Coronavirus

Tools    

My town is going to go full lockdown next week even without a single confirmed case of coronavirus. "It's a precaution" the mayor sayed; it's the right thing to do now imo. Walking on streets this morning, I felt like Tom Cruise in the beginning of Vanilla Sky.

My dad and I manage a very small foundry, we are concerned about taxes, since things are stopped. Nobody buying (that include us). Let's see what happens. Going to watch a lot of stuff and play a lot of games next week. Stay safe everyone.
I think that in Brazil's case we should adopt the British approach: quarantine the old and allow the young to catch the virus and create herd imunity. It's perhaps the only option we have since we cannot test and trace every case like South Korea did.

Although if we fight hard enough maybe we can do like China (which is 2 days without a new case) and just stamp out the virus with quarantine.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
A Turkey Hill in PA is closed for a couple days because one employee tested positive for coronavirus. The store is being disinfected and the other employees are being replaced by employees from a different store.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
All bars, clubs and theatres on lockdown here in the UK... But I still have to go into work (in a club, most likely cleaning) tomorrow

No idea if I'm gonna get paid either due to 0 hour contracts. Most likely not. Sweating it a bit over that

Because they're stupid.

Coronavirus comes for spring break: Local officials close Florida beaches after governor refuses to

At the height of the spring break rush, Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday he would not order the beaches closed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1163741
The Gov is letting spring breakers come but wont let Vince McMahon have wrestlemania in the Tampa Bay Arena.

Slightly less stressed today, went to supermarket and was very happy to find boxes of tissues! So got three boxes, also they had eggs today and I love my eggs so bought two boxes so have 12 eggs in the fridge and found some beef mince, and a pack of my favourite meatballs.

So a good trip to the supermarket today, and that was about 11.30 in the morning and the shelves are usually stripped by the people who go 6.30 in the morning when it opens... So quite successful.

Hope everyone else is doing okay in the supermarkets.

But China doesn't have to learn anything about live animal markets. The U.S. could ban or even place a punitive tax on Chinese imports until they clean up their act and ban live animal markets.
America didn’t particularly care before or even know about China’s live animal markets. Possibly, they might care now.

I think that in Brazil's case we should adopt the British approach: quarantine the old and allow the young to catch the virus and create herd imunity.
This is news to me.

Slightly less stressed today, went to supermarket and was very happy to find boxes of tissues! So got three boxes, also they had eggs today and I love my eggs so bought two boxes so have 12 eggs in the fridge and found some beef mince, and a pack of my favourite meatballs.

So a good trip to the supermarket today, and that was about 11.30 in the morning and the shelves are usually stripped by the people who go 6.30 in the morning when it opens... So quite successful.]
Definitely belongs in our Good News thread. Glad it worked out for you.

Me, I am done shopping & spending money on food items. Probably bought too much that will expire before I get to it.

Our Area is still out of Flour and Tomato Sauce. Or In Our case there is a line at stores before they open and people grab instead let items be stocked. Never seen the level of sheer greed. 3 People would not help a short old women get 2 boxes of her favorite cereal and milk and cottage cheese. So I got them for her

The Adventure Starts Here!
It's important that we all have accurate info right now.
Based on what I heard & read this morning: the FILING deadline date for taxes has been extended to July 15th.

Let me know if I'm missing something...
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...-15/index.html
Yes, I saw that. They originally said only the payment date but have since updated it to include the filing date too.

Nobody could be happier than I am right now to have needed to update my information! Yay!

Alot of my Political issues are My Dad was A Die Hard Republican except for local people he knew. I however could not deny Clinton did lots of things in office and cost of living was better. Then there was Bush Jr which I never voted for but didnt hate either. Im currently an Indpendant Voter who thinks R or D both really need get **** together no matter who is president next.

Had a routine physical scheduled for Monday. I called Wednesday to cancel but then of course they called me Thursday to cancel I ended up going today anyway to pick up my wife's monthly script and I didn't know what to expect. The huge parking lot is usually jammed but it was only a quarter full. Upon entering the building I was asked 3 questions and told I needed to have my temperature taken. I opened my mouth wide and the lady laughed and just ran it across my forehead. Afterward I went to the dog park and it was closed so I went to the regular park. Overall not a big difference for me since I'm still working. Just washing my hands more and avoiding public door handles.

This Corona thing will decide our future Trump reelection or his loss.
If that's the case than I (also Independent) would have to hope for Trump to win... because it would mean we "flattened the curve" and were successful in coming through this crisis with a minimal loss of life (which, I realize, itself is a relative term) and a somewhat restored economy.

You ready? You look ready.
I don’t remember where I read it but I saw an interesting study about a possible correlation with the widespread worldwide vaping amongst the young (i.e. weakened lungs and became carriers for an opportunistic virus).

I’ll dig through my history and find it.

Im Not AN I when it comes to Trump or Hillary. At the Time I Just Couldn't Vote for either.
I'm a "registered" I.

A funny story - since I never really followed politics or "rules" behind voing...
I went down to the polls to vote in a primary (it was Obama vs. Hillary - I went to vote for Obama).
When I got there they looked up my name and said, "You can't vote."
I asked, "What do you mean I can't vote? You found my name! I'm in the right place, aren't I?"
They said,"Yes, but you're registered as an Independent - you can't vote in a Democrat primary! Only registered Democrats can vote in a Democrat primary."

I left kind of mad, having thought that being an Independent meant I could vote for anybody at any time!