How do you rank the Mariachi Trilogy?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I like the movies and keep going back to them. I think my ranking would be like this:

1. ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO

This is often ranked as the least best, but I thought it was the biggest and most epic feeling, even if it was the most over the top. It did a good job of intertwining four subplots into one, or at least I thought so.

2. EL MARIACHI

A pretty good indie movie for it's time, and very enjoyable. The tragic ending really works, and you do not see Robert Rodriguez make movies with a more serious tone like this anymore.

3. DESPERADO

Some say this is the best one, and it's not bad per say, but I find it to be just a repeat of the first one. The plot is very much the same in similar elements of a guy going around with a guitar case full of guns, and the woman's relationship to the druglord is very similar to that of the first one. The one main difference is, is that it has a happy ending, instead of a tragic one, but it feels Rodriguez was trying to correct it, like it was mistake in the first one.

But this is my take on them. What do you tink?

1. DESPERADO
Casting salma hayek ; 5/5 , the guns in instruments; 4.5/5, the cinematography in sync with the music; 4/5..

2. EL MARIACHI
Low budget, raw, straightforward simple, not bad..

3. ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO
Forgettable, maybe I need a re-watch..

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I haven't seen El Mariachi, but I have seen the latter films. Desperado was decent. I would call it a fun Rodriguez fare, whereas Once Upon a Time in Mexico was decent as well, although I didn't have as much fun with it as Desperado. I wouldn't call either of them classics, at least not personally.