Coronavirus

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Ppl must be bored
Hey, MovieGal, I'm short of breath, and it's either Corona or you look stunning!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Why is it called COVID-19? Why 19?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Why is it called COVID-19? Why 19?
I think it's an acronym for Coronavirus disease 2019

Coronaviruses were named in 1968 for their appearance in electron micrographs which was reminiscent of the solar corona, corona meaning crown in Latin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coro...s_disease_2019

Did you guys know that viruses have been around for at least 300 million years? And that they border on being alive? They can't reproduce on their own but require a host to assimilate their DNA and reprogram the host cells to create my viral copies. That makes them Borg like...

Did you guys know that viruses have been around for at least 300 million years? And that they border on being alive? They can't reproduce on their own but require a host to assimilate their DNA and reprogram the host cells to create my viral copies. That makes them Borg like...
I met one of those virus bugs... I named him Hu... after he began to use his new name and refer to himself in the first person singular, I felt bad about having to destroy him by wiping him off the toilet seat with bleach!

Hey, MovieGal, I'm short of breath, and it's either Corona or you look stunning!
luv ya too My Pancake King.... Stay safe and healthy!

Any Chance we wont get the so called STimulus checks until Christmas or something. Or Congress will need a bill to deside when poor people get the checks

Another cruise ship affected (MS Zaandam) I see this morning. Feel really sorry for those on seagoing vessels which are impacted - many of us now know how it feels to be 'caged up' in our own houses for a while but I imagine that's a picnic compared to being pretty much confined to a tiny cabin ..... especially an inside one.

Well not really caged up because you still get to go to see doctors or go to get food items for the Store. Truth is worst part here is you can get what you want to eat cause where i live there is never any corn meal flour or chicken meat yogurt or ice cream. You gotta be on time to just get eggs and butter.

Yeah, that's why I put caged up in ' '. I'll eat whatever we can get, though tbh as yet we've only encountered the odd item that's temporarily unavailable and they've all been easily substitutable.

But In a Since Smaller places like where we live dont have the food trucks to bring all we need here. because the bigger places gets the better food stalkings. We all know whole world short on toilet paper and flour products. I wonder if the food is suddenly back in stores better when the stimulus goes out or online places say fully stalk was the shortegies just a scam by political people to get bills passed

Is hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin about to be fast tracked? Start prescribing off label? My understanding of these reports is they "cure" MOST of the patients while also reducing the time infected patients act as carriers. French doctors have been using this combination on a few patients and:

"There is a critical and urgent need for an effective treatment in order to cure symptomatic patients but also to decrease the duration of virus carriage and thus limit transmission in the community...The shortest observed duration of viral shedding among survivors was eight days, whereas the longest was 37 days (18). Therefore, a treatment enabling the viral carriage to be cleared and COVID-patients to be clinically cured at an early stage would help limit the transmission of the virus.

"Twenty cases were treated in this study and showed a significant reduction of the viral carriage at D6-post inclusion compared to controls, and much lower average carrying duration than reported of untreated patients in the literature. Azithromycin added to hydroxychloroquine was significantly more efficient for virus elimination.

Conclusion

"Despite its small sample size our survey shows that hydroxychloroquine treatment is significantly associated with viral load reduction/disappearance in COVID-19 patients and its effect is reinforced by azithromycin."

So far they have released two reports.
First report (20 participants):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/186B...IlWSHnGbj/view

Second report (80 participants):
https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...ID-IHU-2-1.pdf

In related news, Mylan is ramping up production of Hydroxychloroquine:

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-re...eds-2020-03-19

And finally maybe someone in New York has heard of this? I couldn't find anything online linking to official reports so it may be nothing but I did find the Dr and he is in New York.

Yeah, I'm starting to see these hydroxychloroquine studies pop back up in to the discussion. Should be interesting to see if it the trials can be reproducible.

People where I live Idea of Quarantine is cutting grass with riding mowers and cutting up tree limbs and so on for wood chips for there gardens next month.

People where I live Idea of Quarantine is cutting grass with riding mowers and cutting up tree limbs and so on for wood chips for there gardens next month.
Tick season is kicking, got a couple on me yesterday. It's like we're not safe anywhere.