Coronavirus

Tools    

Wimbledone.

I'll see myself out.
This is good for stopping the spread of the Corona virus because a Scottish kilt-maker told me that the virus has a nefarious plan... they mean to win Wimbledon!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Wimbledone.

I'll see myself out.
Preposterous! *deletes my run-on sentence full of alliterated Ps*

That really should have been a Wimbledome reference. =\
*points to the loudspeaker before it echoes Tina Turner's Mastah-Blastah*

(I will follow your exit lead now)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Holy Mother of God, I just returned from a quick visit to Family Dollar for bleach. Not the most attractive place even on a good day. Shelves are a total mess & there is never a sign of management.

So the store was so over-heated & the air was fuggy with germs. I could hardly breathe. Loads of people in there & nobody social-distancing. Horrified to see the 2 very nice cashiers not wearing masks or gloves. Especially gloves. Can hardly imagine the number of germs one would encounter working a full shift. (Just handling the money could kill you.)

Horrifying. A total breeding ground for COVID-19. I could not get out of there fast enough. My ‘hood just doesn’t get it.

I had a little renewed hope when I went to the store last week and was able to get 1 pack of TP, 1 roll of paper towels & 1 bottle of bleach (all generic store brands) - but today the shelves for all paper products were stripped, no bleach, rubbing alcohol or disinfectant cleaners again.

The baking aisle was also stripped (no brownies this month!)

Wonder if this was another reaction to the shutdown being extended another month?

P.S. The local newspaper had an article about the parking lot of our local ShopRite - some segment of the populace had literally covered the area with discarded masks & rubber gloves to the point the police had to be called! (My guess is the litterers are probably the same people hoarding TP!)

Not sure who said it most recently - but someone in the news said crisises like this reveal the best of us... and the worst! Very true.

Holy Mother of God, I just returned from a quick visit to Family Dollar for bleach. Not the most attractive place even on a good day. Shelves are a total mess & there is never a sign of management.

So the store was so over-heated & the air was fuggy with germs. I could hardly breathe. Loads of people in there & nobody social-distancing. Horrified to see the 2 very nice cashiers not wearing masks or gloves. Especially gloves. Can hardly imagine the number of germs one would encounter working a full shift. (Just handling the money could kill you.)

Horrifying. A total breeding ground for COVID-19. I could not get out of there fast enough. My ‘hood just doesn’t get it.
Our Family Doller closed in our state, Maybe one left in morgantown WV. But most closed. We have Doller Trees and Dollor General More of now. But some stores are ran pretty dirty in some places.

... The local newspaper had an article about the parking lot of our local ShopRite - some segment of the populace had literally covered the area with discarded masks & rubber gloves to the point the police had to be called!...
Pictures or it didn't happen

The local newspaper had an article about the parking lot of our local ShopRite - some segment of the populace had literally covered the area with discarded masks & rubber gloves to the point the police had to be called! (My guess is the litterers are probably the same people hoarding TP!
Disgusting.

Our Family Doller closed in our state, Maybe one left in morgantown WV. But most closed. We have Doller Trees and Dollor General More of now. But some stores are ran pretty dirty in some places.
We’ve got quite a few. Ours wasn’t as bad before. But the shelves are a train wreck. Boxes of stuff all over the floor.

BAD NEWS IN CONNECTICUT: six-week old baby has died. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

I was mistaken (or maybe it was in the paper, I don't know because I don't read the newspaper) - it was on News12 NJ...

http://www.news12.com/story/41960659...g-parking-lots
Oh! you quoted me before I could fix my spelling error.

Question: with mask in utter short supply, where would people get these at, and why would they discard them so readily?

Oh! you quoted me before I could fix my spelling error.

Question: with mask in utter short supply, where would people get these at, and why would they discard them so readily?
Good question!
I found a few old dust masks (for carpentry or painting) in my car - they are so old that the elastic bands that hold them on your ears have disintegrated! I don't have any rubber bands to try to "fix" them (and the office stores are closed)... maybe I can use string? But I imagine they'd be a very loose fit with string.

Good question!
I found a few old dust masks (for carpentry or painting) in my car - they are so old that the elastic bands that hold them on your ears have disintegrated! I don't have any rubber bands to try to "fix" them (and the office stores are closed)... maybe I can use string? But I imagine they'd be a very loose fit with string.
I wonder if it was medical people doing that. I mean I have a couple of mask for sanding and I'm treating those like they're made out of gold!

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Currently in the U.S.

Coronavirus cases: 214,482

Deaths: 5,094, R.I.P.

Recovered: 8,878

The difference between the number of those recovering exceeds the number of deaths. The majority of deaths are in New York (2,219).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Currently in the U.S.

Coronavirus cases: 214,482

Deaths: 5,094, R.I.P.

Recovered: 8,878

The difference between the number of those recovering exceeds the number of deaths. The majority of deaths are in New York (2,219).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
On the global level, the number of recoveries is 5 TIMES that of deaths! The U.S. will catch up soon.

Also to remember (the Gov. of NJ touched on this today in an address so don't get mad at me)... some of the deaths include people already suffering terminal illnesses or at the end of life in nursing homes & hospices.

Not that it's consolation to the surviving relatives, but these are people who had only days or weeks to live without Covid19. In some cases the virus only hastened what was a very near & certain end.

Just putting a perspective on the death count - it includes one demographic that would have been counted anyway, but perhaps only slightly sooner than would have been the case without the virus.

Not trying to top Captain here, but an opposite take was reported today.

Italy’s Coronavirus Death Toll Is Far Higher Than Reported
New story link

"
In the town of Coccaglio, an hour’s drive east of here, the local nursing home lost over a third of its residents in March. None of the 24 people who died there were tested for the new coronavirus. Nor were the 38 people who died in another nursing home in the nearby town of Lodi.These aren’t isolated incidents. Italy’s official death toll from the virus stands at 13,155, the most of any country in the world. But that number tells only part of the story because many people who die from the virus don’t make it to the hospital and are never tested."

Disgusting.

We’ve got quite a few. Ours wasn’t as bad before. But the shelves are a train wreck. Boxes of stuff all over the floor.

BAD NEWS IN CONNECTICUT: six-week old baby has died. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
New Borns are at risk during this time because a child not really got an immune system till after there first Shots. Toddlers and New Borns need watched really close now.

You ready? You look ready.
Yeah, from the sounds of how it progresses once you cross into a certain group you’re pretty much done. It just destroys the lungs to the point that they can’t recover, and this can happen in a matter of days. So one day you’re coughing and the next you’re laying in bed not wanting to move.

I forgot to add that whatever I had in March depleted me of water so much that it took a couple days of steady fluids to get back on the positive side of the ledger, and usually with the flu you’re losing fluids for certain disgusting reasons. I had none of that. I just couldn’t get up to get water and I had a fever that had me dripping in sweat.

I can easily see how if an older person went through what I did how it could go bad real quick.

I had a small order I was dropping off today to a liquor store I deliver at every week. When I was leaving, a woman I didn't recognize and who must be the owner, approached me thanking me and trying to give me a bill. I said it wasn't necessary and that it was one of my favorite stops. She insisted and put it in my sweatshirt pocket. When I got in the truck I saw that it was a hundred dollar bill. There's a lot of negative talk going on about people, and understandably so, but there's also a lot of kindness happening.

Good question!
Duct tape

There's a lot of negative talk going on about people, and understandably so, but there's also a lot of kindness happening.
Quite right, there's huge kindnesses going on at the moment - both the very best and worst of society are on display right now. Thankfully from what I've been witness to the best appears to far outweigh the worst.

And don't forget to 'isolate' that bill for a few days before touching it