Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I always get nervous revisiting some of my childhood favorites. Are they really as good as I remember? Is my memory about to get crushed? Happy to say that I still like this one.

I love Max Dugan Returns. It's one of those movies that I can watch over and over again, and never get tired of it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Targets (Peter Bogdanovich, 1968)
6.5/10
Overnight Delivery (Jason Bloom, 1998)
5.5/10
The Final Wish (Timothy Woodward Jr. 2018)
5/10
Diva (Jean-Jacques Beineix, 1981)
6/10

Labyrinthine thriller somehow involving opera diva Wilhelmenia Fernandez and her postman fan Frédéric Andréi.
Kensho at the Bedfellow (Brad Raider, 2017)
- 6.5/10
Ed and His Dead Mother (Jonathan Wacks, 1993)
6/10
Pig Hag (Colby Holt & Sam Probst, 2019)
+ 5/10
Angel Has Fallen (Ric Roman Waugh, 2019)
5.5/10

Secret Service agent Gerard Butler protects U.S. President Morgan Freeman during a coup attempt.
Foreman (Chris Perkel, 2017)
+ 6.5/10
Arizona (Jonathan Watson, 2018)
6/10
Necropolis (Bruce Hickey, 1986)
4/10
Stripes (Ivan Reitman, 1981)
+ 6.5/10

A motley crew of army recruits passes basic training and is sent on a mission to West Germant.
The Panama Papers (Alex Winter, 2018)
6.5/10
Code 8 (Jeff Chan, 2019)
6/10
After Darkness (Batan Silva, 2018)
5/10
Wayne's World 2 (Stephen Surjik, 1993)
6.5/10

Garth and Wayne are in total control.
Temple Grandin (Mick Jackson, 2010)
7/10
City of Trees (Alexandra Swarens, 2019)
5.5/10
Gorky Park (Michael Apted, 1983)
- 6.5/10
Child's Play (Lars Klevberg 2010)
+ 6/10

Chucky has a way with words.

Good Ol' Freda (2013)

This is an immensely engaging, informative, and touching documentary by Ryan White about Freda Kelly, who was the long time secretary to the Beatles from their beginning to 10 years later when the group broke up.

Always behind the scenes, she was tireless in her fan club duties and as secretary and assistant to Brian Epstein and the rest of the Beatles organization.

She had resisted telling her story as well as the Beatles' from her point of view for decades. But when her grandson was born, she decided to participate in a frank documentary as a gift to him, and also for posterity.

Her honesty and integrity very much shines through in this production. She's not the least braggadocious nor does she pose as a celebrity. The interviews and recaps of the glory days of the Beatles are simply a frank and fascinating story of a group and a family.

Available on Amazon and certain streaming facilities.

Doc's rating: 9/10
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	imageedit_1_9014448445.png
Views:	475
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	62712  

Waiting for Extraction movie from Netflix

Good Ol' Freda (2013)
Loved it.

Targets (Peter Bogdanovich, 1968)
6.5/10
Overnight Delivery (Jason Bloom, 1998)
5.5/10
The Final Wish (Timothy Woodward Jr. 2018)
5/10
Diva (Jean-Jacques Beineix, 1981)
6/10
I had been aware of the film Targets before, but recently I've grown a lot more interested in seeing it after reading this Quentin Tarantino "review" of it - https://thenewbev.com/tarantinos-reviews/targets/

I say "review" because if you read it you'll see it's more of an article explaining the film's conception, really fascinating stuff. I'm guessing you're probably quite aware of most of what he's talking about anyway but it's great to read through his enthusiasm and passion for film in these pieces he's now done for his cinema website.

Scream (1996) - 5/10. Somehow I do feel this movie hasn't aged well. Probably coz it's a re-watch and I know what is going to happen. Even if it was a first time watch I probably wouldn't score it more than a 5. The grainy pictures of the 70s and 80s and ketchup blood made the genre a bit repetitive and dull but charming none the less.

I have get out of this crappy movies spree that I am on during the lockdown!

The Seduction of Dr. Fugazzi (2009) - 2/10. Lame excuse for a movie. Makes no sense. Clearly the director/writer/producer/lead actress doesn't have a clue what she is doing. I think she understands sex sells, so stuff the movie with it. And I have no clue what Faye Dunaway is doing in this pile of garbage. Did she need the paycheck so badly??
Credit to the producer to even convince her to join the cast.

Avengers End Game 100 out of 100

Bronson (2008)

Stylized film about Britain's "most dangerous criminal".

Seems like Refn doing a bit of a Guy Ritchie but was passable. Use of Scott Walkers "The Electrician" was best thing about it.

At my age I'd just heard about and seen Jack Nicholson in pics such as Batman and Eastwick...this film blew my socks off and dug further...glad I did.

Good movie but was ready for it to end right about when it did. Liked the acting, wouldn't mind seeing Adam do some more serious stuff, liked the pace, never a dull moment however I cannot relate to the addiction of a gambler so some of it was like, seriously?

Good movie but was ready for it to end right about when it did. Liked the acting, wouldn't mind seeing Adam do some more serious stuff, liked the pace, never a dull moment however I cannot relate to the addiction of a gambler so some of it was like, seriously?
I really enjoyed this film, the pace pulls you right into what they're experiencing, and from my knowledge, the real life adrenaline rush involved in gambling. Unfortunately quite a few people I know suffer from gambling problems, so I could definitely relate to it. People really are that infuriating when they became almost enchanted like the characters in the film. Loved the music at the end credits.

Uncut Gems is a fantastic film indeed. One of the best I've seen this year so far.

Good Times was great as well by the way. Really excited to see where the Safdie Brothers are going next.

The Master (2012)

I'm glad to say I've seen this movie, because Hoffman and Phoenix are extraordinary on screen together. However, the plot itself didn't draw me in as much as I'd like. I can understand the portrayal of themes (WWII societal tones and attitudes, cult conformity), but in the end it didn't feel very substantial.

The Master (2012)

I'm glad to say I've seen this movie, because Hoffman and Phoenix are extraordinary on screen together. However, the plot itself didn't draw me in as much as I'd like. I can understand the portrayal of themes (WWII societal tones and attitudes, cult conformity), but in the end it didn't feel very substantial.
Hoffman deserved a second Oscar for this one.

Hacked (2020) - 3.5/10. Got fed up crappy stuff. So found this online, watched it. Out of drain and into the dumpster. This was terrible. Plot conveniences galore. The computer science just doesn't add up. Way too formulaic too drive the good girl vs a bad dude concept. The only thing I can say is that the girl was hot. But the rest, put it in the bin.

Satyaneshi Byomkesh (2019) - 6.7/10. Now this was good. A competently detective story based on the series of novels. Well acted, well made thriller. Made my afternoon alright. There were parts that could have been cut, didn't do much to the main plot. But otherwise enjoyable.

Sorry couldn't find an English poster for the movie!!