Drip, drip, drop, little April Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Everyone's put in their ballots again so here's the result for Round 6:

1st - Nena - 99 Luftballons (90 pts)

Grats to hk on moving a tune on to the Final

Congratulations @honeykid!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)
2) Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirito

3) Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love (The link for this video had the message "Video unavailable. The uploader has not made this video available in your country.", so I used this link instead.)

4) Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come

5) Dead Confederate - The Rat (The link for this video had the message "Video unavailable. This video is not available.", so I used this link instead.)

6) Def Leppard - Foolin'
7) The Warning - Narcicista
8) Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
9) Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
10) A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle

I'll be back tonight with my Round 8 nom.

Added those alt links for those two to the round post. Cheers gbg

A system of cells interlinked
1 Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
2 Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
3 Def Leppard - Foolin' (Not one, but two tracks I like more than my nom. Oh well)
4 Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirito
5 Dead Confederate - The Rat
6 The Warning - Narcicista
7 Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
8 Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love
9 A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
10 George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)

Apologies for poor attempts at humor...

1) The Warning - Narcicista
I hope these girls will become big (and keep their curent attitude at the same time - like turning down labels because they want to make THEIR music). It may not be better than Iron Maiden but I'm supporting the youth.

2) Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
I'm listening to this almost four hours early. Great band, great album, great song.

3) Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
King ejaculating is apparently a big thing. Oh, it's not about that kind of coming. Argus is a good album and I've nominated one song from it before (Throw Down the Sword).

4) Dead Confederate - The Rat
Nirvana goes country, or something. It kinda works but is a bit monotonous. Would work on a soundtrack for some gritty western.

5) Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirito
According to YouTube comments I'm writing this with heightened spatial awareness and improved IQ.

6) Def Leppard - Foolin'
How do you know Def Leppard video is old? Anyways, one of the big hard rock bands I've never liked.

7) George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)
So, people don't get married in Tulsa? And he doesn't look that young to me, either.

8) Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
Hey, it's the best rap song of this tournament. It barely misses the last spot. Gz!

9) A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
Is this what happens when extreme metal becomes too mainstream? Some silly pop punk group is doing the growls (and being edgy by having Ron Jeremy on the video, too).

10) Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love
Feels like I just called to a sex line; some muzak on the background and someone is whispering to my ears. Must have been a wrong number 'cause that's a guy.

1. Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
2. Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirito
3. Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
4 Dead Confederate - The Rat
5. The Warning - Narcicista
6. Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
7. A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
8. Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love
9. George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)
10. Def Leppard - Foolin'

A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle (Funny to hear about some comments on the song (I knew it would be hate by almost everybody hahaha) but it's probably the band with the best live performance I've ever seen live and I've seen some pretty good bands live like Megadeth, Journey, Metallica, Slayer etc)
Def Leppard - Foolin'
Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight (Who doesn't like that kind of stuff it kick ass)
Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
Dead Confederate - The Rat § (alt link if needed)
The Warning - Narcicista
George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)
Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide § (alt link if needed)
Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love § (alt link if needed)
Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirito

the three last are simply not my kind at all

Round 7:
1. Sufjan Stevens – Mystery of Love
2. Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
3. Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirit
4. A Day To Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
5. The Warning - Narcicista
6. Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
7. George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa (Live)
8. Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight
9. Dead Confederate - The Rat
10. Def Leppard - Foolin'

Round 7

1. Gravediggaz - 1-800 Suicide
(My journey to listen to everything related to the Wu-Tang Clan led me to this RZA side group, which in turn introduced me to an entire sub-genre of rap I didn't know existed. Taboo subjects, macabre imagery, references to Wes Craven and Crystal Lake. This is very, very much my sh*t. I guess horrorcore is considered a pejorative nowadays thanks to ICP and a bunch of white rapper wannabes, who are the equivalent of empty shock value devoid of wit or creativity, but I've loved what I've heard from Gravediggaz and Flatlinerz and some of the other early rappers who were associated with the genre. I can't relate to life on the streets, but give me the rap version of a horror movie and I'm like a fly on sh*t.)

2. Wishbone Ash - The King Will Come
(I was a little worried about the length, but I could ride those bluesy guitars riffs for hours.)

3. The Warning - Narcicista
(The live performance likely helped its ranking. Drumming seems complex and exhausting enough on its own, so kudos to the drummer for being able sing so well while playing. I listened to an entire album by this group after @pahaK spoke so highly of them a couple years ago. I remember thinking the album was decent but I didn't like it enough to return to it. Now I kinda want to go back and give it another shot.)

4. Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes to Midnight
(I've always felt like if it's called "2 Minutes to Midnight," the song itself should be two minutes. Maiden is too theatrical and Spinal Tap-like for me to consider them a true favorite, but I never object listening to them.)

5. George Strait - Take Me Back to Tulsa
(Makes me want to grab a gal in some cowboy boots and start square dancing.)

6. Def Leppard - Foolin'
(My Def Leppard "Greatest Hits" CD used to get a lot of play, but at some point I just lost interest in their music. Apparently that feeling hasn't changed because this is doing nothing for me, not even nostalgically.)

7. Mozart - Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major, I Allegro con spirit
(I'm always a little disappointed by those who automatically reject country, or metal, or rap, yet I feel like the one with narrow taste whenever a classical piece is nominated. It's just hard for me to enjoy or appreciate this type of music in this setting. If I was watching an orchestra perform live in person, it'd be different. Here, however, I just found myself hoping that all those piano keys were about to segue into "November Rain.")

8. Dead Confederate - The Rat
(Based on the band name, I expected this to have a southern rock/alt-country/outlaw vibe, and was disappointed instead to find a mediocre garage band botching grunge.)

9. Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love
(I haven't heard much from Sufjan Stevens, although I know he has a very passionate fan base. Like the few other songs I've heard, this is very whispery and quiet. Reminds me of those ocean sounds people use to soothe them to sleep. Not bad, just not my style. I need more volume, more energy.)

10. A Day to Remember - The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle
(Well, at least I can say I've never heard anything quite like this . . . However, judging by this song, there's a good reason for that. The pop-punk, Fall Out Boy-type sound, which I loathe, mixed with extreme metal growls is like a peanut-butter and sh*t sandwich. On the plus side, maybe a band like this can get teenyboppers to branch out and start listening to real metal.)