Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sanatan Shanyal of No. 7 (2019) - 6/10. It's kinda slow. But a good thriller or like more of a drama. The movie just didn't grab me from the start or even after the slow pace set in. But a lot better than what I was watching for the past week.

Pretty Woman (1990)

LA penthouse, Jason Alexander, & 80s telephones.
Wake Up, Time To Shop. I like him SO much.

No Explanation

10.0 / 10

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	prettywoman.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	62793  

Kill Bill Vol. 2 (rewatch): 7/10.

(A note: I admit that due to caption issues, I didn't get everything Pai Mei said, though I did get part of it)

On this second viewing of the film, while I respect what Tarantino was trying to do in terms of doing something different from Vol. 1, ultimately I was somewhat underwhelmed by the film. Now one of my least faves from this director.

Snooze factor = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
A Big Hand for the Little Lady (1966)

I watched this for the 1960s Countdown, and I liked it so much that it made my list. It's on my watchlist to rewatch it for the Westerns Countdown, and I expect it to make my westerns list too.

Probably one that a lot have heard of but have never actually seen. It's too bad, as there's some fun to be had with this short one. For starters - great fx! You get wires, a big inflatable hand, poor looking miniatures being destroyed, dolls, a spherical object restin' in the highway and it's not a piece of the car, etc. Almost every '50's sci-fi/horror film cliche makes an appearance at some point. It does take awhile for the 50 foot woman to happen but that just gives more time for story, character building and all that stoopid movie stuff.

Hacked (2020) - 3.5/10. Got fed up crappy stuff. So found this online, watched it. Out of drain and into the dumpster. This was terrible. Plot conveniences galore. The computer science just doesn't add up. Way too formulaic too drive the good girl vs a bad dude concept. The only thing I can say is that the girl was hot. But the rest, put it in the bin.
What's the poster even mean? He hacked her blouse off?

Less than zero (1987)

This was pretty good and probably pretty ballsy considering the "brat pack" films that were around. The direction is pretty flat which often happens when the novel is adapted for a cinema audience but constantly keeps the interest. I've read the novel which I found a bit hit and miss too so perhaps no surprise. The yuppie/preppie mindset can be put across much better on page though, film ages it vindictively!

Manborg (2011)

I guess the joke's on me as I got fooled to watch this. Just another cinematic doodle that thinks the recipe for a good old-school B-movie is being intentionally bad. Fortunately, it lasts only about an hour so I actually managed to finish it.

One of my favorite movies.

What's the poster even mean? He hacked her blouse off?
I wish I could I could tell you! Forget the poster, the movie made very little sense! I guess the makers were going for "hacker can steal your pics and edit them" kind of a thing!

I wish I could I could tell you! Forget the poster, the movie made very little sense! I guess the makers were going for "hacker can steal your pics and edit them" kind of a thing!
So the premise is basically... Photoshop exists

So the premise is basically... Photoshop exists

There was a scene in the movie where the bad dude, just takes a moving video of a security camera and presses delete, Wala, he is gone. I was like... What The... I do this for a living, and it made my self-worth a big zero!! Editing a video takes hours... Not seconds!

Herbert (2006) - 7.5/10. Found this on Prime, so thought of giving it a try, and it was brilliantly made. The direction is spot on. The acting and all too. A rare gem.

Stepford Wives (1975) - 6.5/10. A very good movie. The movie is slow, very slow. So kinda loses a few points there. But never loses that creepy felling of "something fishy is going on". A good afternoon killer!

The Call Of The Wild (2020)

Onward (2020)

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.