Coronavirus

Tools    

Trump isn't worried about the UK, just Europe. They must be safe, the orange guy is never wrong.
You do know flights from Ireland and the UK to the US will also now be subject to the same restrictions as of midnight tonight (EDT)?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
A lot of local school districts initially carved out times students can come to pick up any state-sponsored meals they may have been eligible for. Worth checking if that's true where you are (or still true where you are) for anyone who has kids who relied on that.
OK, that's great. I don't have kids so I'm only in the loop for as much as my parenting friends explain to me. I did not know that. My guess is that probably isn't the case here as my parent friends are worried about that specifically. There are a lot of kids here that probably get most of their food from school programs.

I am glad to hear some areas are being considerate of that.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Yeah, it's been very encouraging. That might change, of course, who knows, but I saw a lot of that stuff. And similar common sense exceptions like "close all public stores except grocery stores and pharmacies." So far it's been a very sensible response with all the obvious exceptions being made that you'd hope would be made.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
That gives me hope then. More announcements like that, to the community here, would go a long way to keeping the calm. Well, keeping social unrest in general down.

An here is the biggest scam in human history. Trump cares nothing about people. This allows him to collect tax free money and there should already be funds for outbreaks in the gov budget anyways. All this safety **** is trump making a play for more power.
I'm sure Trump is THRILLED about the dow dropping 7 points today

Glad UK is finally on US travel list, whole country been treating it like a joke. Going to get hit harder than Italy

Sucks because this could've been preventable in the US as well, don't know why it took almost 1000 cases for Trump to assemble a task force, we should've globally been taking this seriously when it was still local to Wuhan

You ready? You look ready.
It's so hard not to look at it when I have it added to my banking dashboard. Every time I check my checking (hehe) I get a glimpse of it. But I'm young.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But the fact that people think it's going to go away because it will summer be summer soon is unrealistic though, isn't? The regular flus and colds are still around and haven't died out from the world yet. HIV has never been killed off because it was summer time, and it's still around. So what makes the corona virus so inferior that it's going to die soon?

Very true. I mean, how much of our day were we already thinking about getting on the Internet or wanting to just kill time with it? Here's your chance. Do some planks, catch up on a watch list, read a bit, get through whatever digital or #content backlog you've been thinking about, if you can. It's not a good thing, but it can be made into a better one.

We're lucky we have so many options when isolated.
Do some planks?

The governor of Washington state where I live ordered all restaurants and bars closed yesterday, except for take out (and I image drive-through would be open). I wonder if all retail stores except pharmacy and grocery will be closed next? That's what was done in parts of Italy, so I could see that happening in my state.

In the last few days I've went from concern, to anxiousness, to real worry. I never thought I see so much of civilization shut down. I'm just glad for the opportunity to have the internet and MoFo for some much needed diversion.

You ready? You look ready.
I went out yesterday and bought a Nintendo Switch so I'd be ready if they declare martial law.

And you won't believe how many old people I saw out there walking around the mall. I must say that it's gotta be pretty nice to be comfortable with your feebleness that you're willing to risk a dangerous virus just so you can get your steps in.

My dad said that CA governor ordered everyone over 65 to stay home, but he still went to work. He's in the same boat as me. No choice in the matter. We both HAVE to go to work. I wish they'd just go ahead and close everything down but gas stations and pharmacies.

But the fact that people think it's going to go away because it will summer be summer soon is unrealistic though, isn't? The regular flus and colds are still around and haven't died out from the world yet. HIV has never been killed off because it was summer time, and it's still around. So what makes the corona virus so inferior that it's going to die soon?
You asked when it will be "over." I'm pretty sure nobody took that to mean "when will this virus be eradicated forever?" because that's not how this works, for the reasons you just noted. They took it, quite reasonably, to mean "when will the crisis peak?" or "when will things start to get back to normal?"

You'll have to phrase things more precisely, I'm afraid, assuming your goal is actually to have your questions answered, which is a premise I'm finding it a bit harder to believe with each passing day.

And honestly, even if you did mean to ask something as strange as the above, and people did not realize that, it still should have been obvious from the responses how people were taking the question. The natural thing to do there is to recognize the miscommunication, explain it, and clarify what you meant. What you definitely shouldn't do is something like the above, where you never note precisely what you mean, and instead phrase your response as a disagreement or contradiction. That's a waste of everyone's time.

Taking the time to ask the right questions, and carefully consider answers before disagreeing with them, would go a long way here. When it's done in a thread asking about some perceived plot hole, it can be a little grating, but is mostly harmless. On this topic information and clarity are actually important, though, so you should adjust your threshold for this stuff accordingly. And hopefully those habits will be calibrated better going forward on less important topics, too.

Awwwwww bless, that person nearest the camera simply couldn't bear to be parted from their plastic chicken so brought it with them

"Either the chicken joins in or I'm not playing!"

The governor of Washington state where I live ordered all restaurants and bars closed yesterday, except for take out (and I image drive-through would be open). I wonder if all retail stores except pharmacy and grocery will be closed next? That's what was done in parts of Italy, so I could see that happening in my state.

In the last few days I've went from concern, to anxiousness, to real worry. I never thought I see so much of civilization shut down. I'm just glad for the opportunity to have the internet and MoFo for some much needed diversion.
I doubt walmart and foodstore can close because the state of washington would have no food circulation.

Im also certain Trump and these Gov and so on can only call for schools and lots of things to be shut down for so long a time. Teachers Bus Drivers no working will start effecting the economy and places where people work at sport venues and so on.

But All workers cant just stay home. There has to be cops there has to be fire persons. The Mail cant stop. Truck drivers and some people have to work fr the State and National Gov because of pensions. Bars are easy to close there just be more drinking were ever.

Also sad to think on it the thousands of homeless people arent even a factor. Cause those people can have this but nothing can be done. People with insurance and can be treated will get top priority.

Glad UK is finally on US travel list, whole country been treating it like a joke. Going to get hit harder than Italy

Sucks because this could've been preventable in the US as well, don't know why it took almost 1000 cases for Trump to assemble a task force, we should've globally been taking this seriously when it was still local to Wuhan
Im Not saying the Virus is a scam. I am saying that Trump pretending he care about people dying and getting infected is the scam.

Im Not saying the Virus is a scam. I am saying that Trump pretending he care about people dying and getting infected is the scam.
I'm no fan of Trumps, but it's probably best to keep political broadsides out of the thread. Though direct comments about the Trump administrations actions on the CV pandemic would be appropriate IMO.

Ok I wont mention Trump Again but my opinion is this country should been helping other's beat it before it got so bad. I think all this now is too late response to it.

Ok I wont mention Trump Again but my opinion is this country should been helping other's beat it before it got so bad. I think all this now is too late response to it.
I didn't mean just you personally, I meant in general we all should try and avoid over politicizing this pandemic on this thread.