Cuomo this morning made me realize something. His voice is spot-on Al Pacino doing an impression of Christopher Walken.