Coronavirus

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Oh, geez, I'd sure hope so. Some of the more pessimistic death rates are a few percentage points, though by "recovered" do you mean only among those who had to be hospitalized?
I keep checking the numbers thinking it's a misprint. It's a big change over the numbers I posted earlier today. It could be that those who were hospitalized for having breathing problems have recovered. I really don't know. But I'll keep an eye on these numbers.

You ready? You look ready.
Assault with a deadly weapon. A felony.
I'm not joking. You can legitimately get brought up on terrorism charges.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...r-citing-virus

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ist-threat-for
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Best watch out: That's how ya get brought up on terrorism charges.
Why're you telling me to watch out? I suggest you re-read my post.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Best watch out: That's how ya get brought up on terrorism charges.
Why're you telling me to watch out? I suggest you re-read my post.
I'm pretty sure John McClane meant the indefinite form of 'you' and not the personal form. I believe he was agreeing with your post.

I'm pretty sure John McClane meant the indefinite form of 'you' and not the personal form. I believe he was agreeing with your post.
He'd have been better using 'they' then, avoids any possible confuddlement.

All kewl as long as nobody was suggesting I'm akin to those scuzzballs.

He'd have been better using 'they' then, avoids any possible confuddlement.

All kewl as long as nobody was suggesting I'm akin to those scuzzballs.
Bingo and bingo.

I'm so used to the indefinite form of you, and I save they for other situations.

I wasn't allowed to use "you" the entire time I was in college, so I'll be damned if I stop now that I can use it. You just gotta deal with it.

A system of cells interlinked

I wasn't allowed to use "you" the entire time I was in college,
I make it a point everyday to smash the Overton window any chance I get.

Bingo and bingo.

I'm so used to the indefinite form of you, and I save they for other situations.

I wasn't allowed to use "you" the entire time I was in college, so I'll be damned if I stop now that I can use it. You just gotta deal with it.
No problem dealing with it. I'll just call you out every time there's an implied slur as a result

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
sl'your?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Problem with Americans is and modern generation is they have no fear so when told to do something they ignore it because now young adults have no fear and thats because modern era has no fear because never feared the belt or switch. Americans have bunch of kids unless in the army dont listen to anyone because dont listen at home.

Saddest thing will be 3 years after this is over there will be memes and show an ugly side to the fact humans have short memories and move onto the next big event. and forget those effected by it. We remember 9-11 because news wont let us forget.

Problem with Americans is and modern generation is they have no fear so when told to do something they ignore it because now young adults have no fear and thats because modern era has no fear because never feared the belt or switch. Americans have bunch of kids unless in the army dont listen to anyone because dont listen at home.

Saddest thing will be 3 years after this is over there will be memes and show an ugly side to the fact humans have short memories and move onto the next big event. and forget those effected by it. We remember 9-11 because news wont let us forget.
Gross generalization and over simplification.

Government leaders had data in front of them that told them this was going to be bad, but their only concern was how it would affect the free market. I’m honestly surprised that Trump didn’t take this virus as an opportunity to shut down our boarders at the outset of the Wuhan news.

If he had, no one would be criticizing him now. And if they were it’s because they don’t know the first thing about biology and propagation.

Wasnt trying to be gross its quite clear the people wanting to not stay home were people that didnt listen to anyone. I apologize if came off Gross.

Most tragic thing is people will move onto next disaster after this bad time ends.

Gross generalization and over simplification.

Government leaders had data in front of them that told them this was going to be bad, but their only concern was how it would affect the free market. I’m honestly surprised that Trump didn’t take this virus as an opportunity to shut down our boarders at the outset of the Wuhan news.

If he had, no one would be criticizing him now. And if they were it’s because they don’t know the first thing about biology and propagation.
The borders should have been shut down on 9/12/2001 and not reopened until all immigration issues were sorted out and the system was revised and reformed.

I was looking at a local neighborhood web site and someone made a post that said while they were out walking their dog, they saw one of their neighbors having a huge party - dozens of cars all up & down the street in front of the house & in the driveway - loud music playing, lots of murmuring voices inside & out, etc.

They said they "reported" it. (I guess that means the called the police? The post never went into detail, only said a few hours later the cars were gone and the noise had stopped).

I took my neighbor's dog for a walk last night (as I do each week), passed one house with a big Brazilian flag and a sign on the door in large colorful letters saying "Tutto Andra Bene!"

Also passed a wooden fence that had a giant, yellow "Emoji Ball" stuck between it's slats (it was a smiley-tongue-out face) - written in black marker on it was "We'll get through this!"

I will only say I have a suspicious nature so my mind goes to crazy corners in times like these. And you thought I was just going to blurt it out?

Nope, not happening.

I will only say I have a suspicious nature so my mind goes to crazy corners in times like these. And you thought I was just going to blurt it out?

Nope, not happening.
Don't know what that means - but you get a thumbs up for piquing the interest!

Oops! Didn't realize you sent a PM when I typed that last line.
Yes, lots of theories (nothing is impossible these days).
I won't believe or support anything without sufficient evidence or until verified, but at the same time I won't rule anything out either.