Coronavirus

Tools    

Some possible details about the stimulus. Bad news is they probably can't get this many checks out fast enough to provide immediate help, could be over a month:

Lawmakers struck a $2 trillion stimulus deal early Wednesday that includes sending checks directly to individuals amid the coronavirus crisis -- but it will likely take until at least May before the money goes out.

Under the plan as it was being negotiated, single Americans would receive $1,200, married couples would get $2,400, and parents would see $500 for each child under age 17.
However, the payments would start to phase out for individuals with adjusted gross incomes of more than $75,000, and those making more than $99,000 would not qualify at all. The thresholds are doubled for couples.

About 90% of Americans would be eligible to receive full or partial payments, according to estimates by the Tax Policy Center. Lawmakers set aside $250 billion for the so-called recovery rebates.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've been off work for going on 2 weeks now.

I saw a tweet from Marvel saying that you should watch Avengers Infinity War, then go outside right after the SNAP to experience what it's like.

Suspect's Reviews

Heh, clever.

Regarding the checks taking awhile, I guess it still works pretty well in that it's fast enough for people to put things on a credit card for awhile and still have the money in time to pay it off.

You ready? You look ready.
Heh, clever.

Regarding the checks taking awhile, I guess it still works pretty well in that it's fast enough for people to put things on a credit card for awhile and still have the money in time to pay it off.
Provided they are already have a credit card. Or can even get one. Or have available balance. Not ideal, but I get what you're saying.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I washed my hands before eating, and made the classic mistake of not wiping my mouth with the paper towel.
Not a mistake you really want to make, with the growing ratio of severe cases.
It seemed like 1 in 700, now it's probably 1 in 200. Luckily, I haven't been around coughing peeps.

It is being said in India that it will be less affected because it has herd immunity to malaria. Chloroquine which works in coronavirus is an anti malarial drug.

It is being said in India that it will be less affected because it has herd immunity to malaria. Chloroquine which works in coronavirus is an anti malarial drug.
Just to be 100% safe, nobody reading this should self-medicate with Choloroquine. IIRC it's lethal if not taken in the correct (small) dosage, and I think we already had one person fall to this.

So, by all means, cautious optimism that we have means to fight it, but only if done by a medical professional.

Are liquor stores staying open? (They're kind of an "essential service" for some.)
Yes, they are. I read that they are afraid of what certain people will do if they can’t get booze. Go postal, maybe?

Truck drivers are the backbone of industry. Without them the world would shut down.
Exactly.

Most Dentists have closed up shop - but what if you have an emergency? (M.D.'s, urgent care and hospitals don't do dentistry.)
Haven’t checked with my dentist, but here in CT they are staying open.

Please, mister, what’s a DVD store?

@Yoda
You too my friend. The same to all the Americans and Brits in here. We will all come out victorious from this huge battle.
Let’s not forget all our friends from around the world who post here.

Horrible horrible news coming out of Spain.
Wait, what happened?

Just to be 100% safe, nobody reading this should self-medicate with Choloroquine. IIRC it's lethal if not taken in the correct (small) dosage, and I think we already had one person fall to this.
Forget which state, but it was a married couple in their sixties. She read about it someplace & she & her old man both took it. He’s dead & she’s in critical care.

Meh, Chas is just copying the Prince of Monaco who's had it for a number of days now.

Frickin’ sad. This Italian nurse killed herself when she was diagnosed with the virus fearing she had contaminated many others. R.I.P.

Walked up to the drive-thru window at McDonald's today. I could have went to Subway but I had a coupon for a free Big Mac.

After my last stop I always get an ice coffee at Dunkin'. Due to the circumstances, I went to one inside a gas station/convenience store. While waiting for my treat, I noticed the girl at the gas/convenience register handing things to customers and taking money with her bare hands. Then the girl in my section comes with my coffee, holding it and shaking it with her bare hands. During these times, shouldn't there be some kind of law that people with these types of jobs should wear gloves? Or is that useless if the virus can stick to gloves?

I tried reading the so called Stimulus bill and I got a head ache and stopped because none of it really made any since for helping the poor other then sends out checks for some. When Trump first said Stimulus he made it sound like all poor would get one. But seems like the term if qualify will get stimulus

⬆️ Jeez, I guess these people forgot their Roman Catholic faith.

R.I.P. to those poor souls.

Frickin’ sad. This Italian nurse killed herself when she was diagnosed with the virus fearing she had contaminated many others. R.I.P.

This breaks the heart. This is why people of all nations should been working together when learned this was capable of spreading and stopping rejecting China help.

I tried reading the so called Stimulus bill and I got a head ache and stopped because none of it really made any since for helping the poor other then sends out checks for some. When Trump first said Stimulus he made it sound like all poor would get one. But seems like the term if qualify will get stimulus
Surely you personally will receive a check for $1,200. As a married couple with a qualifying income, me & my old man will receive $2,400.

To tell the truth, we don’t need it & I wonder if they’ll give us the option of declining so the money can be best used elsewhere.