CURRENT MOVIE CLICHES

Tools    

Another discussion and no one called me to close the thread.

I don't want to ostracize Mr. @GulfportDoc I think he born in a different generation. A generation where you had to cover your ground and be a man. A generation where you had to adapt if you didn't had the social skill to be what everyone else was, a man with all the traits of a man. A generation with a lot of what is now called, toxic masculinity. I remember seeing a video, actually countless times, it's called The Snow Guardian, you can find it on YouTube in the NatGeo channel. It's about a man, called billy barr, almost 70 years old now, he got tired of the social pressure to be like everyone else, find a mate blablabla, and in the age of 24 he went to Colorado for a research and ended up staying and living there in a cabin, all alone, while he was there he recorded the weather for a lot of years and now because of him they can actually prove global warming. Anyway, he went to Colorado because he wasn't capable of such masculinity because he was a "soft man". He likes to watch romance movies, Bollywood and nothing with any type of violence. So even in your generation that was already a thing, most man had to adapt the same way most homosexuals had to marry and have children's.

There's a good movie from this year, called The Last Black Man in San Francisco that show this soft masculinity, or whatever you want to call it. The point in all of this is: it was always here and it will always will be, but maybe now, like everything else, like woman's rights it have more visibility for obvious reasons. About sex change operation, in my country you can change sex with 16 years old without parents consent. I don't really have an opinion on the matter because I don't plan on cutting my penis off.

Have their been lots of cases where the child has made the decision? I thought that in most cases, it was an age of consent 18+ plus thing for that type of decision making.
I thought this too. And, in any event, no one responded to your question.

I don't really have an opinion on the matter because I don't plan on cutting my penis off.
You do realize you gave us your opinion in your last post?

All Media these days are promoting this subjects - homosexuality, same-sex relationship/marriage, feminism, trangenderism and teenage sexualisation. It is in nearly every TV Show and Film now.

All Media these days are promoting this subjects - homosexuality, same-sex relationship/marriage, feminism, trangenderism and teenage sexualisation. It is in nearly every TV Show and Film now.
This is life today. That’s why it’s on tv & in movies.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yeah, that reminds me of scenes where a villain holds a gun on someone and orders the person into a car. Doing that puts the villain in control of the situation. If you are around people, you are better off trying to get away. Those scenes only make sense (a little) if you are someone like James Bond and hoping to meet the head villain.

Tearing a strip from a shirt does allow you to tie it tighter around a wound, reducing the bleeding, but if the bleeding is profuse, you probably should use more than a strip.
I guess this happened in North By Northwest. What if Cary Grant refused to get into the car, and just announced to the whole restaurant that the men have guns?

This is life today. That’s why it’s on tv & in movies.

it`s more directed programming and propaganda than it is reality. And I say this as a gay man myself.

Account terminated on request
There's 8 pages in this thread, so forgive me if this was covered:

SO BACK TO THE LIGHTER side, and this isn't necessarily a current movie cliche, but it started with a movie.

You know how people will say "___? We don't need no stink'n ___."

That phrase seems to be used more often 10 years ago or so IME, but in any case, but I believe that it all started here in 1948 (the cliche phrase we use is a misquote):

They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

Welcome to the human race...
it`s more directed programming and propaganda than it is reality. And I say this as a gay man myself.
So by your definition, this post is promoting homosexuality?

Person X has just lost a dear fiend, family member, or has been shot and person Y asks them: "Are you OK?" WTF?! Of course, they are not.

The best time someone asked Are you Okay was in Tucker and Dale vs. Evil when the dead guy was up to his waist in a woodchipper. "Are you okay!"

Another cliche in action movies or thrillers, is when a cop or a federal agent has to come out or retirement for one last case, even though they don't want to, and they are no older than their early 40s, i.e. Blade Runner, Manhunter, etc.

⬆️ Depending upon where you live, a cop needs only 20-25 years of service before they can retire if they so wish. So a cop could easily be only 45 when he retires. So I don’t see the cliché here.

“I was cured, all right!”
Mary sues and woke elements. It's annoying. Terminator Dark Fate was doomed with that **** start, but the Mary Sue + Woke elements made it even more stupid and boring.

⬆️ Depending upon where you live, a cop needs only 20-25 years of service before they can retire if they so wish. So a cop could easily be only 45 when he retires. So I don’t see the cliché here.
Oh okay, but they still keep coming out of retirement in the story, which seems to get old.

Mary sues and woke elements. It's annoying. Terminator Dark Fate was doomed with that **** start, but the Mary Sue + Woke elements made it even more stupid and boring.
Haven't Mary Sue characters been around for a lot longer than woke elements though? I guess that makes Mary Sue characters a lot more of a cliche though.

Haven't Mary Sue characters been around for a lot longer than woke elements though? I guess that makes Mary Sue characters a lot more of a cliche though.
I'd never heard of a 'Mary Sue' term until just a few minutes ago, but in reading about it, I see it's a term that has been around for a long time. Longer than woke elements.

Oh okay, but they still keep coming out of retirement in the story, which seems to get old.
There's only so many ways you can make soup...or...bring a retired movie detective back into the story.

Welcome to the human race...
Presumably, Mary Sues are considered modern because there's allegedly a prevalence of them in mainstream film these days (whereas the term itself originated as a criticism of fan fiction where the author creates a flawless original character who may just be a thinly-veiled fantasy version of the author herself, hence the fake-sounding name of "Mary Sue"). The real problem stems from when people lazily use it as a catch-all criticism for female protagonists without explaining what makes a particular female protagonist a Mary Sue - I wouldn't consider any of the protagonists of Terminator: Dark Fate to be Mary Sues (Grace has cyborg abilities but still runs on short-lived battery power while Dani still has to work her way up to being a resistance leader much like John Connor did).

All things considered, I'm surprised a thread titled "Current Movie Clichés" didn't turn into reactionary woke-bashing several pages earlier.