The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

Hmm. Well as long as it's not a musical or some **** like Cannibal Holocaust it should be okay. I hope.
I'm racing home because there's something so strange about this and I can't wait to say what it is.

Ok so besides making a list of contenders for everyone for me to nominate, I did a list of 10 that I most wanted nominated for me to watch. Ahwell nominated my #3, Spaulding nominated by #2, and then Fredrick nominated my #1.

My wife happened to have seen all 14 of my contenders for Miss Vicky, strange since I watch 80-90% of my movies without her. Anyway, I read her Miss Vicky's post about what she likes and doesn't like, and I ask her to pick which of my 14 contenders she thinks is the best bet. Without hesitation she picks one. I think more of it, and while MV would never pick it to watch, I know the movie inside and out and decide that it actually fits her perfectly. Then Captain Spaulding comes along and nominates that exact same movie for her! I couldn't believe it. Spaulding has joked in the past that he has more in common with my wife than I do. Message to Spaulding-stay away from my dogs at least!

Spaulding also nominated my #2 for Fredrick after CR nominated my #3 for him. Then good old John Connor comes along and nominates my #1. Then Wyldesyde joins, and I already scouted him out. I had a clear number 1 for him, but as soon as he joins, Spaulding sends me a message that he's nominating the same movie wtf. Spaulding said he played eenie meenie to nominate for ahwell, but he picked my #2 choice for him, then someone else tries nominating the same movie for ahwell again!

These are just a couple of examples because it's happening a lot. I think it means that we're pretty good at this, and people are going to be watching titles that suit them well.

Ok so besides making a list of contenders for everyone for me to nominate, I did a list of 10 that I most wanted nominated for me to watch. Ahwell nominated my #3, Spaulding nominated by #2, and then Fredrick nominated my #1.

My wife happened to have seen all 14 of my contenders for Miss Vicky, strange since I watch 80-90% of my movies without her. Anyway, I read her Miss Vicky's post about what she likes and doesn't like, and I ask her to pick which of my 14 contenders she thinks is the best bet. Without hesitation she picks one. I think more of it, and while MV would never pick it to watch, I know the movie inside and out and decide that it actually fits her perfectly. Then Captain Spaulding comes along and nominates that exact same movie for her! I couldn't believe it. Spaulding has joked in the past that he has more in common with my wife than I do. Message to Spaulding-stay away from my dogs at least!

Spaulding also nominated my #2 for Fredrick after CR nominated my #3 for him. Then good old John Connor comes along and nominates my #1. Then Wyldesyde joins, and I already scouted him out. I had a clear number 1 for him, but as soon as he joins, Spaulding sends me a message that he's nominating the same movie wtf. Spaulding said he played eenie meenie to nominate for ahwell, but he picked my #2 choice for him, then someone else tries nominating the same movie for ahwell again!

These are just a couple of examples because it's happening a lot. I think it means that we're pretty good at this, and people are going to be watching titles that suit them well.
LOL rough time you’ve been having.

I’ll have my other two noms up tonight I think.

LOL rough time you’ve been having.

I’ll have my other two noms up tonight I think.
I think it's a good thing because it feels like people are getting what's meant to be. It's just been so coincidental to the point of being weird.

I Nominate Me Myself and I. Why Not Nedstark. I am of course kidding I tend to not get into any politics. I am no great man just an average man. Im kind to animals but also will yell at my cat if it steals a piece of Bacon from my plate. I am an Indepenant because I think we all need to get together to fix this country. rep and dem have failed this nation. I am on this site but likely not well known enough to win.

I Nominate Me Myself and I. Why Not Nedstark. I am of course kidding I tend to not get into any politics. I am no great man just an average man. Im kind to animals but also will yell at my cat if it steals a piece of Bacon from my plate. I am an Indepenant because I think we all need to get together to fix this country. rep and dem have failed this nation. I am on this site but likely not well known enough to win.
Um, what?

Ned, this isn't a popularity contest or favorite MoFo, that's not what we're doing here. It's all about movies. See the 1st post for Cricket's description and rules.

There's about a 1000 choices for Wyldesyde and 3 of the first 4 people nominating for him tried to pick the same movie. It's unbelievable.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
turning into QUITE the turnout

Oh, and I like the idea of not knowing who nominated what for who until the very end. Makes for quite the potluck situation.
Though, of course, however we do the reveals will do nicely for me

Hey Fredrick is probably my biggest wildcard. I've noticed that he watches a lot of exploitation, so I felt like I could be a little more daring with his selection. Hopefully he doesn't hate me for it.

As far as revealing who nominated what, I was wondering if we should leave it up to the individual watcher? If someone wants to know before they watch, after they vote, or after the votes are tallied it's fine with me. Or, when someone posts their thoughts on a movie they can guess who picked it in that post, and then it can be revealed. Or it can be the same for everyone. I don't care-majority rules.

As far as revealing who nominated what, I was wondering if we should leave it up to the individual watcher? If someone wants to know before they watch, after they vote, or after the votes are tallied it's fine with me. Or, when someone posts their thoughts on a movie they can guess who picked it in that post, and then it can be revealed. Or it can be the same for everyone. I don't care-majority rules.
I think people are probably going to be able to guess fairly easily which nominations I picked, so it doesn't matter to me.

It's cool that you asked us You're a good host.

I think it will work best if we don't know and don't tell what we nominated until after the reveal...I think it keeps it more impartial that way, and makes reviewing an anonymous nominated movie easier too.

The trick is not minding
I have 6 people with nominations picked for. Some may not like them, but I’m unconcerned with that to be honest. I’m not picking trashy films, but films I have seen personally that I thoroughly enjoyed. That said, I do hope you have a good time watching them at the very least.
I’ll finish up later on tonight.

The trick is not minding
It's cool that you asked us You're a good host.

I think it will work best if we don't know and don't tell what we nominated until after the reveal...I think it keeps it more impartial that way, and makes reviewing an anonymous nominated movie easier too.
Agreed with the above.

The trick is not minding
There's about a 1000 choices for Wyldesyde and 3 of the first 4 people nominating for him tried to pick the same movie. It's unbelievable.
And that movie is probably “Her”.
😏

The trick is not minding
And that movie is probably “Her”.
😏
Um, you have to watch that regardless of what gets picked for you here.
I know, I know. I have it amongst my “must see soon” list I made in my mind. 😏