Things that annoy you...

Tools    

My Samsung $12 fliptop phone has a dead battery. Didn’t even know it had a battery, much less that said battery would die on me. Had this battery for years. Got the thing open & spent a lot of annoying time searching for a replacement battery on line. Bought one from FactoryOutlet.com for the same price that phone originally cost. Praying I ordered the right battery. Stressful.
FINALLY dawned on me that what I needed was a new charger not a new battery. Was able to find the same charger on eBay & my phone has sprung back to life today. Quite the saga.

I know we could all have a million driving posts (for those of us who drive)...

But today, a car in front of me was turning right onto a side street, so I slowed down. Another car on that same side street was waiting to make a left-hand turn and pull out onto the thoroughfare. It's one of those areas where it's nearly impossible to make a left hand turn from a side street into the traffic.

Remarkabley, it was at a moment when there were no cars coming the opposite way and I was almost stopped anyway, so, with the break in traffic, I flashed him my lights to let him go.

I did not have my blinker or hazards on, I was just letting another car go - but the guy behind me couldn't wait a micro-second and seemed clueless that I was pausing to let another vehicle pull out (even though it was obvious to anyone paying attention)!

He (or she) pulls out of the line of traffic, guns their engine and passes me on the left just as the guy I was letting go pulled out.

It was almost a collision as the guy pulling out looked both ways, saw it was safe and saw me flashing my lights and waving at him to go (after all, I was stopping traffic FOR him to pull out) - he didn't expect the car behind me to get out of line and floor his gas pedal.

The idiot who went around me had to slam on their breaks hard (skidding as it was raining out) as the car I was letting go pulled into the appropriate lane just as the idiot almost rammed the car that was pulling out.

⬆️ Crazy, but glad nobody got hurt. As a pedestrian, I have to have eyes in the back of my head to avoid being hit by a car.

I know we could all have a million driving posts (for those of us who drive)...

But today, a car in front of me was turning right onto a side street, so I slowed down. Another car on that same side street was waiting to make a left-hand turn and pull out onto the thoroughfare. It's one of those areas where it's nearly impossible to make a left hand turn from a side street into the traffic.

Remarkabley, it was at a moment when there were no cars coming the opposite way and I was almost stopped anyway, so, with the break in traffic, I flashed him my lights to let him go.

I did not have my blinker or hazards on, I was just letting another car go - but the guy behind me couldn't wait a micro-second and seemed clueless that I was pausing to let another vehicle pull out (even though it was obvious to anyone paying attention)!

He (or she) pulls out of the line of traffic, guns their engine and passes me on the left just as the guy I was letting go pulled out.

It was almost a collision as the guy pulling out looked both ways, saw it was safe and saw me flashing my lights and waving at him to go (after all, I was stopping traffic FOR him to pull out) - he didn't expect the car behind me to get out of line and floor his gas pedal.

The idiot who went around me had to slam on their breaks hard (skidding as it was raining out) as the car I was letting go pulled into the appropriate lane just as the idiot almost rammed the car that was pulling out.
I'm on the road all day from April through November and see this kind of crap all the time. Like you, I'm what I consider a courteous driver and being one enrages some drivers especially the ones following you. I don't get it but whatever. This year I plan to document all the idiots I come across with my new dash cam. Got it as a sort of insurance policy but I might make a little dvd of greatest hits. No pun intended.

People who post obviously false s*** on social media and continue to defend it when they get called out.

For example, my neighbor posted this on FB:

I responded by posting a photo of Trump in front of the same curtain and pointed out that nobody is calling him a Muslim. Then I posted a link to the Snopes page that debunks this stupid rumor.

My neighbor's response? "I see a flag by that curtain and you can't trust Snopes."

The trick is not minding
People who post obviously false s*** on social media and continue to defend it when they get called out.

For example, my neighbor posted this on FB:

I responded by posting a photo of Trump in front of the same curtain and pointed out that nobody is calling him a Muslim. Then I posted a link to the Snopes page that debunks this stupid rumor.

My neighbor's response? "I see a flag by that curtain and you can't trust Snopes."

She probably still believes he took his oath on a Quran rather then a bible as well. 🙄
You can’t reason with people like that.
On the same subject, extreme Bernie supporters have gotten me seriously contemplating distancing myself from them due to their perceived moral superiority, condescending responses to critics and and overall childish attitude to said critics.
This was an an actual response on FB when a mutual friend responded to a Bernie supporters criticisms.
Her: the problem is your narrow minded response doesn’t lend itself to much discussion.
Him: to be clear, I find you narrow minded as well.
I mean, how childish of a response is that? And he’s usually a smart guy. Wicked smart even.
Ok end rant

She probably still believes he took his oath on a Quran rather then a bible as well. 🙄
You can’t reason with people like that.
It wouldn't surprise me. She's really gone off the deep end. When she's not posting anti-Obama BS or pro-Trump BS, she's reposting things calling Democrats "traitors," "the enemy," and "communists."

I've known her my whole life and she's basically a second mom to me, but holy crap I can't wrap my head around her level of crazy these days.

On the same subject, extreme Bernie supporters have gotten me seriously contemplating distancing myself from them due to their perceived moral superiority, condescending responses to critics and and overall childish attitude to said critics.
This was an an actual response on FB when a mutual friend responded to a Bernie supporters criticisms.
Her: the problem is your narrow minded response doesn’t lend itself to much discussion.
Him: to be clear, I find you narrow minded as well.
I mean, how childish of a response is that? And he’s usually a smart guy. Wicked smart even.
Ok end rant
Ugh. Nothing like an election year to bring out the absolute worst in people.

I've already unfollowed or unfriended a lot of people who post crap on either extreme of the political spectrum or who can't have civilized discussion. I'm on the verge of doing the same with this neighbor and with one of my aunts who posts similar crap.

Update: I posted a photo of Ronald Reagan standing at the podium in front of a gold curtain with no flag in sight and said "Guess Reagan was a Muslim too!"

My neighbor's response: "I never said he was Muslim, I said he sucked."

Yes, because somehow reposting a meme accusing Obama of being a Muslim is not the same as accusing him of being Muslim.

She must be exhausted from those mental gymnastics.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm sure I've posted this here at least three times earlier, but I cannot emphasize this enough: people that stop at yield signs really grind my gears (thanks, Peter Griffin). Add to that people who slow down for green lights in hopes that it turns red before they (and others behind them) reach it; jack-a-roos that bottleneck the passing lane 5+ miles under the speed limit running parallel to the car next to them (variants include those that speed up when you give up and decide to pass them on the right, only for them to then realize how slow they're going and speed up effectively preventing you from passing before approaching whatever other slow-moving drive is up ahead then, after submitting and falling behind them again in the left, they decide to slow back down and coast in parallel to the next group of vehicles rather than maintaining their recent increase in speed to pass); and those jerk mullets with a complete lack of self awareness to realize they are the only drivers on a highway, in the right lane, preventing you from entering the lane of traffic from a side ride entry point.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Update: I posted a photo of Ronald Reagan standing at the podium in front of a gold curtain with no flag in sight and said "Guess Reagan was a Muslim too!"

My neighbor's response: "I never said he was Muslim, I said he sucked."

Yes, because somehow reposting a meme accusing Obama of being a Muslim is not the same as accusing him of being Muslim.

She must be exhausted from those mental gymnastics.

I've given up FB for just those folks. I might log in once every few months to look for a new cat video.

The driving one that really annoys me is eejits that are waiting at a traffic light to turn onto the near lane of a major road and when it goes green they start driving, make the turn and then immediately stop for the red light that's for the traffic on the road they've just turned on to. Cannot for the life of me imagine the thought process that goes through their tiny brain - as if a traffic light would turn green only to allow them travel all of about ten feet before another one would tell them to stop

You ready? You look ready.
People who ask me IT questions and then argue with me when I give them an answer they don't like. Like wtf, I been doing this **** professionally for almost 2 decades now. But those paper pushers get bold.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I have a few driving annoyances Drivers who are in too much of a hurry. If you want to drive like you're in a stock car race, get to the dirt track. Don't be tailgating me or I'm flipping the dash switch that releases an oil slick...or if I'm really pissed, tacks. If the the light has turned yellow and is a second from turning red, I'm stopping...I don't run red lights so the car behind me better not be texting while driving!

I have a few driving annoyances Drivers who are in too much of a hurry. If you want to drive like you're in a stock car race, get to the dirt track. Don't be tailgating me or I'm flipping the dash switch that releases an oil slick...or if I'm really pissed. tacks. If the the light has turned yellow and is a second from turning red, I'm stopping...I don't run red lights so the car behind me better not be texting while driving!
I always wanted a bumper sticker that says "The Closer You Get, The Slower I'll Go!"

?.. people who slow down for green lights in hopes that it turns red before they (and others behind them) reach it
I don’t drive, but when I worked in Manhattan one of my colleagues rode the bus in from New Jersey every day. (And that must have been hellish.) She would arrive pissed every day because the same bus driver every day did what you describe. And this guy did it for every single light all the way in. It drove her nuts.

people who slow down for green lights in hopes that it turns red before they (and others behind them) reach it
Nobody does that on purpose, not bus drivers, not those driving cars. It's a misnomer by people who are overly in a hurry and don't understand the driver is doing the speed limit and stopping for a yellow light. I've been driving for a lot longer than most of you and I've never seen anyone who deliberately stops at green lights.

Nobody does that on purpose, not bus drivers, not those driving cars. It's a misnomer by people who are overly in a hurry and don't understand the driver is doing the speed limit and stopping for a yellow light. I've been driving for a lot longer than most of you and I've never seen anyone who deliberately stops at green lights.
So that we're on the same page! I'm not describing stopping at a green light, or slowing down for a yellow light. I mean specifically someone slowing down when approaching a solid green light. They don't stop, but will drop speed considerably when approaching a lit intersection, as if the light is yellow. I totally understand slowing down for yellow. But in these cases, no yellows are illuminated.

Now I will add that sometimes they slow so much that they do eventually catch a yellow change. Most times, however, it seems as though they assume it will change before they get to it so they slow down in overly cautious antici.....pay-shun (couldn't help myself) of sorts, eventually meandering on under a still-green light.

It happens a lot in the few lights between where I live and the city proper. Drives me bonkers lol.

*EDIT*
"people who slow down for green lights in hopes that it turns red yellow then red before they (and others behind them) reach it"