Coronavirus

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Forgive me. Coffee is still only slowly kicking in. What are you referring to?
Sorry, I am up and down here at work and just now getting a chance to address this. Yoda pretty much already responded in a similar way to how I would respond. My point is that people are freaking out when seeing the numbers, as if the virus is suddenly raging out of control, when instead, we are just now bringing evidence to light that it was never really under control, and that perhaps a larger portion of people with the virus have little or no symptoms.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
and that perhaps a larger portion of people with the virus have little or no symptoms.
I hope it stays that way. The less people experience symptoms the better.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Sorry, I am up and down here at work and just now getting a chance to address this. Yoda pretty much already responded in a similar way to how I would respond. My point is that people are freaking out when seeing the numbers, as if the virus is suddenly raging out of control, when instead, we are just now bringing evidence to light that it was never really under control, and that perhaps a larger portion of people with the virus have little or no symptoms.
^thx II, the Sequel'ning.
(to relate this all to movies, somehow)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
I hope it stays that way. The less people experience symptoms the better.
Especially if it helps to ramp up herd immunity to the virus, which I am fairly sure we need to happen eventually.

Is it wrong to really want Nepal to go back to having just the one case that fully recovered?
Them losing their 'green' status on Worldometers a few days back strangely made me sadder than all the horrible numbers being reported elsewhere. For me they were a beacon of light in a sea of blackness.

Really hoping somewhere can hit a 100% recovery rate again, even if only briefly.

The herd immunity hypothesis is not a given that it will take place and protect the overall population. The coronavirus is so new that its behavior in the population can't be predicted accurately. There's no hard evidence that someone who has recovered from coronavirus has immunity from future re-infections. Though it's possible that they could develop some form of immunity. On the other hand it's also possible coronavirus could, like some flu strains, mutant each season and so be able to reinfect people.

With highly contagious viruses like measles, 90% of the population needs to have immunity to prevent big outbreaks. With social distancing and shelter in place programs, people will be less likely to come in contact with coronavirus, meaning there will be a large percentage of the population who will still be at risk for catching coronavirus in the future.

Once a vaccine has been found it will take 18 months for testing before being available to the general population. Then the manufactures have to ramp up production and get 100's of millions of people vacationed, before the coronavirus can be stopped. Two years of this pandemic is possible and that's if they can find a vaccine quickly, otherwise it could be longer.

I'm not trying to be dismal about this, but I am trying to be realistic. All over the internet and media I see people trying to grapple with this frighting pandemic and I see a lot of myths popping up like warm weather will kill the virus off...It's best to be informed, take precautions and find solace in what ever type of inner strength or faith one has...and keep your fingers crossed too.

I see people are putting teddy bears in their windows. Is there some significance to this?

I saw the prince might have the Virus I bet Corona tried to infect the queen but died because she will age but never die.
The Queen of England will die one day, but let’s not go there. Morbid thoughts.

You're a nurse right?
What ever gave you the idea that I’m a nurse?

I get a sense that we might be in this till something as long as early June, unless we are fortunate and find a specific cure before that.
In my mind, this entire year will be devoted to the coronavirus. I see no escape from it in 2020.

It's not proven that warm weather will kill CV or even slow it down. It might cause more people to gather in groups and further spread it.
This is the problem where I live. Predominantly Spanish & they’re now “coming out of the woodwork”, as it were because the winter is over. I see no evidence at all that they understand exactly what social distancing is or that they are taking precautions. They are happy gregarious people, but this is not the time to be in gatherings.

Today I had a cough or rather have had a cough since winter and since a cat of ours had 6 kittens and couldnt get rid of them.
For the love of God get your cat fixed! That’s why there are stray cats!

It's being reported that 1000s of people in Iran drank methanol falsely believing it would prevent them from catching coronavirus, so far over 300 of them have died.
Are you kidding me!!!

Well, it's hit home.

My sister-in-law has caught it.
She's a nurse with the NHS.

My brother though, if he gets it, which he probably will now... he has a heart condition.
Family is crossing fingers and toes atm.