R.I.P. Kenny Rogers

Tools    

We all have to fold in the end.
He'll be missed.
Requiescat in pace Kenny!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town

Really shocked at how sad I am.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I grew up listening to Kenny Rogers' music, and I can't even remember a time when I wasn't a fan of his. I've seen him in concert several times, and he always put on a great show.

He will be missed. R.I.P.

These are some of my favorite Kenny Rogers songs:

Twenty Years Ago

The Vows Go Unbroken

Buy Me A Rose

Through The Years

The Greatest

Morning Desire

Planet Texas

What About Me? (Kenny Rogers with Kim Carnes & James Ingram)

Blaze of Glory

@gbgoodies Thank you for the songs/videos you posted----I was trying to think of a certain song of his I couldn't remember the title and you posted it! Morning Desire is the song and it's one of my favorites of his.

I was surprised by his passing. I knew he was up in age but I didn't know he was ailing or anything. Still, 81 is a long run and I'm glad we had him this long. I was a fan also and saw him in concert either in '84 or '85 and really enjoyed his concert. I even saw his 1982 movie, Six Pack because I was a fan. It was just one of those "charming" little movies that was worth a Saturday matinee, which is when I saw it. Of his songs, I really loved Love Lifted Me, Daytime Friends, She Believes in Me, You Decorated My Life, Through the Years, gbg's aforementioned Morning Desire, and Mary, Did You Know?.

Godspeed, Kenny!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@gbgoodies Thank you for the songs/videos you posted----I was trying to think of a certain song of his I couldn't remember the title and you posted it! Morning Desire is the song and it's one of my favorites of his.

I was surprised by his passing. I knew he was up in age but I didn't know he was ailing or anything. Still, 81 is a long run and I'm glad we had him this long. I was a fan also and saw him in concert either in '84 or '85 and really enjoyed his concert. I even saw his 1982 movie, Six Pack because I was a fan. It was just one of those "charming" little movies that was worth a Saturday matinee, which is when I saw it. Of his songs, I really loved Love Lifted Me, Daytime Friends, She Believes in Me, You Decorated My Life, Through the Years, gbg's aforementioned Morning Desire, and Mary, Did You Know?.

Godspeed, Kenny!

You're welcome. I could have posted a lot more of his songs, but I limited it to only a few of my top favorites.

Six Pack was a fun movie. I think it was Anthony Michael Hall's film debut.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I grew up listening to Kenny Rogers' music, and I can't even remember a time when I wasn't a fan of his. I've seen him in concert several times, and he always put on a great show.

Morning Desire
Terrific guitar work by Stanley Jordan.

Terrific guitar work by Stanley Jordan.
Absolutely! Thanks, @Loner, I didn't know who played the guitar on that track. Love Kenny's vocals but the guitar on that particular song is what keeps me hooked.