Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Hell Night (1981) - 3/10. This movie was boring. More walking around on tip toes rather than any sense of menace or anything. Not good, just a bad story. The setup of the story is good, but the rest is just awful.

Gretel & Hansel (2020)

With his third film, Oz Perkins continues his downward trend (February is great and I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House is good). This retelling of a familiar fairy tale has some nice moments but unlike his prior films, it fails to maintain the atmosphere for the whole movie. It's disjointed, visually uneven and only passable acted (especially the boy playing Hansel was quite bad, also hated Gretel's narration). Quite a disappointment, really.

I always get nervous revisiting some of my childhood favorites. Are they really as good as I remember? Is my memory about to get crushed? Happy to say that I still like this one.

aka Camping Terror. A slasher film near the end of the slasher craze. Had expected a bit more from it seeing that it's a Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust) flick. It's silly, the kills are ok, nothing special, has a good looking cast and it's a bit of a mystery without any clues ala the original Friday the 13th or My Bloody Valentine which is nice. Stars the Cave Girl from the major motion picture Cavegirl, once again sporting her wonderful Dyan Cannon 80's curly 'do.

ONWARD
(2020)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Such an iconic scene!!!!!!!!
How cool to see the quote from Jesus Christ Superstar in your signature. I appeared in two different productions of the show. Once I played Judas and once I was in the chorus. Absolutely love the show.

Account terminated on request
How cool to see the quote from Jesus Christ Superstar in your signature. I appeared in two different productions of the show. Once I played Judas and once I was in the chorus. Absolutely love the show.
Really? WOW! What companies, or schools? Judas is a demanding role. The thing that made this show particularly stellar (besides the obvious Webber & Rice combination) was that it was essentially using the Gospel of Judas *way* ahead of its acceptance. It was "around" in concept for a while, but only recently started picking up serious speed because they actually found a copy of the thing. Brilliant play end-to-end.

One more thing: The thing I try to explain to people about "Broadway" is that you see and hear people that nail the precise note for a living to a degree you'll rarely encounter anywhere ever. Chest voice, head voice, screeching, .....all dead on.

See Les Miserables with a production that uses a rotating stage, and you'll want to go back and see it 40 times.

This needs its own thread in off-topic land here.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Really? What companies, or schools? Judas is a demanding role. The thing that made this show particularly stellar (besides the obvious Webber & Rice combination) was that it was essentially using the Gospel of Judas *way* ahead of its acceptance. It was "around" in concept for a while, but only recently started picking up serious speed because they actually found a copy of the thing. Brilliant play end-to-end.

One more thing: The thing I try to explain to people about "Broadway" is that you see and hear people that nail the precise note for a living to a degree you'll rarely encounter anywhere ever. Chest voice, head voice, screeching, .....all dead on.

See Les Miserables with a production that uses a rotating stage, and you'll want to go back and see it 40 times. I always buy row 11 or 12 center orch. to preserve the memories.

This needs its own thread in off-topic land here.

I actually played Judas in high school. We were the first high school to ever do a production of the show. I love having discovered another theater geek on this site...there is probably so much we could talk about.

Snooze factor = Z

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

You haven't seen it though? You should watch it right away! In my opinion the three greatest war movies I've seen are Come and See, Stalingrad, and The Cranes Are Flying.
I saw cranes are flying. Did you knew that the movie was banned in russia and it's director was sentenced to jail.

Gosford Park
A murder mystery that is basically about rich snobby people in a mansion having endless boring conversations. Seriously the first half of this film seems to be about nothing, i get that it is introducing all the characters and setting things up but it is so tedious and there is way to many needless characters in this. After the murder finally happens it picks up the pace by a millimeter, and after another round of boring conversations the killer is reveled but by then i had stopped caring. It you are a huge Downton Abbey fan you will probably love this as its written by the same guy