Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
All I know is when the American version of the Chinese social credit score finally hits our shores that these asshats that hoarded toilet paper get a sizable ding to their score.

Like I wanna see the rich dick hoarders stuck buying coach plane tickets because they bought too much hand sanitizer and toilet paper.

Then I’ll believe in a just world.

The fact that it makes you uncomfortable is probably all the more reason why you should go. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's something you eventually get used to doing. If you're not comfortable confessing to your priest, go to another priest at a different parish. Doing that which makes you uncomfortable makes you stronger.
I’ve never gotten used to it. This last time will be my last time. As soon as the priest hears my British accent he knows it’s me. I could go someplace else, I know.

There’s a non sequitur if ever I saw one.

Guap what methodology did you use to come up with 150 million for #2 scenario? Did you calculate that yourself? Or from the internet.
The world has about 7.5 billion people. The coronavirus is expected to infect something like 50 or 75% of the population of Germany, UK, US, if it is not suppressed. Its mortality rate is about 1% if the health system is not overwhelmed but if the health system cannot accommodate most people with the virus then the fatality rate goes up to 3-4%. If 50 to 75% of the world is infected and the fatality rate is 3-4% then roughly 113 million to 225 million would die. That represents an upper bound estimate on how many could die.

Recent evidence shows that the virus fatality rate is lower as many more people are infected but have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. So the upper bound should be re-estimated when we have better statistics. Germany is doing random testing to estimate actual mortality rates so we have to wait for their data. Overall it first appears that the fatality rate is closer to 0.2-0.3% instead of 1% so the upper bound in global fatalities is now estimated to be about 40 million.

*edit: grammar

This is a page from This Day, which is a little book of Roman Catholic prayers & readings for every day of the month. These are written months before current events & are mailed out every month. In my cupboard right now I already have April & May. So there’s no mention of the coronavirus.

But this is what’s odd. Here’s a photo of a page from today’s prayers. It seems so prescient & strange that this randomly popped up today.

Another thing that’s worrying about all this is that, at least where I live, doctors are cancelling annual physicals. Most likely this year I will not have an annual physical, see my ob/Gyn, have a mammogram, or have my eyes examined. I expect my dermatologist’s office any day now to cancel my annual visit at the end of April.

I'm still taking issue with "curfews."

Yes, I understand them for urban areas - they can have curfews occassionally for a variety of reasons.
But for the suburbs? With no places open to congregate, the only places to go at night are the streets - and the only people using the streets after dark are walkers, joggers, exercisers and dog-walkers: none of them in close proximity to each other and operating alone (or in the same pairs or groups that already live together indoors) in the safest environmnet you can be in right now - the outdoors.

I will keep "breaking curfew" for my 9:00 pm walk (probably the only thing keeping me sane and not moridly obese right now... and especialy after I skipped the last 2 nights due to rain).

I’ve never gotten used to it. This last time will be my last time. As soon as the priest hears my British accent he knows it’s me. I could go someplace else, I know.
Just out of curiosity what kind of stuff would you be confessing to a priest? All I know of it is from movies.

You ready? You look ready.
Just out of curiosity what kind of stuff would you be confessing to a priest? All I know of it is from movies.
Ya know, the usual stuff. Murdering people who ask that question and wearing them as a skin suit.

Ya know, the usual stuff. Murdering people who ask that question and wearing them as a skin suit.
Ed Gein's priest committed suicide!

(joke: I doubt Ed Gein was even Catholic)

Ha, but what would the average non-murderer have to say? Seriously I want to know.
"I had carnal thoughts about Mary Jane when she wore that dress cut above the knee at late mass last Saturday."

People in WV must be different animals of people cause if born here you generally live and die here. Now some modern generations do go to other places thinking it will be better but during my parents and and there parents we all lived here and never went anywhere.

We live one day at a time and clean the yard and prepared for gardens and live as tomarrow will be no different.
this week all seen was people on riding mowers and lots people fishing in boats.

Maybe its big city people that feel the need to panic because of all the bad news. My aunt lives in the country and her stance was it gets you it does. Country people just i guess dont panic.

I have to say in all honesty that I never understand a single one of this person’s posts. It must be me though.
Dog
Cat
Horse
Elephant
Bear
Penguin
Wolf
Duck
Girrafe
Hedgehog

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Did anyone else read about this dad in New York who locked his son out of the house because he went on a Spring Break trip?

Coronavirus-panicked dad locks son out of house after spring break trip

Well this thing finally hit close to us. My mother inlaw and my wife's nephew (they live in same house) have tested positive. They both live on Long Island. Tommy (nephew) is around 10 years old and has asthma already so I hope there are no issues there. My mother-in-law has been sick and has been desperately trying to get them all tested but she is still working. She is a teacher and is working from home doing online education stuff. There are 3 other people in the home and they are all quarantined understandably.

Their spirits seem good but my wife is very worried. I hope everything turns out fine and I am trying to stay positive for Devorah. I am looking into trying to send them a care package so I hope I can do that soon.

Hope everyone stays safe out there, be smart .

Sorry to hear, hope everyone comes through ok. My brother-in-law was tested the other day and the whole family of 8 quarantined, still waiting to hear the results.